Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hayles1987

Long time lurker but had to come on because the now deleted stories that she posted earlier were the strangest things I have ever seen. I'm not sure why she isn't acknowledging it didn't happen

Reactions: 2

Pawpaw365

VIP Member
Again referring to Sophie Milner because it's her who posted it but she screenshot someone saying they were glad to see someone with a "normal curvy" body wearing skims. Where's the insensitivity or insult in that????

View attachment 1652217

And then she followed up by posting what lily reshared which is basically saying "seeing someone with a similar body type". Not "seeing someone with stumpy legs/fat arms/a wide back..." Etc.View attachment 1652218

These influencers have made a living out of wearing clothes and saying "this is what it looks like on me so here's what it might look like on you"...

That's the whole foundation of influencing! Seeing "real, relatable people" model items without all the unattainable perfection.

Being normal and looking like a regular human isn't an insult!

Again referring to Sophie Milner because it's her who posted it but she screenshot someone saying they were glad to see someone with a "normal curvy" body wearing skims. Where's the insensitivity or insult in that????

View attachment 1652217
If the person who sent a DM had left it at ‘similar body shape’ that would have been okay, but instead the person labelled the body type. If that’s not how Sophie sees her body then it’s a bit shit for someone to come and label her a ‘curvy body type’. You can tell someone you appreciate them making you feel more comfortable with their body thanks to their influence, you don’t need to go and pick apart that their body is curvy or whatever other label. As I said before it’s a backhanded compliment. It’s also saying ‘someone with your body type shouldn’t wear something like that’. I can’t put it any clear than Sophie has.

compliment = thanks Sophie, I have a similar body type to you and you make me feel so much better about myself

backhanded compliment = it’s great to see someone with a curvy body like you wear those things, it’s really helped me

Bebevomit

I always thought she was referring to her middle name, Sunrise? I unfollowed a while ago, absolutely no value lost. I find myself skipping on anyone’s story if I spot ‘AD AFF LINK’

Do you think her parents pushed her into the influencer stuff? The way she’s talking is as if she’s one of those suffering abused child stars who’ve been through it!

hmsizzle

Lily jefcoat Melrose latest reel obviously had to be centred around how much black she wears because she is the only person to do so and she is just reminding us that she is more alt than anyone else 😂
Before going through a bunch of fast fashion brands listing where the basic black clothes are all from 🥴
It’s giving ‘can an outfit be pink and intense’

• Haha

Starttheline

VIP Member
I’m a bit older than Lily and remember people wearing Enter Shikari merch when I was in secondary school so they definitely had a reasonable fanbase in 2004 (I live in the South.)

I saw she didn’t make a huge fuss about her Leeds outfit as it’s one that’s been done about 100 times. I considered it myself for Glastonbury but I’ve seen so many pictures of girls in that same outfit I went with something different.
Kind of got ruined by the McDonald's shirt too..

85duckpuddle

I can’t with this. Please iron your T-shirt. Please don’t wash darks with your whites. It’s basic adulting, you’re not a student anymore Lils!

This looks like she has just chucked a fresh white tee in with all her grungy black stuff and it’s come out like this. And trying to get an AFF link for it oh jeez

Ew!

Attachments

insectoverlords

I can imagine her having a secret ‘guilty pleasure’ playlist with all sorts of pop fun on it that no one must ever know about.
tbh I've often thought she's surprisingly honest about how much 00s kerrang humour pop rock she listens to, like bloodhound gang, alien ant farm etc. I'd have thought those are most people's guilty pleasures but those songs always seem to be at the top of her most listened and the songs she uses on her platforms.

viggle

Chatty Member
I never followed Lily back then because I lived in Bristol at the time and it was allll about Motel dresses
YES!! I don’t live in Bristol but followed someone who did, I saw them in her photos and ordered loads! 😅

Must have been about 2011?

Ctross03

Looks like this top quality slam dunk content has finally pushed this thread towards #3, anyone want to do the honours? I've finally unfollowed, she's reached the stale limit of same-ness I can't even hate-watch now

NoImSpartacus

VIP Member
Where did you see this? Purely out of professional interest, I work in affiliates 😂

Those Allevia tablets are really good but I feel like there should be some regulation around promoting medicines???
Sorry I know this wasn’t to me but LTK sent it out in an email

Bilbo16

VIP Member
She is 1000% answering her own q&a. Nobody is asking where she got that jewellery stand from because she links it in every 3rd post. They must be paying mega commission.
She linked that stand years ago. I bought it cos I did like it 😂 Bit yeah, realistically who is actually asking?!

kunt1990

Gosh, I forgot about lily but saw this thread was trending! Used to literally go out and buy most clothing items from her haul videos 🙄 looking at old videos now