Lily Pebbles #18 Thinking about baby number 2, hey Rich, pull the tampons out of MY loo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lily Pebbles #19 Good mood terminated, work wife berated, husband deflated.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
LOL her Peloton's 'journey'. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: She didn't do anything on the 3 Feb, so from 14 Jan to present, she did 4 class in total. #RIPPeloton

1613164368908.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
We all know Lily's marriage is pretty much dead in the water; she further confirmed this when she said that she dreams about a particular ex of hers all the time and said that Rich sometimes checks out women while he's driving to such an extent that she thinks he's going to crash the car. I had to wonder if Rich would ever go further than 'just looking.'
Woah this is shocking to read! 😲. I'm guessing they are only still together at this point because they both want another child. But imagine what their marriage is going to be like once they are done with having children! 😲.

• Sad
  • Wow
Well, you meet who you meet whenever you meet them. I don’t see an issue in general with meeting your partner early as long as you’re happy, but I do find it really annoying that Lily and Anna sound like they pity people their age if they don’t have a partner. Not everyone wants the tick-box life. I was single for years and years before I met my partner, and I wasn’t looking for anyone, but just fell in love. I find it so important to be happy with oneself before entering a relationship, and Lily and Anna don’t seem to think so. They come across as thinking life is incomplete unless you have a spouse.
really loved this 🙌🏼 I’ve always been single/not been in any serious long relationships and have lived on my own since my third year at uni and am now in my mid 20s. Wouldn’t say I necessarily love being single and alone lol, but also don’t feel like a failure for not having a partner and don’t feel like I need to go find someone right now or else I’ll die alone. And I do find peace in knowing that I’m comfortable on my own and can be alone, live alone, support myself on my own. I definitely think it’s something I’ll really appreciate when/if I find a partner. I also always find it kind of funny when people talk about “wild single life days” bc I definitely wouldn’t call any of my early 20s as a single gal wild and my friends who are in long term serious relationships are often the ones in college and now who instigate going out! just a little personal note but I feel like you can party/go out/be wild and also have a partner or you can be a homebody and stay in more often than not as someone who’s single! Definitely agree that you meet who you meet whenever, and as long as you’re happy and still feel like you’re own person it’s all good

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I was single for most of my early 20s when my friends were all in relationships and expressing concerns about me ending up alone because I was 'too picky'.

I got the chance to focus on myself and my job. I met my now husband in my mid 20s and we lived together for years and travelled loads before getting married and having a baby.

I think I would have felt like I'd missed out if I had been in a long term relationship from a really young age but everyone is different.

I wouldn't buy the first pair of shoes I saw in the shop without having a good look around first!

Reactions: 22
Somebody asked about dating during the pandemic. Lily replied (I'm paraphrasing) that she is so lucky she has a husband as she'd hate to be single right now (I bet that made whoever asked the question feel really great about themselves!) I really get the impression that if you haven't settled down and shacked up with a man by the time you hit 25, Lily truly thinks you've failed at life.
I have to get back to this comment that sparked the discussion about being single. I know this is not a direct quote but I find it very interesting that she says that she's lucky to have Rich only because she would "hate to be single". It does not sound like she would particularly miss Rich as a person or that her life is more fulfilling because of Rich but she would simply hate to be alone. So it's not about her being with Rich, it's about being with someone. And that's the exact impression about their relationship – they're together mainly out of convenience and the fear of being alone, not really because they are madly in love with each other. While I find Anna and Mark a tad too co-dependent, at least they seem to really be fond of each other as people.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Wow, what a waste: they didn't even have the typical "honeymoon period" of using it twice a day for the first little while before fizzling out. They started on fizzle, so they're well on the way to having a very expensive clothes horse.

