Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Silentcritique

Chatty Member
Is it just me or does that stool contraption look super dangerous?? Maybe don’t encourage your small kids to stand to reach the countertop, risking falling down? Get her a kids table??

Reactions: 7

jaymie

VIP Member
I do love the milky jelly cleanser but it doesn’t do much. I like that it doesn’t strip my skin though, it’s quite moisturising.
This is why I cannot be a beauty blogger lol - I cannot tell if it is moisturising or it is the grease on my face haha since I applied facial oil daily.

• Haha

stinkytink

Chatty Member
She’s so hopeless that she’s getting parenting advice from a gossip site roasting her.
Thread title right here👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻

She’s not shit at everything, she’s clearly great at negotiating and conning brands!
She’s good at being a con artist, I’ll give her that. Unfortunately influencer culture has somehow become a socially acceptable con🤬

You are clearly not following the curly girl method, lol! Especially with non-European hair, you can go much longer in between the washes. In fact, you kind of have to, and braids are considered a protective hair style that most do not wash when they’re in. I’m mixed race myself and my hair is a loose, but my mum is more 3c/4a and can go much longer in between washes.

why is she waiting until summer to start cgm? We’re all quarantining now, best time to start!
Cos she is ... not smart. Strategic planning is not this dipshit’s forte.

• Heart
I know this is probably me but I cant be doing with the words 'post partum'. it is so Americanised. We never used to use the word when describing anything pregnancy related but that might be because I am so old.
Me too!!!! I thought I was the weird one for thinking ‘when did we start saying this!!!’

ccocopops_16

Chatty Member
I need a new face wash / hydrating serum, any recommendations? 😂 We could be more influential than Lily on skincare purchases!
I'm biased because I'm French and have always used pharmacy brands (Laroche Posay, Bioderma, etc) and find Emma Hoareau's recommendations really sensible!

Love Onagrine's oil make up remover, Vichy Normaderm cleanser (the only thing that's helped my breakouts and not drying at all), Laboratoire SVR B3 serum was a *gamechanger* for my dehydrated super sensitive skin, and Laroche Posay's Toleriane hydrating cream is really good as well

wagner1985

I cannot cope with how bad her hair looks. I can almost deal with it when it's straightened, but when she curls it, those sad backwards twists that look like they're literally about to snap off just make me want to cry.

She should have a look at Jamie Paige. They have quite similar hair textures and natural colour (I think), and Jamie's switched from constant straightening and her hair is STUNNING. Lily would look so good if she went this route.

https://instagram.com/jamiepaigebeauty?igshid=19rl8mb5hqb4d

Jxtina

Chatty Member
There a lot of mums here, what does new born bubble even mean? Very curious
Just those first few days or weeks of getting to know your new baby. Like others have said something you appreciate more in hindsight than in the moment!

• Heart

Liptastic

VIP Member
I need a new face wash / hydrating serum, any recommendations? 😂 We could be more influential than Lily on skincare purchases!
CosRX Good morning cleanser is :love: pH of 5.5, which is great for skin barrier unlike so many other cleansers

Influencer purchase fail: Makeup Revolution Fortune Favours The Brave eyeshadow palette, which was "designed" by Ruth Crilly. I was avid viewer at the time and it was affordable enough. Some eyeshadows are OK, some are pure chalk haha. I stopped using the shadows after a couple of months but kept it because of the massive mirror.
Makeup Revoluntion used to be so good. They had Urban Decay Naked palette dupe, I stopped buying the real one and just purchased Makeup Revolution one instead. Same quality. Or it used to be...

