Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

under the ivy

VIP Member
She will probably dislike the fitted wardrobes now Anna ripped some out in her house. I do like the colour of the bedroom so I’ll give her* that.

*whoever she copied it from 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7

martaS

VIP Member
Hey all, if you don’t mind I have a question about your social media habits, specifically how you decide to unfollow someone on IG. I don’t necessarily mean accounts like Lily’s that you may hate follow, instead I’m curious if you follow any makers/creators/small businesses and why you’d unfollow them. I have an IG account for my printmaking and art and I’m always so baffled when people follow me and then unfollow in like three days, I mean what did they expect to see, especially when my account is public. Is it just that they are collecting followers and want me to
follow back? Thanks for any input!
Off Topic
Some people definitely follow and unfollow if you don't "return the favour" straight away. I always think "good riddance" haha as I want to be followed by people who like my pictures and who contribute in comments and so on.
I unfollow people if they post too much. Like I don't know, 5 pictures of the same thing in one day. I don't like when people just post a picture without caption, hashtags, anything. Like, I wanna know why you're posting something. Why did you decide it was interesting enough to share with the world.
I also like when pics are good quality and curated. Like, it's not that hard to make a nice background (you can use a cute blanket, scarf, plain wall, wooden floor), I like neat and tidy pictures (I don't want to see people's drying in the background). You don't have to have an amazing camera, most mobile phones or small compact cameras take decent pics but make sure the lighting is good and you're using right settings.
I unfollow if people post the same stuff to Stories and their grid. (Personally, I sometimes do that but I often post pictures from photo walks from where I live. So I will post lots of pictures to Stories as not everything is always good enough to become a permanent feature on the grid. I will probably post 10-20 to Stories and then after the Stories disappear, probably about 2-3 very best pictures on the grid).
I might mute someone's Stories (so not unfollow but maybe take a break from them) if they use Stories to let me know every SINGLE FREAKING time they just posted a new picture (my biggest IG pet peeve!). Bitch, I have already seen you pic in my feed (and I probably liked it if it was any good), I don't need you to go on Stories and remind me. If the algorithm is playing up and I think, oh I haven't see X or Y person post in a while, I will go on your profile and check out your newest posts. I will check if I haven't accidently muted you. And if I haven't liked it when I first saw, well then probably wasn't a very good picture and you just won't get the likes.
(Sorry, I truly sound like a IG nazi).
Lastly, kinda related, I have been hating it lately when people are being kinda passive aggressive in trying to make me follow them back. One guy sent me a DM saying something like, Oh, I have noticed that you have got quite a few followers but you don't follow many people - please follow back blah blah blah. Another one DM-ed saying, "Have you seen my latest Stories?". I also HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT if someone follows me, I don't follow back so they unfollow after day or two and follow again just in case I didn't see the first time round (I did. I just didn't care for them).
I am very selective, I like following local people so there's sense of community and personal interaction (DMs, meaningful comments). I don't follow big companies, celebs, influencers because I like the interactions to be personal and meaningful.

EDIT: If you promoting your product, go for either of the two:
- very minimal presentation - just the item, but clearly visible on a clean, neutral background (colour/pattern background could be cool too but be consistent)
- using suitable props. I have a friend with bookish account and she uses lots of props that go with colour/theme of the book cover. Could be a cute mug and a box tea, could be a cute house plant; could be matching jewellery/accessories.
Consistency is key. Decide on your branding and stick with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6

Fofoca

Chatty Member
I thought the same. Or she got fed up with her 'post partum' hair and cut it herself to make even length? It looks too short.
Beggles and a sharp pair of scissors?! She’d probably willingly cut off an ear for a hashtag spon.

• Haha

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
I thought her PR products went to Gleam and then Gleam forwarded them on to her? If she is setting up a PO Box maybe she is leaving Gleam after all? 🤷‍♀️
You might be right, but definitely for a long time after she moved out the address PRs had was from when she lived at her parents’ house and she’d always open stuff when she went back to visit. Possibly it does point more to a Gleam separation though!

jaymie

VIP Member
Haha how funny everything that they hate interior wise is what Hinch and her fans like. lol

She also so opinionated about panelling lol 😆

LA2019

Lily would neeeeever join a local gym and sweat with the plebs. Things don't exist to her unless they've got a ridiculous premium slapped on them.

I find it so, so, so funny that she thinks this bullshit is 'creative'. You just know it took her ALL day.

