Lily Pebbles #16 Her job's a joke, her instas broke, her channel's DOA.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If this is what actually happened, she totally would have made Rich drive to her parent's a second time to pick up the gravy. Not buying it. Try harder, Lils.

Reactions: 25
Defensive much on the last few stories? Guilty conscience? If they picked up the dinner could her parents have not thrown in a few crackers too?

‘We made the day all about Grey.’ So making it about her included eating your dinner while she was asleep? Sure, Jan.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
Lily, since you obviously read tattle, here's a piece of advice: 1. Don't get pissy and defensive with your audience, 2. Explain the situation, apologize for the confusion and move on. No need to write a whole essay on stories. 3. Make a point that following the rules is important&why.

I believe her story (or rather, I don't really care if it's true or not) but her way of going on about it makes her look bad.

Reactions: 24
It amazes me how defensive she always gets. She can’t stand if can she, why is she still not starting to realise it’s actually just because she’s an idiot and we aren’t stupid

Reactions: 17
Mmhmm, indeed.

Why wouldn't she pick up her own gravy?... Does everything have to be done for her? If you replaced Rich's name with "The Help" I think all her Rich references would still hold.
Because she's a mum? she couldn't possibly go, plus it would take her 3 hours to put on all her various layers to deal with the London cold.

It amazes me how defensive she always gets. She can’t stand if can she, why is she still not starting to realise it’s actually just because she’s an idiot and we aren’t stupid
She's always so annoyed with her audience for being smarter than her.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
For someone with a college degree in marketing and pr, she really is the worst at communicating.
She never thinks ahead (or at all), and when she's called out on something responds like a child, all angry and defensive. She needs to learn that this is a JOB, we are not her friends here to pat her back.

I wouldn't be surprised if she dissapeared off the social media again due to backlash, since that is what she usually does. Hide, sulk & moan about social media being a toxic place 🙄 boohoo

Reactions: 35
For someone with a college degree in marketing and pr, she really is the worst at communicating.
She never thinks ahead (or at all), and when she's called out on something responds like a child, all angry and defensive. She needs to learn that this is a JOB, we are not her friends here to pat her back.

I wouldn't be surprised if she dissapeared off the social media again due to backlash, since that is what she usually does. Hide, sulk & moan about social media being a toxic place 🙄 boohoo
I am still not over tampon gate. How did she honestly not even address the taking down of the stories ? That was the biggest u-turn ever. I am still so embarrassed for her

Reactions: 26
Lily would be better off paying for an assistant who did her posting on her behalf. The assistant would be able to sense check the content rather than this frantic uncoordinated posting we get now. Lily, you listening?

Reactions: 19
I am still not over tampon gate. How did she honestly not even address the taking down of the stories ? That was the biggest u-turn ever. I am still so embarrassed for her
Exactly, that's what I'm talking about! Like, how do you NOT take a second and imagine the reaction to those stories. It can only be bad, or horrible. She is either incredibly dumb, or just wanted to boost engagement (my theory for all such flaming posts).

Reactions: 14
I’m on vacation/in mourning so that’s why I’m posting so much recently. Insomnia and extra time, plus this is a distraction.

her using the eye rolling emoji here, “lol please sense my sarcastic exaggeration worse things have happened this year🙄,” really cheapens and seems to mock the fact that worse things have happened. I lost a dear loved one the week of Xmas. Yes, Lily, worse things have happened than missing gravy. Xmas would have sucked if they hadn’t died. But they did and it has made all of this horrible pandemic tit so much worse to deal with.Not being able to gather for a funeral massively hurts. Mourning without family and friends at your side massively sucks. Missing gravy—or rather deciding not to drive back to retrieve it is just an inconvenience.

Sarcasm is used for mocking someone or something. Exaggeration is done for effect and isn’t necessarily sarcasm. You can use exaggeration to sarcastically comment on something. All this is to say I don’t think she knows what sarcasm is. I don’t know how she was being sarcastic with her “I was horrified” comment. She was exaggerating but not being sarcastic. I’d say the sarcasm came in the with the 🙄 emoji, using it to ridicule anyone who was going to point out that “worse things have happened.”

ok apologies for the pointless prattling. These are the tiny things I don’t usually comment on that also annoy me.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
Lily would be better off paying for an assistant who did her posting on her behalf. The assistant would be able to sense check the content rather than this frantic uncoordinated posting we get now. Lily, you listening?
Lily won't pay an assistant, though I wouldn't be surprised if she's on the beg for an unpaid intern in 2021. They mentioned her getting 'help' in that video she did before Christmas with Rich. And boy does she need help!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
OMG, she lies like when you are a kid, wit the whole story. Lol.
And one of the main ways you can tell someone is lying is when they ramble and add in too much unncessary detail to try and make it sound more believable. Lily needed 3 paragraphs to explain where the gravy was. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Why would Lily make Rich drive 10 whole minutes to get the dinner and also get the gravy on two separate occasions and not herself using it as a sly opportunity to see her own family?

She's rattled by everyone being so observant as it means we can see all her other mistakes too!

Also posting the explanation to stories which expire after 24h. What if I want to know your sob story tomorrow?!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Her over-the-top defensiveness is so embarrassing.

Lily, please shut the duck up 🤦‍♀️

Also that argument about "making the day all about Grey" seems disingenuous and depressing to me.
Does Christmas feel more magical when kids are involved? Of course. But isn't every day about your child anyway? I know we have work and chores and problems and all that but children are often people's top priority. Even with lockdown you can have fun (even with no children involved - I know, shocker) when you have so many blessings (they have a house and they're in a relationship and they're healthy)

I'm not saying it's not nice that Grey was their main focus but ffs, make festive cocktails! dress up! dance! play board games! have a boozy dinner in front of a comedy show!

I've said it before but I'll say it again: she has a gift for sucking the joy out of everything. This woman is joylessness incarnated.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Her over-the-top defensiveness is so embarrassing.

Lily, please shut the duck up 🤦‍♀️

Also that argument about "making the day all about Grey" seems disingenuous and depressing to me.
Does Christmas feel more magical when kids are involved? Of course. But isn't every day about your child anyway? I know we have work and chores and problems and all that but children are often people's top priority. Even with lockdown you can have fun (even with no children involved - I know, shocker) when you have so many blessings (they have a house and they're in a relationship and they're healthy)

I'm not saying it's not nice that Grey was their main focus but ffs, make festive cocktails! dress up! dance! play board games! have a boozy dinner in front of a comedy show!

I've said it before but I'll say it again: she has a gift for sucking the joy out of everything. This woman is joylessness incarnated.
She wanted to make the day all about Grey but ate their Christmas dinner when she was asleep. LOL

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.