Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ari-55

Omg those motel dresses, like 3 different styles of body con dresses in a million prints! Now that’s a blast from the past. And the Topshop obsession too
Swear every girl friend group had every dress in every print between them and would swap them each week so everyone gets a chance to wear them all 😂

I remember the Topshop obsession too and tbh I used to love going to Topshop!

Lily always talks about how she was emo but I’ve said before in all her old pictures she definitely has a more indie style. Emo girls back then wore band t-shirts, jeans or a denim skirt with footless tights and a studded belt. Then all the emo started drifting in to scene fashion 😂 Imagine if Lily had been in to scene, she’d be talking now about how she was the original scene queen and invented raccoon hair 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She does have objectively unusual breasts, nothing wrong with having weird boobs or any other weird body parts, but as an ‘influencer’ you would just expect her to either dress to flatter them, or own it. I always assumed it was because her weight fluctuates quite a lot.
How could she own it more than she already does? It’s not like she hides them… 😅

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Why oh why does she keep going on about the things she influenced when there were about 5 influencers at the time who all looked the same?

It's easy to influence when your style is generic and only a handful of people were sharing their fashion.

It was 10 years ago Lilz, let it go.

You're just a whore* from the 90s**!

*Fashion blogger
**2010s

SpritneyBeers

Wait a minute. McDonalds paid for her to go to Leeds fest???! What is wrong with brands? I've said this on other threads before but can't believe influencers (low tier ones at that) are still being paid to do stupid things like this, when the economy is in the state it is. It's hardly like McDonalds is an unknown name, how many of lily's followers do you reckon haven't heard of them :ROFLMAO: just madness.

ETA: realize she probably wasn't paid but travel to and from Leeds plus a festival ticket wouldn't have been cheap.

• Haha

itsyagal

She’s literally the only person I’ve seen in YEARS that wears skater skirts. It’s giving me ~Tammy girl rock chick~ vibes!

• Haha

Ari-55

Yeah when I worked for a major ecom brand our pr team took her to a festival and said she was so miserable and literally said ‘pretend you’re having fun’ to people she was taking selfies with. Then she slagged us off to the point where we had to ask rewardstyle (LTK) to stop her commissions.
Wow! Thousands of people manage to pretend to be happy in jobs such as customer service on a daily basis, and she can’t even smile when her work is going to a festival and taking selfies 😬

Orangesocks182

“Dressing like it’s 2014 tumblr” is she fucking deluded??? Am I the only person who doesn’t think she even dresses emo and just looks like every other basic bitch, but with black coloured clothes ?? Black clothes does not make you emo you twit 🙄 She grates on me so much

• Haha

85duckpuddle

Ugh but that’s just so much effort and a millennial thing for our Lily. Remember guys, she invented ombré and the indie sleaze look, a job is just trying too hard okay?

(ps where did that description come from? It was just indie back in the day!)
THIS. I read indie "sleaze" and spit my coffee out. Is that a genuine phrase? I just remember it being indie. And they were took the piss out of even then... Remember this

That girl's an Indie Cindy,
Lego haircut and polka-dot dress,
I don't care if she thinks she's indie,
How she's different is anyone's guess.

(no shade there I was a part of this time LOL) but Lily Melrose springs to mind when I hear this song.

Referring to herself as ICONIC or an icon oh my gawd... I'm triggered. The caption apologising for you all ruining your hair with ombré because of her... I'm triggered. You weren't that big Lily. You still aren't. You'd be so much more likeable if you stopped acting like such a try-hard

I LOVE passionate people and think it's awesome if you still totally dig and rave about music from your youth. It's the fact she still to this day makes out she's the only one that irritates me so damn muchhhhh

itsyagal

She’s OBSESSED with her past self. It’s a bit sad now. She cannot move on, I think she’s really really bitter about the fact she didn’t become an inthefrow status influencer. Keeps trying to slip in snide comments about how SHE was first. Yeah well, it didn’t work out love. She needs therapy. It’s time to grow up and join the real world.

All the gen z/tiktok talk is really jarring and odd too. Desperately clutching at IM STILL YOUNG AND COOL. Like Lily, why does it matter? 18 year olds aren’t gonna find you ~influential~ but why do you care?

This is coming from me who still listens to tell all your friends weekly but also has a mortgage, a kid, some sensible shoes and a fucking clue.
THIS. My friends and I go to an emo disco night once a month, get pissed and scream at the top of our lungs to MCR… the rest of the month we are just fully functional members of society. Some with kids and mortgages, all with jobs, all with relationships. Not just empty lives spent in our bedrooms trying to be an ~*^ALT^*~ Tik Tok Teen…

insectoverlords

Her advice for wearing in docs is always like "I don't have a problem with wearing in docs " until she sees the opportunity to shill various anti blister products

• Haha

CoraSP

Chatty Member
She's just irrelevant now really, all the other OG fashion bloggers are now influencers who have developed their style (and sometimes personalities) and share wider things to their audience - even if it's not hugely personal but stuff like food, decor, books etc. All Lily posts is same-same outfits, her nails and dry shampoo 🤷🏼‍♀️

hmsizzle

I am not having that every single day someone asks her about dr martens. Which are her faves, which does she recommend, which are comfy. Just google! No one cares. Just an excuse to afflink something expensive.
I just checked out their affiliate programme and they pay up to 6% commission, though realistically they probably pay influencers 15-20%, so she could be earning £12-50 per pair of boots she pushes someone over the edge to buy. Not too shabby for someone who never leaves their room. Sad that they don’t seem to have ever gifted her though bless her.

Bilbo16

VIP Member
I don’t understand it either. She’s a woman in her 30s. Who on earth is going to make fun of her for liking what she likes? Anyone that doesn’t isn’t worth her time. I’m 30 and I love Pokemon. I don’t give a toss what anyone thinks!

• Heart

ekl2000

VIP Member
Lily has had a bigger impact on popular culture than Michael Jackson and Apple products combined, her influence is felt worldwide. You bunch of haters 😅

• Haha

ekl2000

VIP Member
So it looks like this ‘emo’ phase lasted about 2 months before she evolved into indie lookbook Llymlrs

the strokes aren’t emo 😅

• Haha

Madeofeyes

Chatty Member
She seems to go braless / wear not supportive tops more to show off the tattoo. No hate on anyone’s natural boobs. We def can’t all be perky - I am not! But I def don’t think the tattoo is worth it 😂