Her legs are probably weak because she got Rich to wait on her hand and foot for nine months (and since – she probably claims she's just too weak after childbirth to do anything). I can just imagine her getting him to do eeeeverything for her and telling him "I'M GROWING YOUR BABY, RICH."
SO TRUE ON ALL POINTS!

Libertine1975

VIP Member
I actually like the IT CC cream but agree with you about the Soy; I find it quite drying
Fresh Soy Cleanser is horrible. I never bought it but got a couple of samples as I was interested. Nope, it feels like a horrible, sticky old fashioned foaming facial soap to me 🤮

lavienrose

Back when GG wasn't such a laggy, glitchy mess, I used to be most active on Lily's thread. She was and still remains, to me, the most infuriating person on the internet. Ignorant, bratty, ungrateful, unintelligent, privileged, unaware, stingy, grumpy, dull, tone-deaf, arrogant. I could really go on. Honestly I don't see any redeeming qualities to her. There's plenty of influencers I despise but if I really think about it I usually can find at least one or two aspects of their personality that, maybe, perhaps, could be appealing to the uninformed viewer. But not for her. Anyway, a year or two ago I quit GG to move on to Tattle, and simultaneously decided to unfollow Lily on everything. I unsubscribed from her channel and unfollowed her on instagram. I hadn't been watching her videos for a while (I refuse to give her views, even with Adblock on), but she still had such a negative impact on my life--just seeing her stories day-to-day would legitimately make my blood boil, for she somehow managed to say or do offensive things almost on a daily basis (an impressive achievement, when you think about it). After I unfollowed her, I felt so much better, it was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders lmao. I don't mean to sound dramatic, but when someone literally pisses you off everyday, even virtually, it honestly can put a genuine strain on you. Anyway, now I just check out this thread every now and again to see what's up, and I can see that nothing's changed. The only thing that satisfies me is seeing her statistics. As much as I wished for it, I genuinely didn't think she would ever get such low views (at least not anytime soon), but her viewcount has truly PLUMMETED over the past couple of years and boy am I happy to see it. Don't get me wrong, it's still far more than she deserves. But as I've mentioned previously on this thread, I vividly remember when Gleam displayed statistics on their "talent" profiles, and Lily's said her average views were 117K per video. To see that she now gets LESS than half of that on average (I've just calculated the average for her last 10 videos: she got an average of 57K views per video) is truly something. In 2-3 years she's halved the amount of views she gets. I can only hope more and more people continue to drop her. Unsubscribe, unfollow, don't click on her videos. Of course you can still have a look every now again for the goss and nosiness (as I do), but I'd rather check on her when I decide that I feel like it rather than have her interfere with my day incessantly whenever she decides to post a story--now the ball is in my court. Trust me y'all, you'll be happier without this moanster in your life.
Hi Palmer, i remember you from GG. your insight on lily was always spot on. I am still following lily but do not check her stories and her photos rarely show up on my timeline (yay for the algorithm!) and that is why i have been less active bc i simply do not keep up much with lily and it's true i feel much better without her negativity and greed in the background of my life. i do enjoy reading through this thread sometimes still for everyone's funny commentary on her.

• Heart

Liptastic

VIP Member
I cannot cope with how bad her hair looks. I can almost deal with it when it's straightened, but when she curls it, those sad backwards twists that look like they're literally about to snap off just make me want to cry.

She should have a look at Jamie Paige. They have quite similar hair textures and natural colour (I think), and Jamie's switched from constant straightening and her hair is STUNNING. Lily would look so good if she went this route.

https://instagram.com/jamiepaigebeauty?igshid=19rl8mb5hqb4d
Lily's hair is much curlier than that.

Not going to lie, it makes me secretly gloat to know that despite all the money she has, despite all the free time she has to take care of her hair, despite all the free hair products she gets, and despite all the free hair treatments she receives, she STILL has the shittiest hair in the game
She's too lazy! She doesn't look after herself. No self-care or self-love routine. Makes me wonder if she actually loves herself beyond her ego?

Here are some of the things I do: sleep with my hair in a silk bonnet + on a silk pillowcase
Silk bonnet, headscarf and pillowcase recommendations please! I want to start using them as I have antenna hair like Lily's even though I don't straightened or use heat on my hair at all 🙈

Last edited:

Nova

VIP Member
Washing your hair weekly is not that unusual for curlies. I’m assuming she does shower in between washes. I do.

S12345

Please DO NOT CREATE A MONSTER
(Or make the current monster bigger than it needs be)
Isn’t she already one?! 😂 I don’t follow her on IG, no longer hate watch her videos and haven’t listened to the podcast in weeks so it was just intended for entertainment (via Tattle).