Lily Pebbles #18 Thinking about baby number 2, hey Rich, pull the tampons out of MY loo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a baby THREE DAYS BEFORE Grey was born and my post baby hair loss has completely grown out. My hair is back to normal? But then again I haven’t straightened my hair once since lockdown started in March so..... 🤷🏻‍♀️
I had my bub two days before Grey was born and guess what my hair has completely grown out too 😂 And I had it BAD, you could actually see my scalp that’s how much hair I lost. Lily’s is literally heat damaged and I don’t understand how she can’t see that!

Reactions: 16
I had my bub two days before Grey was born and guess what my hair has completely grown out too 😂 And I had it BAD, you could actually see my scalp that’s how much hair I lost. Lily’s is literally heat damaged and I don’t understand how she can’t see that!
So many of us had babies at the same time! (I was a month later)
Similar to the others, I had quite severe hair loss starting at about 3.5 months but it stopped by about 8 months and now at nearly 20 months my hair is basically back to normal, although even better as I've ditched the straighteners and gone cgm!

She's doing the same as she always does, looking for someone or something external to blame rather than accept that it is her actions causing these issues and make some changes.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I don't understand the point of the curtain in the steampod advert - it looks like it accidentally got trapped in her wardrobe door and she couldn't be bothered to fix it.

The positioning of the camera is all off too. It makes her look like a floating head/shoulders. If I was a brand I'd be really disappointed by the concept and execution of that advert.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Why is she straightening her already straight baby postpartum hair regrowth if she’s always banging on about it never growing.

Also, not sold on the steampod, her hair looks awful like it needs a good mask, condition, and air dry with some of that air dry cream stuff ( I don’t know what it’s called :’( )

Reactions: 15
Why is she straightening her already straight baby postpartum hair regrowth if she’s always banging on about it never growing.

Also, not sold on the steampod, her hair looks awful like it needs a good mask, condition, and air dry with some of that air dry cream stuff ( I don’t know what it’s called :’( )
Shaving? Lol

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
What is she doing with her mouth? Not just the smiling, but the almost smacking, so so weird!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I don’t understand why no one’s told her her hair is heat damaged! All those free fancy salon appointments, and not a single stylist has suggested she should lay off the heat and the blonde highlights? Are they that scared of Lily yelling at them?!

Reactions: 22
Well, I listened to their new podcast episode so you don't have to! I had never listened to it before but am feeling quite down today, and needed a laugh, so I thought "why not?". Here is a breakdown for your reading pleasure:

• They are going on a 4 week hiatus because doing weekly episodes is too much and they’re re-structuring the podcast.
  • When Lily and Rich first moved in together Rich was shocked at how bad Lily was at taking care of herself, and Lily was shocked at how “well-trained” Rich was.
  • Rich and Lily went through a bad phase where she felt like they weren’t on the same team because Lily would exaggerate stories to friends and Rich would call out her bullshit.
  • Both of them suffer from imposter syndrome all the time. Anna says that Lily is good at being authoritative (but not in a way that pisses people off, she’s just confident. Lol.) Lily admires that Anna respects people and is not rude to them.
  • Anna believes that positive attracts positive and that you should always have positive thinking. Lily vehemently agrees.
  • Lily refuses to wear thongs. Is shocked that Anna wears thongs at home.
  • Sex after a baby: No judgment on how long people wait before they have sex again after birth. Lily and Rich waited for a long time because they were too busy with life. When they finally did it again it was very uncomfortable and it hurt her C-Section scar, but she says it’s probably worse for people who have a natural birth. Lily wonders if sex after birth can be worse than losing your virginity. (??)
  • Lily says that Anna is the best at dealing with criticism and that Lily used to be alright but is now the worst. Anna says duck! Don’t think I have ever heard her cuss the whole time I’ve been following her? Anna doesn’t care about criticism if it’s something she doesn’t agree with, but takes it personally if it’s something she’s sensitive about.
  • Still about criticism, Lily says that if something said about her that she knows is true she allows herself to feel bad about it and “poor Rich who has to deal with that” but then she leans into it and what she can do about it because she is “all about the feedback” and loves to turn the negative into a positive.
  • The only experience Lily has with being cheated on is when she was 15 and her then-boyfriend cheated. Anna’s boyfriend cheated on her when she was 18 by having a threesome, and Anna had FOMO and felt left out…
  • Both of them say they love casually flirting with other men (Anna "had a thing going" with her optician).
Whaaaaat. I would be hurt if my husband admitted he liked casually flirting with other women and had a "thing" with the optician. Yikes. They are both quite strange. Lily especially doesn't come across great.

I think Shilly needs to go to the doctor if her c section scar is hurting during sex. I've had a section & a vaginal birth and neither made any difference afterwards re sex. It sounds like she's making out her experience was so special and unusual to have an emergency section and now it's painful during sex. I'm not saying she's not experiencing pain but if she is she should go and get checked.That could actually frighten some women who are pregnant/planning to be one day. Poor Rich. She sounds real fun.
She could have scar tissue that is being bothered.But she should def go to her doctor if she hasn't already.

Whaaaaat. I would be hurt if my husband admitted he liked casually flirting with other women and had a "thing" with the optician. Yikes. They are both quite strange. Lily especially doesn't come across great.
They are both immature and lack real life experience. They are like teenagers talking about what they think adulthood is like. I don't think either of them would be able to cope if they found themselves single again or had to get a real job.