Reactions: 21
When their sex life is more active than their peloton

Wow, what a waste: they didn't even have the typical "honeymoon period" of using it twice a day for the first little while before fizzling out. They started on fizzle, so they're well on the way to having a very expensive clothes horse.
Ikr, i was thinking to myself the same thing.-!: if you look at R’s activities, not all of them are spin. Really keeping up with the Newton’s

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Oof, this is why I do not share anything on my runkeeper or strava. Awful, I’d definitely set that to private on my Peloton.
- - -
I have been single for a long time now and I do not mind at all. I don’t feel “unlucky” to be single. At the same time, I also understand that you wouldn’t break up with your boyfriend, just because you met them at 19 and things are going well.

Lily and Rich’ relationship doesn’t look like one I would want, so I could say I feel lucky compared to them, but there are definitely people around me who have been in their relationship since they were quite young, just because that’s how it went and they’re having fun. I also know some examples of people who are clearly afraid of being single or giving up on a comfortable life, and Lily sometimes comes across that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Oof, this is why I do not share anything on my runkeeper or strava. Awful, I’d definitely set that to private on my Peloton.
- - -
I have been single for a long time now and I do not mind at all. I don’t feel “unlucky” to be single. At the same time, I also understand that you wouldn’t break up with your boyfriend, just because you met them at 19 and things are going well.

Lily and Rich’ relationship doesn’t look like one I would want, so I could say I feel lucky compared to them, but there are definitely people around me who have been in their relationship since they were quite young, just because that’s how it went and they’re having fun. I also know some examples of people who are clearly afraid of being single or giving up on a comfortable life, and Lily sometimes comes across that way.
Lily could and would never leave Rich. Who would shave her pubes, unblock her toilets, look after her child, hang her prints, cook her dinners, change her medical dressings

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
- - -

How are people supposed to know she has a peloton if she privates it. You would be surprised how many people actually don’t privatized their Peloton account. 😂

Or no one told her she can have a private Peloton account.

Or she has to moan about it first, then her followers will tell her how and where to privatize her account.

Reactions: 19
Did she actually buy the Peloton, or is it a loan or something? Seems like an awful lot of money for something they both are not that keen on?

Reactions: 3
We recently bought an echelon (it’s like peloton but a bit cheaper). The beauty of it is you can literally do it anytime! Where they are both working from home I see no excuse to do it every other day. We’re both key workers in our house, my husband works irregular shifts and we have a 2 year old. I’m not saying I’ve massively got my tit together but it’s easy to fit in a 30min workout either in the morning or evening. It’s such a treat to have one and I know I’m in an incredibly privileged position to be able to afford one. We need to use it everyday to feel like we can justify the cost.

• Heart
All my friends are very different, there is no way to be competitive, we have different jobs, different interests, very different incomes and personal situations.

I think Lily mostly bought it because she was hoping that the peloton would make wanting to exercise easier for her. But it’s the opposite, the peloton is ideal for those who already enjoy exercising, if you dread it, having that thing at home will not make things easier.

Reactions: 14
I’d love a Peloton - I already have an exercise bike at home and I just YouTube spin classes and cycle along to them. I think it’s more a status symbol for Lily.

Reactions: 15
I’d love a Peloton - I already have an exercise bike at home and I just YouTube spin classes and cycle along to them. I think it’s more a status symbol for Lily.
Sorry OT but can you spin on just a regular exercise bike? Recently got one and would love to spin.

Reactions: 3
All my friends are very different, there is no way to be competitive, we have different jobs, different interests, very different incomes and personal situations.

I think Lily mostly bought it because she was hoping that the peloton would make wanting to exercise easier for her. But it’s the opposite, the peloton is ideal for those who already enjoy exercising, if you dread it, having that thing at home will not make things easier.
I don’t love exercising, but I do enjoy the gamification of the Peloton. So maybe she thought that would help motivate her?

Let’s be real, Rich can’t get in workouts because he’s cooking, taking care of Grey, cleaning, doing his fake commute to get out of the house, acting as handyman, etc. etc. 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.