Eileen_2019

VIP Member
I can understand she doesn’t want her home address floating around everywhere.
Not everywhere, at Gleam. She can still get her own PO box. Why is she not ashamed at using her parents address for this long. Be an adult for a change.

openbook1

VIP Member
---Not Pebbles related---
My Instagram follows are art-museums-travel-wildlife-physics related by %80. What I do is I go through phases, start following similar accounts for a few weeks. Then I get sick of seeing the same thing over and over again. Go back to my following list, unfollow some and leave the ones I enjoy the most. If I were a creative trying to be more visible, I would do an analysis of my most seen/liked images (time the most likes come, where in the world, age, gender etc.). Then I would find a way to make those more visible in more lucrative hours by sponsored posts, asking friends to put you in their stories, put up a few side accounts to do the same. And I would put more loved images in the feed, less loved in a highlights folder (like 4th or 5th folder). But still promote them by 20-30% compared to other ones. I did a lot of research and I am self taught but these things kind of worked for my father's small shop. In our case it was food related so it was relatively easy to do but still it might point you in the right direction for research .
I am like you in that I will follow loads of accounts of Nature or whatever, then after a month, unfollow a few of them. I don't follow brands on IG or really any influencers.

poopettemetis

VIP Member
No, she uses her parents address to have freebies sent to. Gleam receives items for them too, which they all refer to as 'their PO box', usually a big white bag with packages in. Sometimes Lily would actually go to the Gleam office to open her stuff there, probably to be able to leave all the crap she did not want.

She's been living in that house for a while now, is a married mother, about time she sorts her own postal stuff out.
I always assumed the stuff getting sent to the Gleam office was the unsolicited stuff that didn’t have any work attached to it, whereas the stuff going to her parents was the stuff for jobs and the stuff she specifically begged for.

lemonlanguage

Thank you guys for the heads up on fresh soy cleanser! Cult beauty have it in a skincare kit at the moment that seemed a bargain, you've saved me a purchase. Derailing thread but has anyone tried Glow? Looks so nice but I'm thinking, so much fragrance...

Annoyingly, most of the makeup I've been influenced to buy has been really good. But then I do not follow Lily :LOL:
The fresh cleanser also smells like pickled cucumbers IMO 😂

• Haha

jaymie

VIP Member
Looks nice! Especially since there’s no pointless airport runway with strange scandi storage.
Hahaha did you realise that she never show her non-scandi interior anymore? Waiting for her to knock down the ugly pink loo and the yellow tiles in the bathroom

Off topic but I came across this TikTok, which subtlety reminded me of Lilys downstairs layout, especially some elements (like the blue walls, middle area leading towards the kitchen), but I thought this living room looked beautiful and warm and comforting! Not 100% to my personal taste but still lovely - just shows the difference having a few personal items on display (crazy, i know), allowing the house to have a personality that isn't completely trend driven, and not destroying original features can make!

What do you guys think?

(I hope I'm okay to have shared this link, please let me know if not and I'll remove it immediately!)
Each to their own, i do appreciate her style (maximalist?) and their effort. My head will go mental living there, way too much stuff for me. I like their front door though x

Last edited:

cocoblush

yes this isn’t anything to do with post partum. Wonder when she’ll realise that constantly using heat on her hair is the reason it’s not going to grow

She could have used lockdown to bite the bullet, stop styling her hair every day, put her hair in a conditioning mask and a bun as much as possible, and 8 weeks later her hair would have been noticeably healthier. She could have monetised it too, used it as a chance for swipe ups for various products (you know, like an influencer does??). A short YouTube series on getting her hair healthy again.

But that would require accepting that her current technique is killing her hair, and also doing some work at the end of it

But that would mean that she couldn't flog those hair straighteners she was using a few months ago and we all know that is more important to Lily than improving the condition of her hair :rolleyes: .

Real Techniques makeup brushes
edit: If you wanna spend $125 I HIGHLY recommend the Pat McGrath eyeshadow palettes! holy shit my eyes easily look professionally done and I've never achieved that kind of look before. I got the bronze one. I've never seen influencers push it so I'm guessing they're not sent out as free PR.
Or they know Lilets will make it look like shit, even the most luxurious of products, so they don't send it to her LOL. Pat McGrath is the real queen of make up tbf, I am glad if she is not a part of this influencer marketing bullshit train.

My idiotic purchase was Sam&Nic Real Techniques brushes with copper handle. I remember waiting in a supermarket line the day it was launched in my country 🤣🤣 It is basically for foundation/ base products but the times I wear a base product is a handful at best (and I don't even use a brush to apply because its so sheer). It lives happily in my younger cousin's make up drawer now.

Last edited:
  • Wow