Lily Melrose aka Llymlrs #2 Scenior citizen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Again referring to Sophie Milner because it's her who posted it but she screenshot someone saying they were glad to see someone with a "normal curvy" body wearing skims. Where's the insensitivity or insult in that????

View attachment 1652217

And then she followed up by posting what lily reshared which is basically saying "seeing someone with a similar body type". Not "seeing someone with stumpy legs/fat arms/a wide back..." Etc.View attachment 1652218

These influencers have made a living out of wearing clothes and saying "this is what it looks like on me so here's what it might look like on you"...

That's the whole foundation of influencing! Seeing "real, relatable people" model items without all the unattainable perfection.

Being normal and looking like a regular human isn't an insult!

Again referring to Sophie Milner because it's her who posted it but she screenshot someone saying they were glad to see someone with a "normal curvy" body wearing skims. Where's the insensitivity or insult in that????

View attachment 1652217
If the person who sent a DM had left it at ‘similar body shape’ that would have been okay, but instead the person labelled the body type. If that’s not how Sophie sees her body then it’s a bit tit for someone to come and label her a ‘curvy body type’. You can tell someone you appreciate them making you feel more comfortable with their body thanks to their influence, you don’t need to go and pick apart that their body is curvy or whatever other label. As I said before it’s a backhanded compliment. It’s also saying ‘someone with your body type shouldn’t wear something like that’. I can’t put it any clear than Sophie has.

compliment = thanks Sophie, I have a similar body type to you and you make me feel so much better about myself

backhanded compliment = it’s great to see someone with a curvy body like you wear those things, it’s really helped me

Reactions: 2
compliment = thanks Sophie, I have a similar body type to you and you make me feel so much better about myself

backhanded compliment = it’s great to see someone with a curvy body like you wear those things, it’s really helped me
See I personally would have the complete opposite reaction to this. I think the first is backhanded, because the poster feels bad about themselves with the same body and therefore implies there’s something for the person to feel bad about.
The second I wouldn’t take as offensive, because curvy isn’t a negative word to me. it’s similar to hourglass. If it was “a bigger body like yours” or plus sized or chubby or whatever, then I’d take offence at that.

Language is a funny thing. Everyone takes things different

Reactions: 12

View attachment 1652217

And then she followed up by posting what lily reshared which is basically saying "seeing someone with a similar body type". Not "seeing someone with stumpy legs/fat arms/a wide back..." Etc.View attachment 1652218

These influencers have made a living out of wearing clothes and saying "this is what it looks like on me so here's what it might look like on you"...

That's the whole foundation of influencing! Seeing "real, relatable people" model items without all the unattainable perfection.

Being normal and looking like a regular human isn't an insult!

View attachment 1652217
FFS, she’s going to make the person who sent that feel really bad when it obviously wasn’t the intent. 😔
That person obviously considers themselves ‘normal curvy’ as opposed to Kim K’s accentuated curves, that’s literally all.

Reactions: 3
Why would you phone the police before phoning an ambulance when you find someone passed out? Gives off vibes that she phoned the police to move along a homeless person rather than due to concern for their wellbeing.

Reactions: 19
Why would you phone the police before phoning an ambulance when you find someone passed out? Gives off vibes that she phoned the police to move along a homeless person rather than due to concern for their wellbeing.
exacrly what I thought. Also focusing on her feelings regarding the situation not concern for theirs- more to the point… why even post that?? To look like a hero?

Reactions: 17
She's just come up on my tiktok and is definitely acting/speaking like Sammi Jeffcoate.

Reactions: 8
Never been more bored in my life than going through Lily’s twitter. All she talks about is formula 1 now?
She’s not like other girls though she likes F1.

Wonder if that’s influence by the boyfriend? I know she’s always liked wrestling but F1 is new.

Reactions: 11
exacrly what I thought. Also focusing on her feelings regarding the situation not concern for theirs- more to the point… why even post that?? To look like a hero?
I’ve missed her stories about this but this has really upset me.

during lockdown I found a man unconscious on the street and I waited with him for hours before the ambulance came. I was late for work and was walking my dogs and naturally didn’t share on social media because why the duck would I? And why would she call the police??!!!

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I’ve missed her stories about this but this has really upset me.

during lockdown I found a man unconscious on the street and I waited with him for hours before the ambulance came. I was late for work and was walking my dogs and naturally didn’t share on social media because why the duck would I? And why would she call the police??!!!
Precisely, I’ve also had a similar situation. Didn’t broadcast it because it being kind to others doesn’t need showing off.

I wonder if he asked where her docs or L necklace was from

• Haha
Reactions: 15
That was my thought exactly. The guy was an inconvenience to her. But how can you be so stupid / selfish to phone police instead of ambulance. she thinks posting that makes her comes across as a caring member of the community - it really doesn’t.

Reactions: 5
He opened his eyes and asked her to name 3 slipknot songs

That’s why she called the police first

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I heard he told her he did the ombré thing first… so no ambulance for him!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
She's just come up on my tiktok and is definitely acting/speaking like Sammi Jeffcoate.
Yes. It's SO OBVIOUS. Come on girl, you were the original UK fashion instagrammer\blogger - show a bit of originality 😆

Reactions: 5
I heard he woke up and asked her which docs she finds the easiest to break in.
These comments are killing me.
I’m sure I’ve shared it before here, but I was working for a very well known fashion etailer and she was affiliate linking when bad mouthing us because she couldn’t get some pjs next day because we were moving the warehouse. We cancelled all the commissions and she didn’t mention them for years until about a year ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
These comments are killing me.
I’m sure I’ve shared it before here, but I was working for a very well known fashion etailer and she was affiliate linking when bad mouthing us because she couldn’t get some pjs next day because we were moving the warehouse. We cancelled all the commissions and she didn’t mention them for years until about a year ago.
I think I remember that 😂

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.