Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
How did this woman manage to birth another human being? I actually can’t believe she managed to go through hours upon hours of arduous labour when she can’t even ride a bike without being an absolute badgers arse about it

• Haha
Reactions: 32

LA2019

The thing is with Lily, she wanted everything to be done the minute she moved into that house. Most people who renovate tend to do it either over time or they’ll have lived in the house for a while. Because she jumped the gun she’s made so many mistakes and the house is a mess, case in point those horrific storage cupboards in the stupid open plan kitchen/living/dining that just doesn’t work. If she hadn’t been in so much of a rush, she would’ve learned more about the house to see what does and doesn’t work - especially with a baby. Hence she’s always moaning about Greys toys being out on display 🤦🏻‍♀️

The rooms, albeit boring, are perfectly liveable in reality but because she had to buy everything straight away all at once, she’s now learning she’s made horrific mistakes and she’s desperate for a free interior to come and help her fix her mistakes.
Because Lily HAS to be the first at doing everything. She HAD to be the first to get married and have the big 'non pinterest but totally pinterest wedding' and then Anna had a really low key, chilled wedding and GUESS WHAT - they both still ended up married. She HAD to be the first to have a house and then Anna goes and buys a house and it's nicer and bigger but not in LONDON - but GUESS WHAT - no one actually cares because for everyone else there is a world outside the M25. And Lily HAD to be the first to have a baby and whilst Anna isn't quite there yet she has spent the years since getting married going on amazing trips with her husband, committing herself to her career and buying her dream home.

Ok, reading that back it totally sounds like i'm heavily fan-girling Anna but what i'm trying to say is that, for Lily life is this mad check list of milestones that she thinks proves that you are living your best life because she totally thinks that what everyone should be doing. And if you're not doing that then you're failing at life. The problem with having generic goals in life is that everyone else can reach those goals. You're not doing anything amazing or note-worthy. Not knocking anyone who has those goals (i'm married, with a kid and house) but that isn't the be all and end all for me. For Lily's she's ticked off the majority on her list of things to do and is like 'now what?' Nothing fulfils her because she doesn't know who she is or what she truly wants from life. It would be sad if she wasn't in such a privileged position - she has all the resources to go out and achieve more/see more/do more. So it's kind of infuriating to watch.

CheshireLove

VIP Member
Well, I listened to their new podcast episode so you don't have to! I had never listened to it before but am feeling quite down today, and needed a laugh, so I thought "why not?". Here is a breakdown for your reading pleasure:

• They are going on a 4 week hiatus because doing weekly episodes is too much and they’re re-structuring the podcast.
  • When Lily and Rich first moved in together Rich was shocked at how bad Lily was at taking care of herself, and Lily was shocked at how “well-trained” Rich was.
  • Rich and Lily went through a bad phase where she felt like they weren’t on the same team because Lily would exaggerate stories to friends and Rich would call out her bullshit.
  • Both of them suffer from imposter syndrome all the time. Anna says that Lily is good at being authoritative (but not in a way that pisses people off, she’s just confident. Lol.) Lily admires that Anna respects people and is not rude to them.
  • Anna believes that positive attracts positive and that you should always have positive thinking. Lily vehemently agrees.
  • Lily refuses to wear thongs. Is shocked that Anna wears thongs at home.
  • Sex after a baby: No judgment on how long people wait before they have sex again after birth. Lily and Rich waited for a long time because they were too busy with life. When they finally did it again it was very uncomfortable and it hurt her C-Section scar, but she says it’s probably worse for people who have a natural birth. Lily wonders if sex after birth can be worse than losing your virginity. (??)
  • Lily says that Anna is the best at dealing with criticism and that Lily used to be alright but is now the worst. Anna says fuck! Don’t think I have ever heard her cuss the whole time I’ve been following her? Anna doesn’t care about criticism if it’s something she doesn’t agree with, but takes it personally if it’s something she’s sensitive about.
  • Still about criticism, Lily says that if something said about her that she knows is true she allows herself to feel bad about it and “poor Rich who has to deal with that” but then she leans into it and what she can do about it because she is “all about the feedback” and loves to turn the negative into a positive.
  • The only experience Lily has with being cheated on is when she was 15 and her then-boyfriend cheated. Anna’s boyfriend cheated on her when she was 18 by having a threesome, and Anna had FOMO and felt left out…
  • Both of them say they love casually flirting with other men (Anna "had a thing going" with her optician).
And these are....grown adult women in their thirties?

