Lily Pebbles #10 Shilly beggles and the revent Items

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I listen to a lot of podcasts, but most require a little bit more preparation from the makers than just checking your Netflix history to see what you’ve been watching lately.

I wouldn’t really consider At Home With L&A a podcast, it’s more like we’re listening to two friends chatting away. Sure, they’ve jotted down a few bulletpoints beforehand, but that’s about it.

And even if they give “advice”, it’s all anecdotal and from their own perspective. It’s not like they’ve done research into what average people can spend on clothing or cosmetics when they talk about finances, or how much the average person can set aside to save for a garden. And it’s not like they’ve looked into what going to uni entails for current-day students when they give advice about studying at university. Working from home? They talk about motivating yourself, well for most of us there was no time to motivate ourselves. Business went on as usual as soon as we got home. Phones kept ringing and emails came flying in, at work nobody cares that you’re hunched over a tiny little laptop trying to work on a huge excel sheet for the quarterly reporting or something.

Of course they could pick real topics. Like how the Sporkful looked into the mess at Bon Appétit, but it can’t be anything that may offend the brands they work with of course.

So yeah, it can get difficult to find things to talk about. And in fairness, I’d be embarrassed to broadcast my phone calls with friends too.

Don’t know if I’m more shocked at her hair or the fact she’s wearing colour
It looks like it can’t be a lot of work to style those three hairs she has left on her head.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I hate how both lily and Anna make a huge deal about “hair wash day”. The majority of us plebs shower and wash hair before we have a full day of work! They make it to be some huge ordeal, greasy middens!

no-one is swiping up for that sweater girl
Bloody awful, looks like an old potato sack with holes cut out for the arms

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I hate how both lily and Anna make a huge deal about “hair wash day”. The majority of us plebs shower and wash hair before we have a full day of work! They make it to be some huge ordeal, greasy middens!

Agree, because between that and lunch they have precious little (read f**k all) else to do.

Reactions: 14
Maybe they just don't have sponsors for them and only do an ep if they have one? Don't know if their previous eps all have sponsors, just a thought.

Shapeless clothes only look good on shapeless bodies (aka nonexistent/limited curves).

Reactions: 5
Oh my word, her outfit and her posture are equally as atrocious.

I know she's not feeling confident about her body at all right now but dressing like this (and slumping!) will do nothing for your ego

Reactions: 10
Swipe up for outfit details on that hideous beige jumper sack?! I can't believe a single person alive would BUY that. Even if it was free I wouldn't use it as a tea towel. It's hideous & Anna commenting 🙌 It's like something from the bottom of the historical puritan dressing up box.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Is Lily trolling us with these 'outfits'? How do you go shopping & find such hideous, unflattering, joyless garments? Fashion is supposed to be fun & express a bit of your personality- oh wait, is this her personality?

Reactions: 12
Agree, because between that and lunch they have precious little (read f**k all) else to do.
That's exactly it. If you have nothing else to do, the smallest things become huge.
I guess that's why these influencers always have time to cook a lunch. I grab a quick sandwich...

Reactions: 8
5D79284A-D0C2-473E-A616-0D4F7FA2368F.png

It made me laugh that this is her filter of choice ‘Moody Up’ - could it be any more perfect for Miss Pebbles?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The knitted tunic would’ve looked much better with some black leggings and white sneakers. The rolled up ankles look dumb.

Reactions: 6
Only 38 comments after 5 hours on that baggy top pic and they are all complimentary? Hmmmm.

I haven't bothered with the podcast at all as I don't really bother with their videos anymore, but my fave podcast here is two women who do two eps a week while both holding down full-time jobs (one works crazy hours in a hospital). One has a toddler too. My feeling is that if you really care about something you'll hustle to make it happen. For Anna and Lily it's all just ticking a box to say to brands that they also have a podcast. Dare I say, "writing a book" was the same deal.

Have they ever done merch? 😂😂😂

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.