Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Loopiloo

I feel the same way, need new recommendations of actual creative and talented influencers to watch while I’m making dinner/tidying up etc
The Welsh Twins. They have their own channels (Robert Welsh, James Welsh) plus a joint channel. Their joint channel is SO funny, they put so much thought into it. Their separate channels are really informative for skincare and make up if you’re into that. Hands down my favourite content creators.

Reactions: 6

Kitkatkut

Chatty Member
Wow, just scanned through the podcast reviews...it's a good read if anyone wants to ....thank God some people have honest reviews there. Everyone is pissed about the Motherhood episode. Lily really messed up that one I think.
Unfortunately it looks like you can only read the reviews from your own country on Apple podcasts, so those of us not in the UK can’t see the British ones (and I’m assuming they’re the good ones). Maybe somebody could post some screenshots? That would be greatly appreciated! 😊

Reactions: 6

martaS

VIP Member
No, she uses her parents address to have freebies sent to. Gleam receives items for them too, which they all refer to as 'their PO box', usually a big white bag with packages in. Sometimes Lily would actually go to the Gleam office to open her stuff there, probably to be able to leave all the crap she did not want.
(...)
But there is NO crap she doesn't want 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5

NMCReally

Off topic but I came across this TikTok, which subtlety reminded me of Lilys downstairs layout, especially some elements (like the blue walls, middle area leading towards the kitchen), but I thought this living room looked beautiful and warm and comforting! Not 100% to my personal taste but still lovely - just shows the difference having a few personal items on display (crazy, i know), allowing the house to have a personality that isn't completely trend driven, and not destroying original features can make!

What do you guys think?

(I hope I'm okay to have shared this link, please let me know if not and I'll remove it immediately!)
I love Becky & Ro! They did a lot of the Reno themselves and are still working on the panelling etc. I’m in awe they did all the tiling in their bathroom!
Their Instagram is great. Becky runs it and they get gifted stuff but you can tell they’re genuinely grateful and just like nice people? Her stories are always informative and up beat even when somethings not gone to plan.

openbook1

VIP Member
I love to hate watch Lily but today's vlog actually made me feel sorry for her... she really seems to be miserable and if she was my friend, I would suggest seeing a therapist. There is a bit in the vlog where Grey runs in the park and I thought she was so cute, I really thought Lily would say something about her... instead all she did was say that Grey's clothes were from Next. I mean, really? Also when Grey wanted to go out with her bike, Lily kept saying "it's so cold outside"... I don't know, I'm not a Londoner nor a mum but to me she really sound like her daughter annoys her and she doesn't want to spend time with her.

I probably said things that have all been said before, but in this vlog it was even more evident than usual in my opinion.

As for Rich, I have no sympathy for him :D
She seems really detatched from Grey from what we see. Is it possible for her to have PPD at this point?

jaymie

VIP Member
Completely agree, I started following Lily when I moved to London in my early 20s and genuinely was influenced by her the restaurants she went to etc. After a while of living in London I soon realised that she is very basic in her London activities. She doesn’t know any of the amazing and unique gems you can find in London just goes to London chains or over-hyped restaurants. She never seems to go to exhibitions, independent shops, parks or explore anywhere outside of her North London bubble/central London. For a self proclaimed ‘Londoner’ her knowledge of the city is shocking!
Off topic- if you are still in London, watch Topjaw videos on Youtube. I went to a few places recommended by them, there were so good.

openbook1

VIP Member
I think it’s not necessarily a baby, silly voice people mean, more the extra enthusiasm you speak with, like ‘clever girl’ when she’d do something right.

I talk to my dog in a silly voice everyday, But don’t have anything to do with any small children.
Yeah, I hate silly voices people put on when they talk to children. Then again I am a complete Grinch when it comes to most kids, there's few I think are cute 😂😬

• Haha
I have never seen an adult defining themselves so much by their childhood or their relationship to siblings as much as Lily does. I’m happy for her that she doesn’t look back and think how full of trauma her childhood was, but being so hung up on it is almost unhealthy to her personal growth.

Also I think this is why she is even more miserable these days. Her childhood home where she lived well into adulthood was sold, while she doesn’t even seem to feel truly at home and at peace in their own house.

Hey all, if you don’t mind I have a question about your social media habits, specifically how you decide to unfollow someone on IG. I don’t necessarily mean accounts like Lily’s that you may hate follow, instead I’m curious if you follow any makers/creators/small businesses and why you’d unfollow them. I have an IG account for my printmaking and art and I’m always so baffled when people follow me and then unfollow in like three days, I mean what did they expect to see, especially when my account is public. Is it just that they are collecting followers and want me to
follow back? Thanks for any input!
---Not Pebbles related---
My Instagram follows are art-museums-travel-wildlife-physics related by %80. What I do is I go through phases, start following similar accounts for a few weeks. Then I get sick of seeing the same thing over and over again. Go back to my following list, unfollow some and leave the ones I enjoy the most. If I were a creative trying to be more visible, I would do an analysis of my most seen/liked images (time the most likes come, where in the world, age, gender etc.). Then I would find a way to make those more visible in more lucrative hours by sponsored posts, asking friends to put you in their stories, put up a few side accounts to do the same. And I would put more loved images in the feed, less loved in a highlights folder (like 4th or 5th folder). But still promote them by 20-30% compared to other ones. I did a lot of research and I am self taught but these things kind of worked for my father's small shop. In our case it was food related so it was relatively easy to do but still it might point you in the right direction for research .

• Heart

Sarahsnightmare

I assume she had some post partum hair loss but I was shocked by how thin her hair looks. You can see all the fried breakage and her hair looks so dry and stiff.

poopettemetis

VIP Member
Depends what you want it to do but I love Pai's rosehip cleansing oil and The Ordinary Squalane cleanser. Someone else mentioned the French skincare brands like La Roche Posay, I definitely rate them too. I also tend to trust the skincare opinions of Emma Hoareau and Donna Bartoli on Instagram.
I second Pai! I use their Middlemist cleanser (which is the new name) in the AM. I love it. I really want to try the Pai SPF Lily was shilling, but it’s not available in North America. Using the Jordan Samuel Aftershow Sensitive Cleanser now and I like it. Reminds me a lot of the Oskia Renaissance cleanser. Huge fan of the Indie Lee Soothing cleanser in the shower.

My shit influencer purchase was Hydra-fucking-luron. I’m convinced it brought on my mid-20s cystic acne phase. I’m using Ialuset now (French brand) and it’s SO much better.

jaymie

VIP Member
Totally - especially if they are trying to conceive. It could be very bad for her, but hey, no one told her...

Did Lily have a private OB/GYN with Grey?
Do you mean if she went to a private hospital to give birth? No if that is what you are asking. Haha