• Haha
  • Wow

Readread

VIP Member
For a beginner and someone that says they are unfit there’s literally nothing wrong with her output, cadence or resistance.

It’s her journey and she was more than likely keeping in the ranges set by the instructor and if not - it’s her journey!

God it’s like the awful showing off that takes place on the U.K. peloton FB groups - people putting others down and bragging about their outputs - so bloody boring - literally unless you are know someone’s fitness levels, medical issues AND are a fully qualified spin or fitness instructor, don’t push your own stats onto someone else starting their fitness journey OR just doing their own thing without their own comfort zone.

Yes I have a peloton and yes I think others calling out others ‘low’ stars is super wanky 🥱🤦🏻‍♀️
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ooooookay then (y)

Her resistance has gone up 4% since she started working out, she's never going to get "fit" if she doesn't push herself.

She chooses to document her use of the Peloton, she is therefore going to be subjected to comments about her "journey".

It also looks like you don't really comment on the Lily thread, FYI we all think she is actually the "wanky" one. Welcome!

• Haha

CuriousAndCurioser

I’ve seen so many IG people supporting Zoe on this, commenting and going to town on the media, rightfully so. Only Lily makes it about herself, as if she’s part of it. Even this, even something like this, she needs to claim she’s part of.

• Angry
Anna also feels very grateful to Lily for all the opportunities she has allowed her to have. I have been diving into Lily's old vlogs and there have been so many beauty chats videos from 2015 or even earlier where Anna mentioned how she owes it to Lily, because she encouraged Anna to start vlogging, she taught her about working with brands blah blah blah. It was so funny to listen knowing what I know now, how Anna's views and follower counts are higher than Lily's and she's getting more brand deals. Lily really is an empty shell of what she used to be. All of the OG youtubers I used to watch are.
What alot of the OG influencers don't understand is they are a privileged phenomenon. They got in at the right time, the right age demographic (YT users were mostly young adults in those days) and b/c it was a new medium and lack of competition at the time, they were able to cultivate their brand without fear of money/homelessness b/c they were fortunate to have a partner/parents to help them. They were selling an escapist curated version of their lives and brands seeing there was a new avenue outside of TV/Radio/Film flocked to this cheaper medium. Trips were freely given to further perpetuate the myth of their ideal lives. Looking back, many vlogs had the vibe of indie films/music videos without models/stunning actresses in the starring role. However we're now ten years later where these OG influencers are older with children/mortgage/husband and haven't realised what worked previously isn't going to fly anymore. The pandemic is raging on and they can't present an escapist/idealic life without breaking the rules or coming across as wildly out of touch which is what they are.

• Heart

under the ivy

VIP Member
What is with the narrative of stressful Mum life Lily is portraying? She is one of the lucky ones - I can't imagine what she would do if she didn't have Rich, a car or family close by.

It doesn't come across as relatable at all like she thinks it does - she comes off entitled and moody. I guess she can't win because when she appears happy and showing off her veneers smiling, it's jarring to see as she has created this moody 'nobody told me' identity.

• Heart

dreamybutterfly

VIP Member
Whaaaaat. I would be hurt if my husband admitted he liked casually flirting with other women and had a "thing" with the optician. Yikes. They are both quite strange. Lily especially doesn't come across great.
They are both immature and lack real life experience. They are like teenagers talking about what they think adulthood is like. I don't think either of them would be able to cope if they found themselves single again or had to get a real job.

