Lily Pebbles #18 Thinking about baby number 2, hey Rich, pull the tampons out of MY loo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My theory is Lily's not getting the freebies/sponsorships that she wants within the past year. She wants the high end brands similar to the ones Anna got last year (i.e. Armani beauty, biossance, appointed etc). That coupled with the fact her views/followers across various social media platform has decreased made her realise she might have to actually spend money on clothes/make up/skincare to stay "hip" which she doesn't want to do hence why she now asks for feedback and why I believe she creeps on tattle from time-to-time. Gleam is most likely encouraging her to pivot to the mummy vlogger route, but I don't think they sat her down and gave her a talking to. Gleam just point to what gets views/attention (i.e. Grey) and want her to continue exploring that. Many influencers are leaving their agents and Gleam wouldn't want to upset her and have another stream of income leave altogether. Lily wants to be the cool popular girl but the only cool thing she ever did was enter the influencer game full-time when it was still new ten years ago in the prime of her youth with no worries and can sell an escapist life. Now she's an influencer in an oversaturated market who follows trends.
Totally this. I don’t see her as creative or aspirational at all. There is no niche. The ‘London’ thing isn’t relevant (especially in Covid) as what does it really mean? There are cool restaurants, parks, markets, art exhibits etc everywhere, so she doesn’t sell anything special here to me.
Doesn’t set or reinterpret any interior, beauty or fashion trends.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
You don't want someone to just follow you so you follow them back, that is not going to bring in the engagement. Better to have fewer followers who are loyal. I manage a brand's social media and I'm currently in the process of deleting inactive followers, so the engagement rate goes up. The total amount of followers doesn't matter as much as your engagement rate.
Absolutely agree on that one! I am also so attached to those posts since I show my own work and creative process which is such a personal thing. So I want people who follow to do so out of genuine interest and as a bonus they are the ones more likely to interact.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Totally this. I don’t see her as creative or aspirational at all. There is no niche. The ‘London’ thing isn’t relevant (especially in Covid) as what does it really mean? There are cool restaurants, parks, markets, art exhibits etc everywhere, so she doesn’t sell anything special here to me.
Doesn’t set or reinterpret any interior, beauty or fashion trends.
I started following her since 2013. I was a poor student back then but to see someone hanging out in London and going to cool market is very refreshing - she is selling a ‘lifestyle’ that I crave for. As I grow older and started earning slightly more income and moved to London, I realised the place she goes and the place she eats are so basic and blend - Dishoom, Granger &Co and Camden market hardly exciting. (Granger Co super overrated).

She hangs out in King X, that alone tells me she is not a true Londoner lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I'm 100% sure Lily and/or Gleam read here and on other gossip sites. Which baffles me that they know the criticism we have towards Lily and her content and yet nothing changes? Like, ever? I went back to the first threads about Lily (on GG, I think the first one was from 2012!) and the criticism is THE EXACT SAME as today. Even back then she was moany and spoilt, shilling ridiculous amounts of product and to be honest after reading that, I'm surprised that she is still around almost a decade later and that Gleam has kept her that long. It's sad that it seems like she decided to be a grown adult age 20-something and that her personality hasn't developed one. bit. since then.

I would think that her management would tell her to change something or drop her, but all the stern talking to (if there's any) doesn't seem to have any longlasting positive effect. She has the chance to have a huge career, maybe secure a spot at a magazine or be in product development after IG has run it's course but her behavior causes followers to jump ship and that's not exactly good for her future.....

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Wasnt she the one that made fun of Lucy I think thats her name for working in McDonalds or somethinf and she nownworks for Stylist or another magazine?

Lily thinks shes better than people and thats her downfall even in her 30s

Reactions: 16
I'm 100% sure Lily and/or Gleam read here and on other gossip sites. Which baffles me that they know the criticism we have towards Lily and her content and yet nothing changes? Like, ever? I went back to the first threads about Lily (on GG, I think the first one was from 2012!) and the criticism is THE EXACT SAME as today. Even back then she was moany and spoilt, shilling ridiculous amounts of product and to be honest after reading that, I'm surprised that she is still around almost a decade later and that Gleam has kept her that long. It's sad that it seems like she decided to be a grown adult age 20-something and that her personality hasn't developed one. bit. since then.

I would think that her management would tell her to change something or drop her, but all the stern talking to (if there's any) doesn't seem to have any longlasting positive effect. She has the chance to have a huge career, maybe secure a spot at a magazine or be in product development after IG has run it's course but her behavior causes followers to jump ship and that's not exactly good for her future.....
We are only a small part of the audience.

Reactions: 9
I understand that but we bring the same points as the people whose comments get deleted if they dare to criticise her on YouTube and IG, not to mention the bad reviews of her podcast. That isn't a small part of the audience anymore in my opinion. Also, if people have been criticising the same things for almost a decade and you're hemmoraging followers, it should make you overthink your behavior at some point. If you don't do that and choose to ignore that kind of feedback, especially when it's constructive, that says a lot about what kind of person you really are.

