Lily Melrose aka Llymlrs #3 She's pregnant!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the kitchen looks ok now the base cupboards are done too. I also thought the wall cupboards were a TV at first šŸ˜‚. Not sure theyā€™ll appreciate black once Dallas is up and about getting his grubby fingers all over it though šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 4
I think the kitchen looks ok now the base cupboards are done too. I also thought the wall cupboards were a TV at first šŸ˜‚. Not sure theyā€™ll appreciate black once Dallas is up and about getting his grubby fingers all over it though šŸ˜‚
That was my thought, like compared to how it was and once she gets some nice handles on it itā€™d look ok, so much better than before and to be fairā€¦ what else can they do right now when a kitchen Reno will cost like Ā£12k+ and theyā€™ve just had to strip so much of the house already. Not possible to do it all at once

However being the ā€œonly black kitchen everā€ in colour I think will very hard to maintainā€¦ not just with the little one but their own hands. Matte black paint is so easily marked, stained and scratched! I think Iā€™d rather have just replaced the doors altogether

Reactions: 4
That was my thought, like compared to how it was and once she gets some nice handles on it itā€™d look ok, so much better than before and to be fairā€¦ what else can they do right now when a kitchen Reno will cost like Ā£12k+ and theyā€™ve just had to strip so much of the house already. Not possible to do it all at once

However being the ā€œonly black kitchen everā€ in colour I think will very hard to maintainā€¦ not just with the little one but their own hands. Matte black paint is so easily marked, stained and scratched! I think Iā€™d rather have just replaced the doors altogether
I think if they went for a lighter shade that complements the woody/orange tones it would have looked a bit more fresh than just matte black.

My apartment (that I am renting) has super dark gray/almost black but not quite (dusty black?lol) matte cabinets and they drive me insane that they show every smudge and drop of water that lands on them. As someone that cooks a lot and uses the cabinets a lot - oof. I clean them weekly and it is just me and my partner. I cannot imagine what it would look like with grubby toddler hands. In the afternoon when sunlight hits the cabinets at a certain angleā€¦ oof, my blood is boiling.

Reactions: 5
I think if they went for a lighter shade that complements the woody/orange tones it would have looked a bit more fresh than just matte black.

My apartment (that I am renting) has super dark gray/almost black but not quite (dusty black?lol) matte cabinets and they drive me insane that they show every smudge and drop of water that lands on them. As someone that cooks a lot and uses the cabinets a lot - oof. I clean them weekly and it is just me and my partner. I cannot imagine what it would look like with grubby toddler hands. In the afternoon when sunlight hits the cabinets at a certain angleā€¦ oof, my blood is boiling.
Iā€™ve got white gloss and two kids, it is also hell. šŸ˜‚ If I owned my home Iā€™d definitely be doing my research on whatā€™s most kid friendly cause I hate my kitchen always looking grubby because my oldest canā€™t keep his hands (or his mouth for that matter) to himself

Reactions: 3
Iā€™m not against a black kitchen for the *aesthetic* but the matte paint makes it look very cheap and DIY.

Reactions: 6
Yes, the same guy Forrest whoā€™s been ahown on this thread before - sheā€™s been with him quite a while. He seems quite private though, she doesnā€™t really post him.