Reactions: 32
They are both immature and lack real life experience. They are like teenagers talking about what they think adulthood is like. I don't think either of them would be able to cope if they found themselves single again or had to get a real job.
The first question was around moving in with your partner at 22 and they both responded 'if you're happy then do it - we both moved with our partners at a young age' but actually didn't address the point of the question. A proper answer would've acknowledge that by moving in with someone at a young age you might be missing out on other things like going travelling or living with mates and whilst it's nice to live with your partner it shouldn't be at the expense of other life experiences you might want to have. They both seem to totally miss the point of what the listener was asking and were focussed on 'you have a man - consider yourself lucky you found him so young'.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
The first question was around moving in with your partner at 22 and they both responded 'if you're happy then do it - we both moved with our partners at a young age' but actually didn't address the point of the question. A proper answer would've acknowledge that by moving in with someone at a young age you might be missing out on other things like going travelling or living with mates and whilst it's nice to live with your partner it shouldn't be at the expense of other life experiences you might want to have. They both seem to totally miss the point of what the listener was asking and were focussed on 'you have a man - consider yourself lucky you found him so young'.
I feel like the whole podcast was like this. Agony aunts my arse. They answered none of the questions really. Probably because from their very limited perspectives and vanilla checklist life experiences they just lack the ability to put themselves in someone else’s shoes and don’t have any real insights into what life is like if you’re not them.

Reactions: 23
A few other takeaways from the podcast.

I know this has been mentioned already, but they really do come across as a pair of giggly teenagers when answering these questions. Neither of them have the life experience to answer many of the questions. Case in point, the question on cheating - neither Lily or Anna has experienced real heartbreak or the ending of a serious relationship. Lily referenced a relationship from when she was 15; Anna was 18. They are both so very sheltered. *giggle* *giggle*

Somebody asked about dating during the pandemic. Lily replied (I'm paraphrasing) that she is so lucky she has a husband as she'd hate to be single right now (I bet that made whoever asked the question feel really great about themselves!) I really get the impression that if you haven't settled down and shacked up with a man by the time you hit 25, Lily truly thinks you've failed at life.

We all know Lily's marriage is pretty much dead in the water; she further confirmed this when she said that she dreams about a particular ex of hers all the time and said that Rich sometimes checks out women while he's driving to such an extent that she thinks he's going to crash the car. I had to wonder if Rich would ever go further than 'just looking.'

Lily seemed to think it was funny that she 'couldn't look after herself' when she first moved in with Rich. Wasn't she in her 20's when they moved in together? She should be embarrassed!

On the C-section issue: I thought Lily meant that it hurt the first time she had sex after having Grey? I don't think she meant that the issue is ongoing. Or maybe it is - I'm not about to go listen again to check!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
That reel looks like it’s made up of clothes more suitable for Grey and Lily’s wearing the adult sized versions
She has 0 style!!!!
And her hair looks like tit

Reactions: 7
It surprises me that someone would ask Lily and Anna for advice on this particular matter as they both lack intelligence and life experience to consider any of the points you mentioned. Anyone who follows these two would know they have nothing of substance to contribute to such conversations.

It does seem to me, their audience hasn’t matured at all if all of these questions come from people ten years younger than them. They should seriously think about that. There will come a point in not so distant future when it’ll become embarrassing for two women in mid 30s - 40s to give out advice to teenagers.

Last edited:
I just watched the reel and I have to say her legs look very nice in those black jeans and she looks good in that red and black patterned dress BUT what is with those bleeping awful Velcro trainers she insists on wearing all the time. When have Velcro trainers ever looked good on anyone over the age of 6?
also, she’s already done the whole “stepping into the wardrobe and coming out in a different outfit “ idea. she’s such a typical creative she can’t even come up with new/ original ideas.
I needn’t mention the hair ...

• Haha
Reactions: 30
It surprises me that someone would ask Lily and Anna for advice on this particular matter as they both lack intelligence and life experience to consider any of the points you mentioned. Anyone who follows these two would know they have nothing of substance to contribute to such conversations.

It does seem to me, their audience hasn’t matured at all if all of these questions come from people ten years younger than them. They should seriously think about that. There will come a point in not so distant future when it’ll become embarrassing for two women in mid 30s - 40s to give out advice to teenagers.
Especially since there are so many more resources online! Well-researched, from authors with different viewpoints and backgrounds, properly edited for voice and syntax, etc. Hell, even Teen Vogue is publishing articles on topics more risqué and revolutionary than these two. At 34, I would never think to ask an influencer about moving in with a partner. So either the people asking these questions are still in their late teens or early 20s or they just have no real life friends 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 14
We all know Lily's marriage is pretty much dead in the water; she further confirmed this when she said that she dreams about a particular ex of hers all the time and said that Rich sometimes checks out women while he's driving to such an extent that she thinks he's going to crash the car. I had to wonder if Rich would ever go further than 'just looking.'
I don't think it's a particular issue to find other people attractive when you are in a relationship as long as that doesn't develop into a real thing. However, unlike Anna that seems to be completely in love with Mark (maybe a bit too much lol), I don't think Lily feels the same about Rich anymore. She never says good things about him (other the support he offers in day to day tasks, taking care of Grey, etc.) and she must assume that sex is not exciting anymore because they are parents. Maybe no one told her that it's still possible to have a fulfilling sexual life after becoming a parent... As many have said, she lives life as a checklist and would NEVER be able to deal with a divorce but it must quite sad to be stuck in a loveless marriage at such a young age.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.