Lily Melrose a.ka. llymlrs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay sure Lils except... it’s actually NOT 2020, is it? 😂
Hahaha whoops. She’s reposted now with 2021 but not acknowledged it. So many brands are doing looks like that (like New Girl Order etc), you are not so different Lilz

Reactions: 10
Isn't she too old to have been a scene kid? She's 31 isn't she? I'm 33 and when I was a teen there was the whole greebo/grunger scene and skate punk. I didn't see my first emo until I was 19, at a HIM concert lol, and noticed all these young teens in impossibly skinny black jeans with back combed hair. I particularly remember one guy that kept a huge can of hairspray in his back pocket and kept using it. Then scene was a few years after that!
Sometimes I feel a bit left out with all this emo nostalgia, no one talks about grunger or nu metal stuff. 🤣

Reactions: 15
Isn't she too old to have been a scene kid? She's 31 isn't she? I'm 33 and when I was a teen there was the whole greebo/grunger scene and skate punk. I didn't see my first emo until I was 19, at a HIM concert lol, and noticed all these young teens in impossibly skinny black jeans with back combed hair. I particularly remember one guy that kept a huge can of hairspray in his back pocket and kept using it. Then scene was a few years after that!
Sometimes I feel a bit left out with all this emo nostalgia, no one talks about grunger or nu metal stuff. 🤣
HIM! There’s a blast from the past. Loved them!

Reactions: 9
Nah she's peak scene kid age - im 30 and remember the Myspace emo/scene days well - I remember hours of 'coding' (ie fiddling with html themes) with my best mate at school when we were 15 and the stripey emo hair fishnet everything and neon accessories were in full swing. However Lily fancied herself as part of the "cooler scene" (because emo was desperately not cool) which was indie kid vintage cardigans white skinny jeans etc, her music taste sat with the first group though.

Reactions: 21
Nah she's peak scene kid age - im 30 and remember the Myspace emo/scene days well - I remember hours of 'coding' (ie fiddling with html themes) with my best mate at school when we were 15 and the stripey emo hair fishnet everything and neon accessories were in full swing. However Lily fancied herself as part of the "cooler scene" (because emo was desperately not cool) which was indie kid vintage cardigans white skinny jeans etc, her music taste sat with the first group though.
29 here and I everything you described was emo me from about age 13 onwards, with a hint of scene by the time I was 18/19 😭 I felt like a boss for having naturally black hair and not having to dye it like any other emo kid in my year did lmao. I still cringe thinking about.

Reactions: 4
Damn, it's amazing how much I missed out on just by being a couple years older 🤣 I did see MCR before they were big, in a tiny venue! Oh no, now I sound like Lily .🤣 I was totally indie at uni, still am a bit.

Reactions: 6
Damn, it's amazing how much I missed out on just by being a couple years older 🤣 I did see MCR before they were big, in a tiny venue! Oh no, now I sound like Lily .🤣 I was totally indie at uni, still am a bit.
I adored MCR and saw them quite a few times. Thought Frank Iero was the most beautiful man alive 🤣. Still pissed me off when Alkaline Trio supported them though, MCR paled in comparison in my opinion!

To be fair I’m the same age as you and I knew a lot of emo kids but at about 17/18 so maybe it depends a bit on your area?
Lily is still a tit of course 🤣 it pains me to back her up 😩

Reactions: 2
Absolutely love that this thread has descended into MCR chat - i didnt get to see them live until the Black Parade tour and Reading festival (just checked the lineup for 2011 and they headlined main stage after 30 seconds to mars, offspring, deftones, rise against, bring me the horizon and new found glory also played main stage that day... and yes i was slightly too old to be an emo kid by then!)

Reactions: 12
Omg Leeds fest 2011 is still much dream line up I wish I could go back 😭

My husband is 34 and was like the ultimate emo at the time- when he was about 17/18 😂 me and my friends used to see him wandering around town and gaze in awe🤣🤣 Never seen jeans so tight haha!!

Simpler times eh!!

Reactions: 9
I’m 28 I did the full transition from emo to scene and back to emo (never left being an emo tbh, don’t tell Lily 😆).

I am 31 and I remember when I was about 15 the whole greebo phase was popular and both men and women wore baggy jeans and hoodies.

Then when I went to sixth form the whole emo phase was popular. I had black hair and a nose piercing and wore a studded belt every day 😂

Don’t know what you’re all talking about. Lily invented the emo and scene kid style, no one else did it before her and has done it since her.

(I hope people know I’m kidding) 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Same! First time I saw My Chemical Romance the were the support band for Taking Back Sunday.
Omg me too! I think I bought Taking Back Sunday knickers from the merch stand at Liverpool Uni!

ANYWAY I just watched that cosmo video someone linked and why do I feel like she thinks she invented wearing spf? It's all any skinfluencer talks about now and still she tries to claim she invented it.

She's also fully duck billed now, I reckon she'll be getting them dissolved in a few weeks.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.