Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jaymie

VIP Member
@Readinginks i agreed with what @Nova said, i do the same thing. I usually follow something with the intention of going back but sometimes it is frustrating that I couldn’t find that account anymore. Perhaps something to do with the name of the company? I usually unfollow if I don’t think I will buy from the company or simply change my mind, nothing personal though...

Definitely don’t post too much, and re-share post that your buyers post/bought. If I want to buy an art work for example, I will go see who tagged the sellers and see how others styled the art work.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3

jaymie

VIP Member
Yup. I used to really like Cate St Hill, but lately absolutely everything is gifted. She moaned about the white painted floors in her house for ages, and surprise surprise a company gives her some new flooring for free. She moaned about how uncomfortable her sofa was, and a fancy new sofa arrives. They never got round to having their wood burner fitted, and guess what? Someone does it for free! I would be much more willing to buy products she recommends/showcases if I knew she'd actually spent her own money on it rather than waiting for someone to offer it up to her.
The bed and the paint in the nursey, the lamp shade that she moaned....Moaning is influencers' currency

Loopiloo

Her hair is really really really really bad. Why does she feel a need to straighten it every day?

She would see much less damage if she didn't leave her hair to air dry, used a blowdryer on a low heat to dry it straight. Instead she has to fully straighten her entire head from curly. She's so stupid.
Agreed. This is what I do. To be fair my hair is fine and loosely wavy in its natural state. However, it became incredibly frizzy and unmanageable after over a decade of straightening it twice a week to make it poker straight all the time 😓 I ditched the heat and got regular trims. Haven’t touched my straighteners in over 2 years, I just blow dry it on low and thankfully it’s restored my hair!

Eileen_2019

VIP Member
Did she actually buy the Peloton, or is it a loan or something? Seems like an awful lot of money for something they both are not that keen on?

I’d love a Peloton - I already have an exercise bike at home and I just YouTube spin classes and cycle along to them. I think it’s more a status symbol for Lily.
Sorry OT but can you spin on just a regular exercise bike? Recently got one and would love to spin.

MoniC

Chatty Member
This is a bit OT for Lily's thread - but I need to vent! Like a lot of us here, I've been really tiring of these influencers, their constant begging, and their entirely gifted lifestyles. I decided to look for some smaller accounts to follow, and recently found a home renovation Instagram account that I've been enjoying. I don't even know the face behind the account, as it's purely an interiors account, but I have picked up that the person works full-time and appears to have a fairly large disposable income. She has been renovating the house on her own dime and can definitely afford nice things. The account has been refreshingly free of ads and freebies.

Lately I've been noticing that she's been gifted a few things (lighting, paint, flowers - nothing major). However, this morning, she has been on Instagram blatantly begging (tagging the brand) for a rug that costs £1,500. I had to post this here as I was tempted to message her about it. The only reason to tag the brand is to get their attention and try and bag a freebie, right? I don't know if she has the following to bag an expensive freebie, but I guess I'll wait and see if the rug shows up as #gifted in a few weeks time.

Just needed to get that off my chest!

It seems that nobody can resist the lure of the freebie!
Where ist the story? Did she take it down? 😳

Readinginks

VIP Member
---Not Pebbles related---
My Instagram follows are art-museums-travel-wildlife-physics related by %80. What I do is I go through phases, start following similar accounts for a few weeks. Then I get sick of seeing the same thing over and over again. Go back to my following list, unfollow some and leave the ones I enjoy the most. If I were a creative trying to be more visible, I would do an analysis of my most seen/liked images (time the most likes come, where in the world, age, gender etc.). Then I would find a way to make those more visible in more lucrative hours by sponsored posts, asking friends to put you in their stories, put up a few side accounts to do the same. And I would put more loved images in the feed, less loved in a highlights folder (like 4th or 5th folder). But still promote them by 20-30% compared to other ones. I did a lot of research and I am self taught but these things kind of worked for my father's small shop. In our case it was food related so it was relatively easy to do but still it might point you in the right direction for research .
Thank you so much! This is really kind of you. I’m doing some of the things you mentioned but I am not by any means at the point of going for sponsored posts and I’m nit sure I ever will. I am otherwise very inactive on my other social media platforms hence don’t have many followers there and my friends likewise don’t really tag/share posts. So in a way I feel that growing my following organically is a better fit for me and feels more authentic. (I know, I know, famous words of every starving artist 😆) I am just genuinely interested how people consume information on social media and what drives them to certain decisions.

I'm generally really reflective about who I follow and ask myself whether following this person has any value for me personally. I only rarely unfollow people suddenly, usually it's a process but there always comes a point where I have to think about whether the certain person or brand adds anything to my timeline. I generally don't follow any brands because in the end it feels like I'm adding even more ads to my IG.
Thanks so much. :)

jaymie

VIP Member
Depends what you want it to do but I love Pai's rosehip cleansing oil and The Ordinary Squalane cleanser. Someone else mentioned the French skincare brands like La Roche Posay, I definitely rate them too. I also tend to trust the skincare opinions of Emma Hoareau and Donna Bartoli on Instagram.
Have you tried La Roche Posay Retinol? I have seen some beauty bloggers recommended it but not too sure if I should give it a go. I tried Sunday Riley Luna oil, I don't rate it

Reactions: 2

Wobblehead

VIP Member
Fresh is a brand is basic and overrated
I quite like their lipsticks as they are sheer with colour if you see what I mean but I also swear by their deodorant which although is expensive is the only one that works for me. It also last ages.

Burrito88

VIP Member
I can't remember the timing of tampon-gate but I wonder if it was about a month ago and so she's down today as she got her period (and therefore isn't pregnant)?
I think you’re right, it was 27th Dec so she’s probably on her period and being a miserable bitch

Secretsquirrel3

I bought the Kevin Aucoin contour, Becca highlighter and Zoeva brushes. The brushes and highlighter were ok but the contour really didn’t suit

martaS

VIP Member
Do you guys mean LRP Redermic retinol cream? I've used 2 tubes now and it wasn't amazing. Half way through the second one I saw Nadine Baggott's retinols video and learnt that the retinol in this cream is actually a very mild form of retinol (Retinyl palmitate) which is good because is not very irritating but I haven't noticed much changed in my skin. It was a little clearer and smoother but no anti-aging effect. I am 35 in a couple of months and have been noticing lines on my forehead but haven't got other skin concerns or lines anywhere else so it's more getting rid of lines on forehead (if that's at all possible) and preventing of getting more lines. I think what I should have done after using the first tube, would be to get something stronger. I will have to look into Inkey and Ordinary, I am very fussy with ingredients though and would prefer to avoid formulas with silicones and with Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride because my skin doesn't seem to like it.
Anyway, Nadine has some really good recommendations so maybe check her channel too?

Liptastic

VIP Member
I can understand she doesn’t want her home address floating around everywhere.
It takes a 5min google to find her address. I found it very easily. And yes, a lot of stuff went to her parents' home, ever since she moved out she kept on saying she's going to her mum's (not dad's) to pick up parcels. She also said the only stuff that would come to her house was from other Gleam influencers.

wagner1985

Have you tried La Roche Posay Retinol? I have seen some beauty bloggers recommended it but not too sure if I should give it a go. I tried Sunday Riley Luna oil, I don't rate it
I haven't but also curious! I've tried quite a few retinols and they don't seem to do very much for me, i want like full on facial peeling but nothing happens... so atm just using a cheap one from the Ordinary