Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

dee_mc

VIP Member
The anxiety watching Grey on that chair 😬
Yes, I meant to ask: what's the deal with the wooden deathtrap cage? It looks so dangerous 😦 I don't know how they thought it was a good idea?
Maybe I'm overreacting, I definitely couldn't have it in the house anyway as I feel it could cause catastrophic injuries if the child fell from it (much worse than a direct fall off a chair or step)

Reactions: 4

Loopiloo

My first influencer bought product was the Glossier perfume. Still wear it! I love the smell.
That’s the only product I’ve been tempted to buy, maybe along with the brow gel. Never been tempted by fresh...to be honest I thought it was a basic brand and I was stunned by the prices!

CheshireLove

VIP Member
Also glossier facial wash.don’t get the hype and it is often cited as their favourite. I do like Kate Somerville’s goat milk cleanser but I was not influenced by them lol.
I do love the milky jelly cleanser but it doesn’t do much. I like that it doesn’t strip my skin though, it’s quite moisturising.

imtakingabath

VIP Member
I could do with some new makeup brushes, as my ancient RT ones have gone manky on the black rubbery ends. Would love recommendations - was considering Zoeva.

cocoblush

Her parents are definitely on the move, she made reference in one of the recent podcasts to having to do ‘life admin’ of setting up a PO Box, so I guess they aren’t keen for her to keep using them to take in her #kindlygifted PR products when they move (or she’s worried all the freebies will get lost in the post once they do!)
I thought her PR products went to Gleam and then Gleam forwarded them on to her? If she is setting up a PO Box maybe she is leaving Gleam after all? 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Wow

martaS

VIP Member
I need a new face wash / hydrating serum, any recommendations? 😂 We could be more influential than Lily on skincare purchases!
I got the Inkey List oat cleanser for a friend for Xmas and she's very pleased. Another friend likes The Ordinary squalane one. I have recently been getting into Q+A skincare, and even though I haven't tried this one yet, the hyaluronic acid wash looks nice and moisturising.
(I use a balm myself but all these look very good)

Readinginks

VIP Member
You don't want someone to just follow you so you follow them back, that is not going to bring in the engagement. Better to have fewer followers who are loyal. I manage a brand's social media and I'm currently in the process of deleting inactive followers, so the engagement rate goes up. The total amount of followers doesn't matter as much as your engagement rate.
Absolutely agree on that one! I am also so attached to those posts since I show my own work and creative process which is such a personal thing. So I want people who follow to do so out of genuine interest and as a bonus they are the ones more likely to interact.

• Heart

jaymie

VIP Member
She probably has met Gabrielle in person. Gabrielle was one of her sister Carly's clients. She works in music management (or at least she did at one point).

Meanwhile, did anyone get around to listening to the 'wild' teenage years podcast to see what wild and crazy things were said?
Ah fair enough, thanks for explaining. :)

wagner1985

I need a new face wash / hydrating serum, any recommendations? 😂 We could be more influential than Lily on skincare purchases!
Depends what you want it to do but I love Pai's rosehip cleansing oil and The Ordinary Squalane cleanser. Someone else mentioned the French skincare brands like La Roche Posay, I definitely rate them too. I also tend to trust the skincare opinions of Emma Hoareau and Donna Bartoli on Instagram.

• Heart

Readread

VIP Member
Is it just me, or does that Fresh soy cleanser absolutely REEK too? The smell is so off putting - nevermind the fact the cleanser is total pants too.

Lancome Miel en Mousse is my fave cleanser at the moment, it's very fragranced though so probably not suited to sensitive skin. Otherwise, I really love Oskia cleansing gel, it's amazing.

Hydrating serum - I'm really liking The Inkey List polyglutamic acid - it's similar to hyaluronic acid but it holds 4x more moisture. I'm sure you can probably use them both together, The Inkey List hyaluronic acid is really good too.

Eat My Shorts

VIP Member
Washing your hair weekly is not that unusual for curlies. I’m assuming she does shower in between washes. I do.
If I can get away without washing my thick course hair I will. My body is a different matter entirely! 🤣🤣

jeezlouise

Guys if you're bored of the Anna/Lily bore/moan fest Ultimategirlgang's Insta stories has given me life today and 'spoiler alert' contains the cocktail we all need.

poopettemetis

VIP Member
Off topic but I came across this TikTok, which subtlety reminded me of Lilys downstairs layout, especially some elements (like the blue walls, middle area leading towards the kitchen), but I thought this living room looked beautiful and warm and comforting! Not 100% to my personal taste but still lovely - just shows the difference having a few personal items on display (crazy, i know), allowing the house to have a personality that isn't completely trend driven, and not destroying original features can make!

What do you guys think?

(I hope I'm okay to have shared this link, please let me know if not and I'll remove it immediately!)
Oh wow. I love this.

Reactions: 3

martaS

VIP Member
Makeup Revoluntion used to be so good. They had Urban Decay Naked palette dupe, I stopped buying the real one and just purchased Makeup Revolution one instead. Same quality. Or it used to be...
This was one of their first ones so I imagined it has improved since then. I think the palette was only about £15 or something, which was not a lot of money (I owned a couple of UD naked palettes at that point). It was more of an eye opener to the fact that not everything recommended by YTers is great

dutchover

Ok, retinol. Love it. The only other expensive thing I’ve purchased besides the Pat McGrath.