Lily Melrose aka Llymlrs #2 Scenior citizen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t believe the variety of outfits she used to put out there in her blog just a couple of years ago even and now she’s just morphed into a female version of her boyfriend with no ideas anymore

Reactions: 10
Remember when she “would live in striped shirts “? What happened to that ?

Reactions: 7
Will the new docs rub her feet? Will they be easy to break in? How will they compare to the sinclairs? Cant wait to find out
Find out in the next episode of ‘Lily Melrose was the first girl to wear docs’ DOCS DOCS DOCS. I have a few pairs and have literally never once referred to them as ‘my docs’

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I remember when she had a Primark Marvel tshirt that she raves about for a while. I remember cos I had the same one. It’s so far removed from something she would wear now.

Reactions: 5
Anyone else waiting for her to regale how she was at the first ever Blink 182 gigs in back rooms and the hold their music had on her

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Supported by a t shirt she’s bought from asos. But not affiliate linked because they don’t pay her any more…

Did anyone catch the story she posted regarding weight? First was a repost from (I’m assuming) another influencer. Then a post about how she lost weight due to her autoimmune disease.
First post was about how it’s not a compliment to receive a message along the lines of “I’m a similar body shape to you and you give me the confidence to wear X!” because it’s projecting insecurity.
I actually disagree with the post, I think when you look at the bigger picture, everyone has insecurities about their bodies regardless of their size. If, as an influencer, you influence somebody to see themselves in a different way I think it’s a good thing?

Tbh I think commenting on other people's bodies in general is a bad idea even if you're intending a compliment HOWEVER if you've made a career out of your appearance and "influencing" people - bearing in mind how predatory that is and how for influencing to work as a career you need a number of insecure people following/adoring you, then yeah this is likely to be a demographic with less refined social skills (either because they're awkward, lonely or actual children) so yes unfortunately you are going to occasionally have to engage with this group and they might occasionally say something that could be taken the wrong way. I don't believe outward trolling of influencers is okay and it's reasonable for them to complain about that but when influencers complain about poorly worded fanmail it truly highlights how much of a bleeping scam their existence is.

Reactions: 9
Did anyone catch the story she posted regarding weight? First was a repost from (I’m assuming) another influencer. Then a post about how she lost weight due to her autoimmune disease.
First post was about how it’s not a compliment to receive a message along the lines of “I’m a similar body shape to you and you give me the confidence to wear X!” because it’s projecting insecurity.
I actually disagree with the post, I think when you look at the bigger picture, everyone has insecurities about their bodies regardless of their size. If, as an influencer, you influence somebody to see themselves in a different way I think it’s a good thing?
Well it’s a backhanded compliment. It’s effectively saying ‘I have your body shop and someone with your body shape shouldn’t wear X, but now you’ve given me the confidence to wear it!’ I would definitely not see it as a good thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
^^ she reposted this from Sophie Milner and I effectively said a similar thing in her thread, but if you put yourself out there basically as a clothes horse then people are going to take your shape and size into account when considering how things look.

I'll never understand what it's like to be in the public eye and always have people comment on you, but I am well aware of what my body looks like including my "flaws" so if I made someone with similar features feel confident I'd feel quite good about it.

And then to tell someone who shares those flaws that pointing it out is insulting, then it's reinforcing the idea that it's indeed unattractive.

I don't see how you can effectively invite people to look at your body every day and sell them things based on what it looks like on you, but also expect them not to consider what it looks like.

Reactions: 12
Well it’s a backhanded compliment. It’s effectively saying ‘I have your body shop and someone with your body shape shouldn’t wear X, but now you’ve given me the confidence to wear it!’ I would definitely not see it as a good thing.
An influencer’s job is to influence though..if they are helping others to realise there’s no such thing as certain clothing certain bodies “shouldn’t” wear, I don’t think it’s negative.

^^ she reposted this from Sophie Milner and I effectively said a similar thing in her thread, but if you put yourself out there basically as a clothes horse then people are going to take your shape and size into account when considering how things look.

I'll never understand what it's like to be in the public eye and always have people comment on you, but I am well aware of what my body looks like including my "flaws" so if I made someone with similar features feel confident I'd feel quite good about it.

And then to tell someone who shares those flaws that pointing it out is insulting, then it's reinforcing the idea that it's indeed unattractive.

I don't see how you can effectively invite people to look at your body every day and sell them things based on what it looks like on you, but also expect them not to consider what it looks like.
I agree! You put it all in to words much better than I could.

Reactions: 6
I think she used it as an opportunity to mention her weight loss again 👀

Reactions: 9
An influencer’s job is to influence though..if they are helping others to realise there’s no such thing as certain clothing certain bodies “shouldn’t” wear, I don’t think it’s negative.

I agree! You put it all in to words much better than I could.
an influencer’s job is to influence. Doesn’t mean they should have their confidence knocked by people insensitively commenting on their size and body shape.

Reactions: 2
an influencer’s job is to influence. Doesn’t mean they should have their confidence knocked by people insensitively commenting on their size and body shape.
Again referring to Sophie Milner because it's her who posted it but she screenshot someone saying they were glad to see someone with a "normal curvy" body wearing skims. Where's the insensitivity or insult in that????

Screenshot_20221015-123050_Instagram.jpg

And then she followed up by posting what lily reshared which is basically saying "seeing someone with a similar body type". Not "seeing someone with stumpy legs/fat arms/a wide back..." Etc.
Screenshot_20221015-123103_Instagram.jpg

These influencers have made a living out of wearing clothes and saying "this is what it looks like on me so here's what it might look like on you"...

That's the whole foundation of influencing! Seeing "real, relatable people" model items without all the unattainable perfection.

Being normal and looking like a regular human isn't an insult!

Again referring to Sophie Milner because it's her who posted it but she screenshot someone saying they were glad to see someone with a "normal curvy" body wearing skims. Where's the insensitivity or insult in that????

Screenshot_20221015-123050_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.