Jemma576

All this peloton stuff is really irritating me now. There is a 6 week beginner programme which is DESIGNED for people like lily, it teaches you all of the form etc and how to eventually stand up in the saddle properly. She could do a brilliant review as a self confessed fitness hater and spin newbie by doing the programme and tracking her progress. Instead she jumps onto more difficult classes and then moans they are too hard... I was spinning at least 4 times a week in a studio and I still found some of the non beginner peloton classes hard at the start. She is just going to put herself off and the bike will become an expensive clothes rack!! Rant over.....

• Heart

Helmi

Somebody asked about dating during the pandemic. Lily replied (I'm paraphrasing) that she is so lucky she has a husband as she'd hate to be single right now (I bet that made whoever asked the question feel really great about themselves!) I really get the impression that if you haven't settled down and shacked up with a man by the time you hit 25, Lily truly thinks you've failed at life.
I have to get back to this comment that sparked the discussion about being single. I know this is not a direct quote but I find it very interesting that she says that she's lucky to have Rich only because she would "hate to be single". It does not sound like she would particularly miss Rich as a person or that her life is more fulfilling because of Rich but she would simply hate to be alone. So it's not about her being with Rich, it's about being with someone. And that's the exact impression about their relationship – they're together mainly out of convenience and the fear of being alone, not really because they are madly in love with each other. While I find Anna and Mark a tad too co-dependent, at least they seem to really be fond of each other as people.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

dreamybutterfly

VIP Member
She uploaded it at a really weird time. 7am on a Sunday...most people are still snoozing or they’ve woken up to actually do something like go for a run. Sure fire way to have a slow start to your video engagement
Lily has started doing this to catch views before Anna uploads her video at 9 am U.K. time. Early bird gets the worm and all that but unfortunately Lily can’t even find the worm.

• Haha

Kraken

Lily: *is a dark little storm cloud for the entire video*

Also Lily: “I was in a bad mood earlier but you probably couldn’t tell because us ~creative~ types are so good at masking our true emotions that you cretins could never figure it out!”

• Haha

dreamer1069

I’m not being funny but why the hell would anyone want to watch a beauty vlog by her??? She generally dresses like depression and she’s not a make up artist is she??

• Haha

Foxyrin

VIP Member
Watched the vlog and will summarise below:

- They go for a walk - Rich pushes the buggy
- Buggy is broken and only Rich can dismantle it as Lily 'breaks her fingers' whenever she tries
- Rich goes out to get onions for their dinner
- Rich is shown chopping veg/making dinner
- Rich takes Grey out to play in the garden
- Rich cleans Grey's car which has gotten dirty because the tarp they use to cover it blew off
- Rich takes Grey out for a bike ride - Lily doesn't understand why Grey wants to go outside because it's colder than Antartica in North London
- Lily makes couscous to go with their dinner because Rich doesn't make it right
- Lily is seen lolling on the sofa whilst Rich brings her water bottle
- Lily was in a bad mood at the start of the vlog but says you probably didn't notice because you tubers are good at putting on a 'vlogging voice' (you can totally notice)
- Lily needs to wash her hair - she talks about it throughout the vlog - Saturday night is hair wash night
- Lily is not pregnant but she is on her period
- Cupboard of dreams are already messed up and she should 'probably' sort them out
- Lily bought a garlic pot from Zara but it's not big enough for a large bulb of garlic
- Lily shrunk her H&M home linen table runner
- Lily bought two new ugly plates from either H&M or Zara (I forget)

Think that basically covers the entire snoozefest of a vlog.
Excellent summary. Only thing I would add is;

- Hasn't managed to find time to style the 2 new shelves in the runway. Despite only working 2 days a week and being in lockdown.

• Haha

dee_mc

VIP Member
She looks so much better in darker and stronger colours. This porridge aesthetic does nothing for her.

• Heart

Eskimogem

Chatty Member
I would be very surprised if her parents were moving out of London... Lily is a mini-me of her Dad, she didn’t get her ‘London is the centre of the universe’ attitude from nowhere, I would bet that it came from good old Lionel 🙄