Lily Pebbles #15 Beg for a walnut to fix your floor, shame it can't fix your jealous core.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a great question: mums, what items would you have appreciated in a new mum's care box?
Food and coffee! Plus Endone šŸ˜‚
Agree bath / pampering products wonā€™t get used for a little while, but nice to have.
Looks like she delivered it to her own house?

Reactions: 9
The bath products would be a no for me (stitches) and since my child arrived 18, months ago I have not had a bath, I've just to prioritise other stuff. The sweets are fine, not my taste, agree with the letterbox brownies though, they're amazing! (The Gower brownies were particularly good). I'd avoid coffee as unless you know they're not breastfeeding they might not be able to drink it really, I'd personally skip the cuddly toy and go for a book for baby, the hot chocolate, again, personal taste but not my bag.
I'd put in some yummy but nutritious food (food for the freezer or like energy balls or something), a nice shower gel and maybe body lotion, a less nutritious baked good/sweets/whatever they liked best, a good travel mug with a tight seal (good for being out and about with baby but also for at home as it keeps your drink hot and if it accidentally gets knocked over there's no injuries), book for baby, and in less COVID-Y times maybe like a voucher for a local cafe? Something like that anyway.

Reactions: 15
What a great question: mums, what items would you have appreciated in a new mum's care box?
Donā€™t get a soft toy. Get a gift for the parents. Food!!! Whether that be along the lines of a cook voucher or a box of brownies delivered or something. Or cook a meal For them and drop it round in a covered dish if youā€™re local. Donā€™t buy a load of tat because new babies end up with a million soft toys and even more blankets!! Get a meaningful book if you want to get something for the baby or something (seasonally appropriate so look ahead!!) in age 6-9 months as thatā€™s what theyā€™re less likely to have bought.
Hope this helps haha.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I seem to remember Lily moaning about her fruit bowl a few weeks back. She's now showing off a gifted fruit bowl from Arket on her stories. Ugh!

They also sent her a Teddy Bear coat for Grey. All that begging really paid off.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Anna hasnā€™t even properly decorated her house yet and it already looks better than Lilyā€™s. It makes Lilyā€™s house look so small too, I bet sheā€™s fuming!

And come on Arket! Thought you were cooler than that.

Reactions: 20
Ha she gave up a sentimental fruit bowl that she bought from Spain sand replaced it with arket. Lol wow this woman is basic

Anna hasnā€™t even properly decorated her house yet and it already looks better than Lilyā€™s. It makes Lilyā€™s house look so small too, I bet sheā€™s fuming!

And come on Arket! Thought you were cooler than that.
They are HM spin off. They have been gifting Anna and the like for yonks (lol), and just because it looks like it is sustainable it is not haha.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Nice free teddy jacket for Grey and a ā€œfruit bowl of dreamsā€ FRUIT BOWL OF DREAMS?
You what?
You mean you don't dream of the perfect fruit bowl?!

I love the yellow fruit bowl! It gave some much needed colour to the kitchen and was pretty much the only thing in the house that had meaning.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
You mean you don't dream of the perfect fruit bowl?!

I love the yellow fruit bowl! It gave some much needed colour to the kitchen and was pretty much the only thing in the house that had meaning.
It was probably one of the only things she picked up from her travels and had a story behind it while the rest of her house is full of gifted tat from Desenio and H&M šŸ™„

Reactions: 18
Ah I forgot it was from a gifted trip šŸ˜‚ Thereā€™s no hope for her, I give up.
if you really think abut it, is there any overseas trip that she went that isn't gifted. Do you guys remember a few months after G was born they went to France, was it gifted?

Reactions: 7
I'll take the yellow fruit bowl šŸ™‹šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø I like some bright colours in a house. " The fruit bowl of dreams" to go with the drinking glasses she's "obsessed" with. She'll be obsessed with the fruit bowl tomorrow in a story whilst drinking something out of the glass of dreams. She just keeps proving my point about limited vocabulary. Utter drivel.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
if you really think abut it, is there any overseas trip that she went that isn't gifted. Do you guys remember a few months after G was born they went to France, was it gifted?
Was that the time they went with her family? If so, her dad probably paid for it!

Reactions: 4
1608041801238.png

Must be a London thing that she gets fruit flies. The one time we got fruit flies is when we forgotten to wrap up our chopped melon overnight. No, our fruits didn't go gross either. Is a London thing, once a woman always a woman.

Hmm, this is a nice one, she cannot be more basic even if she tries

Reactions: 20
View attachment 347778
Must be a London thing that she gets fruit flies. The one time we got fruit flies is when we forgotten to wrap up our chopped melon overnight. No, our fruits didn't go gross either. Is a London thing, once a woman always a woman.

Hmm, this is a nice one, she cannot be more basic even if she tries
Must be a North London thing. Or maybe the flies just can't cross the river, because my fruit bowl in deepest, darkest SE London doesn't have any flies.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.