Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

QueenKoala

Is it just me that thinks that actually noone gave a crap about her “CoNtRaVeRsIaL” plane boarding views and she’s actually started kicking off at herself orrrrr… 😂

Also, Lily check your privilege and pipe down. Becoming more and more arrogant everyday jfc.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

85duckpuddle

3 posts in all of December and this is her job? She either makes just enough of links to just about get by to live in London or she's doing something else for money now. I also think she has a boyfriend but obvs won't say anything (sudden disappearance off Insta then random stories going to football matches she's never been to before but not showing who with, etc.)

Simply Be does seem so "off-brand" but I imagine the work has really dried up for her otherwise

fadedglow

In that fashion icks video, she said she didn’t like heavy eye makeup, but her eye makeup IS heavy to me! I certainly wouldn’t call her fake eyelashes light or natural, that’s for sure.

Blueblue123

VIP Member
I think she’s trying to relate to a younger audience because that’s where the money is but it’s making her irrelevant to people who’ve followed her for years and are similar ages to her.
I agree but why? Being in your 30s isn't old and people younger than her will just think she's cringe. She's not trendy enough to make a mark on younger people either. I don't think she dresses super childish all the time and there are a million and one women around her age who dress similar. She may as well just appeal to her own age group and stop pretending to be a teenager.

Reactions: 15

ekl2000

VIP Member
I’ve missed her stories about this but this has really upset me.

during lockdown I found a man unconscious on the street and I waited with him for hours before the ambulance came. I was late for work and was walking my dogs and naturally didn’t share on social media because why the fuck would I? And why would she call the police??!!!
Precisely, I’ve also had a similar situation. Didn’t broadcast it because it being kind to others doesn’t need showing off.

I wonder if he asked where her docs or L necklace was from

• Haha

hmsizzle

They were definitely bulk bought and sold at largely inflated cost. This Q&A is hilarious, she gets asked the same questions every time.

CoLab dry shampoo
Quay glasses
Tatty L Necklace
Bloody jewellery stand (this one irks me so much nobody cares)
Docs, because she is the first person ever to wear them.

She makes me want to burn all of mine, but mine are actually comfy because I didn't get the over priced trendy ones that every influencer ever has declared agony to wear.

ekl2000

VIP Member
She was 100% indie! Because I followed her during my own horrifically indie phase.

defo indie cindy as opposed to indie sleaze, she wasn’t edgy enough for that and I doubt she’s been anywhere near drugs.

on her blog she literally compiled every outfit she wore in 2012/13 and I’m pretty sure the only band tee that made an appearance was Metallica. Emo queen is a damn fraud.

• Haha

barryjones

VIP Member
Nah she’s fucking rude if people ask her something she doesn’t wanna answer. She basically gets annoyed and rolls her eyes and posts “oh god stop asking me this”.

Tell you what lily, get off the internet and people wouldn’t ask you stuff! Or at the minimum, don’t mention your illnesses or cat and people wouldn’t, understandably, ask follow up questions.

Shes SO entitled. Wants all the perks and money of being an ~influencer but heaven forbid she has to put any effort in talking to people.

Ari-55

Didn’t see our Lily at SD yesterday but I did see a lot of women dressed in an incredibly similar way. Must’ve all been copying her as she’s the original x

• Haha

sillysally96

I’m still reeling that he follows so many OF ladies.

I mentioned it to my partner for a man’s POV and he agreed it was really fucking weird 😂
(And then checked who he follows but no sexy ladies bar me 🫣)

• Haha
  • Heart

BillieR

Chatty Member
I'm not a Lily fan but I think we can all see what she's saying about the ombre hair, surely?! 🙈
She's not saying she started the trend. She's saying she influenced a lot of her followers into it.
We're all on tattle moaning about *influence*rs (hint hint) and moaning about them *influencing* people into hauls, fast fashion, other things we think aren't the most moral or ethical. Moaning about how they make people feel inferior bc they can't buy all the things they have been *influenced* into thinking they need... we can't moan about some of the things they influence people into buying or doing, then claim they're wrong to say they've done that very thing.

Sorry, as I say, not a Lily fan but that was annoying me 😂

• Heart

SpritneyBeers

Once again over analysing pieces of clothing… I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if you like it then fucking wear it. She needs to snap out of her ‘edgelord’ persona. It’s cringeworthy!
what she says doesn't even make any sense, i don't look at that jacket and think "ah yes, people currently aged between 26 and 40"..... it's just a cheap imitation of the Acne flying jacket that you can find in any highstreet shop or fast fashion website. People my mum's age wear them as do teenagers.

she seems obsessed with not wanting to be seen as "older," you can see it in the phrases she uses and the Tiktok obsession. i used to like her videos and it'd actually be really interesting to see some content from her about what's happened since then and what it's like to be an influencer whose career has kinda stalled - not being shady, I would genuinely be interested in hearing someone talk about this!

SpritneyBeers

That post just shows how out of touch she is TBH, as if any normal 30something feels "pressured to fit in" with fashion trends on social media 🥴

SpritneyBeers

I wish she wouldn't keep posting pictures of that jewellery stand covered in fat tarnished chains

And I get she's had this kind of botox for a medicinal reason but her face is looking more filled than ever! I think she has a bit more done at the clinic than she's letting on! Sharing that reel of old blog posts just reminds us of how drastically her face has changed, and yet she's still so young really, it's scary to think how she might look at 45/50
I've never known a group of people to be more afflicted with bruxim/jaw clenching than influencers 🤔 👀

joking aside, not gonna be too judgmental as I would consider botox (though i'm a bit older than her and was never as pretty to begin with) but t he over-filled look is so unappealing and totally unnecessary in her case.

• Haha

hauntologie

I'm very sorry but since when was she into Slipknot?? If she would own that she was an indie queen I'd love her cause that's what she was good at.. but now I'm finding it so difficult to take her seriously now that she's pretending she was into harder music than she was just to impress people and be 'edgy and different'.. she's trying way way way too hard ..
I bet the boyfriend has something to do with her newfound rock chick image. It’s all very cringe and try hard.

kalechips

VIP Member
She thinks wearing dr martens and not having a problem breaking them in is a personality trait. But then did that weird tiktok/reel slagging people off who say they don’t have trouble breaking in their docs?
Because Lily is the first and only person to not have trouble breaking them in, she is not like other girls 🙅‍♀️

• Haha

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Came here to say the same - she used to be the epitome of a Fiat 500 girl!
She and all the bloggers who promoted Fiat 500s are literally the reason it's popular among girls with mainstream fashion senses and interests.

She was right there with Milk Teef and Zoella pioneering the basic bitch aesthetic (for want of a better phrase), balayage and all but she wants to act as if she's so edgy.

elliebobs

I really don’t think she’ll last much longer as an “influencer”. In all honesty it wouldn’t surprise me if she had a regular day job! She can’t earn that much from aff links surely! She shares absolutely nothing of her life outside of outfits and the occasional gig/wrestling. The only holiday/trip she’s been on this year was about 4 days long and surprise surprise no content there either. There’s only so many times people will engage with the same aff link posted 50 times. We don’t even get “I’ve been watching XYZ on Netflix this week” or “went for a meal at XYZ restaurant”. It’s obvious she’s a very private person but if that’s the case…. Don’t become an influencer? She’s banking on people engaging because she has an “alternative” style but she isn’t the only one doing it and everyone else that does it is doing it much better.