Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Liptastic

VIP Member
I have a feeling she's been buying followers since the summer, when her followers went down by a lot and magically went up, but we only now noticed, so she can't be blatantly buying them anymore.

1612814991763.png

• Wow
Reactions: 6

queenamber

VIP Member
I'm not in the UK but I can see all the reviews. Really hope Lils has taken a look at them.

Tbh I have never listened to this podcast and never will. But I genuinely can't believe these two women are making thousands of pounds just from recording a glorified weekly catch-up phone call between two friends. There is NO work or effort going into this at all. They just sit in their living room and chit chat about random things, which they probably would do anyway even if they couldn't make money out of it. They literally have nothing to bring to the table and they continuously rehash the same topics they've gone through millions of times already, both on their individual platforms and together. Uni days, throwback 90s, 'bring your husband to work' day, how many times can they make money saying the same things over and over again?

These two women have literally been in the same ass relationships pretty much their whole lives--they have no authority giving relationship/dating tips. They've been out of school for nearly 10 years and didn't even do anything with their degrees--they have no authority talking about anything education related. Neither of them know anything about makeup (they've been wearing the same exact look for a decade)--they have no authority talking about beauty. Finally, they make hundreds of thousands of pounds every year from this bullshit online career of theirs and virtually everything they own has been gifted to them--they don't actually know shit about saving/getting on the property ladder/renovating that any of us mortals could learn from; everything is just handed out to them so it's not like they have to think anything through. If this career hadn't fallen into their laps through sheer luck, they wouldn't have half of things they have now because they aren't actually smart enough to make thought-out, informed decisions (case in point: Lily is already regretting her renos).

We need to stop giving these white, privileged, rich, mediocre people a platform and a voice. The only reason they can get away with such basic, mediocre content is because of their privilege. There is no merit there at all.
So well said 👏👏👏

Mrs McCarthy

Chatty Member
I could do with some new makeup brushes, as my ancient RT ones have gone manky on the black rubbery ends. Would love recommendations - was considering Zoeva.
I love Zoeva brushes, after 10 (!) years the brushes themselves are still perfectly usable, just the paint started to peel of some of the handles. I have some newer once as well that I bought two years ago, and I can’t tell them apart.

lizzybeth

I came to comment on her hair. It's so damaged she should really just embrace her natural colour/ texture and give it a break.

jaymie

VIP Member
Didn’t a hair dressers accidentally give someone her coat on their departure and she went absolutely ape shit on Twitter about it?
Yes. I remember something like that, those were the days!! I bet she has a secret notepad on her iPhone to record all her little moans

• Haha

VNaylor

Chatty Member
She does need to get her scar checked out if it’s still hurting. I’ve had two sections in less than 2 years (not advised but had to be done) and mine don’t hurt. I’m still experiencing numbness on my lower stomach (I’m not sure if the feeling will ever truly come back), and sometimes I get the odd shooting pain around my tummy as I presume this is the nerve endings starting to connect and work again? But the scar itself should never be sore after the first few months. There could be something seriously amiss there.

It’s so, so important she gets it looked at.
Totally - especially if they are trying to conceive. It could be very bad for her, but hey, no one told her...

Did Lily have a private OB/GYN with Grey?

jaymie

VIP Member
Did Megan say anything about wearing pre-pregnancy clothes? Or Lily is making it all about herself again?

Wobblehead

VIP Member
I hate the IT Cosmetics CC cream. I could never find a decent color match even after their 1st shade extension and I'm a fair/light white person. Also it always feels incredibly heavy.

I do like Future Dew as someone with dull dry skin but I think most influencers use it wrong.

My influencer bought thing I hated is the Fresh Soy face wash. Everyone has shilled it as some point. It was so drying on my skin and was horrible at removing makeup and I don't wear that much.
I actually like the IT CC cream but agree with you about the Soy; I find it quite drying

Readread

VIP Member
Off topic but what's happened to Freebies come to me?? Not seen her on this thread in a while!

• Haha

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
If anyone has listened to the podcast can you do a recap? They have requested that people related to them not listen to this one, so things must have gotten 'wild' again. Apparently Anna was totally boy-crazy in her youth!

• Haha

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
Has anyone listened to the podcast?
No, but read the description and very interested to hear their views on cheating (have they ever cheated/been cheated on) and sex after birth (Lily has previously said that her post-Grey sex life was non-existent).

• Wow

jeezlouise

So she wants to teach Grey to love her curls, but she's not willing to embrace her own? That conversation will go well. In reality poor Grey will see her mother ironing the shit out of her hair and want to emulate that, as well as all of Lily's other hang ups about exercise and being unable to do basic tasks around the house.
What was all that shiz about not exercising when she has her period as well?

under the ivy

VIP Member
Have you tried La Roche Posay Retinol? I have seen some beauty bloggers recommended it but not too sure if I should give it a go. I tried Sunday Riley Luna oil, I don't rate it
I use LRP retinol, I like it. I’ve just got some Medik8 Crystal retinol 3 to try when I’ve used LRP up.

Depends what you want it to do but I love Pai's rosehip cleansing oil and The Ordinary Squalane cleanser. Someone else mentioned the French skincare brands like La Roche Posay, I definitely rate them too. I also tend to trust the skincare opinions of Emma Hoareau and Donna Bartoli on Instagram.
I’ve ran out of my Cerave (AM cleanse/second cleanse) so was looking for something similar. My skin is sensitive/dry so I like cream cleansers. I’ll look at LRP cleansers as I use quite a lot their stuff along with Avene.

To take my posts back to Lily, i can’t imagine she would be this forthcoming with recommendations with her followers.

Burrito88

VIP Member
And also because she finally learnt what ovulation means and is now showing off her new life skills.
Exactly, and now she has something to blame her terrible skin on. I’m sure it’s nothing to do with her not looking after it with a stable routine 🙄

bupbupamericano

Hey all, if you don’t mind I have a question about your social media habits, specifically how you decide to unfollow someone on IG. I don’t necessarily mean accounts like Lily’s that you may hate follow, instead I’m curious if you follow any makers/creators/small businesses and why you’d unfollow them. I have an IG account for my printmaking and art and I’m always so baffled when people follow me and then unfollow in like three days, I mean what did they expect to see, especially when my account is public. Is it just that they are collecting followers and want me to
follow back? Thanks for any input!
I search hashtags and follow people that have nice imagery and if I still like them after a few weeks I’ll keep them, if not I’ll remove them. If you want to grow a following for art, tag thedesigntip and women of illustration, etc. It may be bots if they’re following and unfollowing? I used to get quite a few of those.

Mrs McCarthy

Chatty Member
grouting is in rubbish colours and not what they wanted (why didn't they test the colour when dry?!),...
From memory, they got little tester sticks from Topps Tiles and it wasn’t the same colour as the stick when all done. Same happened to us, all the colours were lighter.