She obviously gets negative feedback regularly, there's a reason for her regular defensive IG-stories.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
She can’t wait to get back to Hershesalons whatever it’s called because she gets it #ad #gifted

• Wow
  • Haha
Exactly this. Hating and venting about Lily clearly won't change her "career" (the fact she's still going ten years on is proof). Personally, I like analysing what might be going on behind the scenes and what it says about society as a whole. We were told from a young age, if we do well in school, go to uni and work hard it will pay off but the world changed after the '08 recession. Many didn't recover or barely getting by (thanks to student loans, cost of living going up and wage stagnation) and the fact Lily could take a chance and enter the influencer market when she did and not worry about her livelihood b/c her parents live in London and money was never an issue, she could sell an aspirational life that only made her more money than everyone else who isn't as privileged and played by the rules. Many ppl on here work longer hours in more stressful jobs for far less money and can barely afford a home (if that). Its clear many people wish to see a sort of "comeuppeance" but don't expect it. Lily's "career" and profit from it is a symptom of our society so please make sure you all take time for yourselves (I'm writing this as a reminder for me as well and to take breaks from Lily and her "content"). We all work so hard for this over privileged basic person to live rent free in our mind's.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Isn’t it at the beginning of every year that she goes to Gleam to plan her professional year with them? Those meetings when she sometimes comes out of a wreck? I can imagine a Zoom meeting in the past few weeks with them, because that’s when she has started to change. It can be as simple as “brands don’t ask for you anymore”. Hence the try-hard attitude now.

I started following her since 2013. I was a poor student back then but to see someone hanging out in London and going to cool market is very refreshing - she is selling a ‘lifestyle’ that I crave for. As I grow older and started earning slightly more income and moved to London, I realised the place she goes and the place she eats are so basic and blend - Dishoom, Granger &Co and Camden market hardly exciting. (Granger Co super overrated).

She hangs out in King X, that alone tells me she is not a true Londoner lol
Completely agree, I started following Lily when I moved to London in my early 20s and genuinely was influenced by her the restaurants she went to etc. After a while of living in London I soon realised that she is very basic in her London activities. She doesn’t know any of the amazing and unique gems you can find in London just goes to London chains or over-hyped restaurants. She never seems to go to exhibitions, independent shops, parks or explore anywhere outside of her North London bubble/central London. For a self proclaimed ‘Londoner’ her knowledge of the city is shocking!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Yeah she won't pay for a hair cut and colour:rolleyes: I am sure the salon would prefer paying customers when they reopen.
i would bet she doesn't tip either. i know tipping isn't mandatory in london but i always tipped my hairstylist when i lived in london. she should especially since she is getting the entire service for free!

Love how there's all this drama going on about Lydia and Amelia's hair and Nicky Lazou and here comes Lily saying she's had the best haircut she's ever had. She wants to make sure she continues to get those free haircuts. 😂

• Haha
  • Angry
Just because she doesn’t go to cool places doesn’t make her less of a Londoner. We need to reverse it. Being a Londoner has nothing to do with being cool. London people are just like people elsewhere, and there is no need to look up to them. Olenty of London people just go to work and go home and that’s it. Which is why Lily is having a hard time selling her life now. We’re adults, we see her for what she is now. Just a very regular person, like all of us.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Completely agree, I started following Lily when I moved to London in my early 20s and genuinely was influenced by her the restaurants she went to etc. After a while of living in London I soon realised that she is very basic in her London activities. She doesn’t know any of the amazing and unique gems you can find in London just goes to London chains or over-hyped restaurants. She never seems to go to exhibitions, independent shops, parks or explore anywhere outside of her North London bubble/central London. For a self proclaimed ‘Londoner’ her knowledge of the city is shocking!
Off topic- if you are still in London, watch Topjaw videos on Youtube. I went to a few places recommended by them, there were so good.

Reactions: 5
Just because she doesn’t go to cool places doesn’t make her less of a Londoner. We need to reverse it. Being a Londoner has nothing to do with being cool. London people are just like people elsewhere, and there is no need to look up to them. Olenty of London people just go to work and go home and that’s it. Which is why Lily is having a hard time selling her life now. We’re adults, we see her for what she is now. Just a very regular person, like all of us.
Completely - I live in Melbourne, which has been the worlds most liveable city a few times, but it doesn’t make me cool as there’s also endless suburbia and people doing the same stuff as they do in London, Delhi, New York, Rio etc.

Lily is just lucky as she is an OG and was in right place at right time. Question is, can she sustain it now?

Reactions: 14

That is disturbing that the criticism was the same back in the day and she doesn’t learn!!! I kinda thought it was a new-ish development, since the market is more saturated and people are more clued up to the fakeness of the #gifted lifestyle.

I disagree that she has potential for a “huge” career. She is super lazy, not creative or very analytical, an absolutely terrible
writer, and technically only has experience managing one brand (her own) with average numbers. Tattlers have mentioned something about her dream of property development, and that sounds more feasible.

Love how there's all this drama going on about Lydia and Amelia's hair and Nicky Lazou and here comes Lily saying she's had the best haircut she's ever had. She wants to make sure she continues to get those free haircuts. 😂
She wouldn't know a good haircut if it smacked her in her smug face 🤣 I think she'd look much nicer if she had a classic long bob, where the bits the nearest to the face are the longest.
Screenshot_20210210-084641.png

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.