Lily Melrose a.ka. llymlrs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The fact she said “it’s kinda my thing” about wearing converse 🙄. You’re not unique for wearing bleeping converse hun

• Haha
Reactions: 20
The fact she said “it’s kinda my thing” about wearing converse 🙄. You’re not unique for wearing bleeping converse hun
That annoyed me too. As if she created wearing converse. No lily, everybody wears them!!

Reactions: 10
Did Lily really photoshop herself some fake abs in those bikini pictures, only to them upload a series of IG stories where said fake abs disappear? Oh Lily, why do you do this to yourself? 🤦‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Not sure I'd call them abs? My stomach looks a bit like that when I sit down & it's just where the flab folds in on itself. Her's just happens to do it when she's standing up.

Reactions: 1
Well she definitely did try to give her stomach some definition as in the IG stories that followed Lily was still standing up and it all disappeared.

Reactions: 2
Guys... is Lily emo? I really can’t tell because she so rarely mentions it.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Guys... is Lily emo? I really can’t tell because she so rarely mentions it.
As someone who is also 30 I just cannot get my head around how a label from 2006 is still such a big deal to her?! We all had an emo phase..? I still listen to the same music from that phase but I don't feel the need to refer to myself as emo because... No one cares?! It's embarrassing to read

Reactions: 21
As someone who is also 30 I just cannot get my head around how a label from 2006 is still such a big deal to her?! We all had an emo phase..? I still listen to the same music from that phase but I don't feel the need to refer to myself as emo because... No one cares?! It's embarrassing to read
Exactly?! I’m the same age as you and totally agree. We all remember what it was like! I wear black leggings and T-shirt’s, and still listen to the music, but would I say I’m emo? Absolutely not 😂

Exactly?! I’m the same age as you and totally agree. We all remember what it was like! I wear black leggings and T-shirt’s, and still listen to the music, but would I say I’m emo? Absolutely not 😂
I wouldn't usually care about something like this but for me this adds to the whole 'better than you' vibe she gives off.
One little thing I've always remembered, I used to have a blog and not sure if anyone remembers this but there used to be bloggers chats on twitter where everyone used to talk and share their blogs?
I didn't know who she was at the time but I saw Lily on twitter taking the piss out of the girls taking part in the chat and basically joking with milkteeth(?) about them because they were the OG bloggers and sharing links etc was desperately uncool.
That's a tiny random thing to remember but that was my first ever impression of lily and when I've come across her since nothing has changed my opinion on her unfortunately

Reactions: 18
100% same! My music taste hasn’t moved on since I was about 15 (I went to the Funeral for a Friend reunion in 2019 and literally every single person in the room was in their 30’s BECAUSE WE ALL LISTENED TO THAT MUSIC AT THE SAME TIME IN LIFE).

It’s about 10% of my personality now though and I think that’s why Lily annoys me so much. She reminds of that mean 15yo scene girl who thought she was better than everyone else. The girl who was into the coolest bands and looked “hot” and thought she was so much better than everyone else.

I probably should just unfollow her because I try not to ‘hate follow’ people but I feel invested after about a decade. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I wouldn't usually care about something like this but for me this adds to the whole 'better than you' vibe she gives off.
One little thing I've always remembered, I used to have a blog and not sure if anyone remembers this but there used to be bloggers chats on twitter where everyone used to talk and share their blogs?
I didn't know who she was at the time but I saw Lily on twitter taking the piss out of the girls taking part in the chat and basically joking with milkteeth(?) about them because they were the OG bloggers and sharing links etc was desperately uncool.
That's a tiny random thing to remember but that was my first ever impression of lily and when I've come across her since nothing has changed my opinion on her unfortunately
Oh I always thought milkteef was like a B-list version of Lily but I liked her a bit better than Lily as I got older (she hardly ever posts anything now but her little home looks nice).

I totally know what you mean! She just loves gate keeping. Weird thing is she gate keeps things that are totally mainstream and not at all unique!

Reactions: 9
That is so unnecessarily mean! Milkteef never made it big, she was always in the background/under the radar. Maybe if she’d joined in the blog chat and been friendly she might have ended up more popular.
I’ve said it before - Lily is stuck in the past. We all have old favourite music, fond memories, a way we liked doing our hair or make up, but time moves on and so do we.

Reactions: 8
I wonder if Milkteef has had to give in and get a real job? I don’t follow her anymore

@larabrn you are right, Lily is definitely the scene kid that thought they were better than everyone else. In fact I believe scene kids were all about the image more than the emos were so I think she has been labelling herself wrong all this time 😂
@Bilbo16 so true, can you even gatekeep something that was so mainstream in the first place?! Probably not but she will try anyway.

There are so many other 'alternative' (ick no better word) creators out there, Zoe London for example seems so friendly, interacts with everyone, doesn't gatekeep and most importantly she uses her platform to talk about issues and be an actual ally to others - unlike some who will share a link every now and again or be performative just so they can't be accused of not doing so.

Reactions: 6
Have they fallen out? Zoe London and Lily used to hang out all the time. Zoe’s grown up but still has that essence of her emo roots if that make sense? Lily is just stuck in the past and I think that’s what’s held her back compared to her old blogging peers. I don’t know who she appeals to? She’s too immature for my tastes now and outdated for a younger generation?

Reactions: 5
She’s too immature for my tastes now and outdated for a younger generation?
Exactly this. At 32 I’m doing more than trying on clothes in my bedroom. I’m not a teenager anymore. Teenagers are going to watch someone closer to their own age.
I liked her early vlogs in her Brighton flats. Seemed grown up having her own flat. Now regressed to a teenager posing in front of the mirror with a superiority complex that’s she not like other girls. Or a uni student in a share house, which I loved at the time, but most of us have to move on and grow up.

Reactions: 16
This is really random but I swear she made a big deal about having a latex allergy a few years ago? But has just bought some latex pillow? There was something else latex a few weeks ago that I was like ??? At but I have no idea if I’m remembering right

Reactions: 7
This is really random but I swear she made a big deal about having a latex allergy a few years ago? But has just bought some latex pillow? There was something else latex a few weeks ago that I was like ??? At but I have no idea if I’m remembering right
I remember her being allergic to latex too!

she absolutely did!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.