Lily Melrose a.ka. llymlrs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she thinks shes the only girl in the world who likes wrestling....... she is not. There are millions of us!
Exactly! Everyone can have their own unique interests, no problem at all, but it’s her ‘I’m so unique, I’m not like other girls’ thing that gets me.

Reactions: 8
She definitely thinks she's quirky for liking wrestling. I cringe at how unique she thinks she is.

Reactions: 14
She definitely thinks she's quirky for liking wrestling. I cringe at how unique she thinks she is.
She also thinks she’s quirky for her music tastes, but look at the tracks she uses for her Reels - always big mainstream bands (Arcade Fire, The Strokes etc). Kind of reminds me of Helen, really.

I find it cringe because it's said with an air of "not like other girls", she's made a lot of comments over the years implying her audience aren't into wrestling as if she's such a unique flower for enjoying wrestling and looking good but she doesn't really ever talk about wrestling in a way that the audience can really respond to (iirc she did one video once about a particular event - I think it was wrestlemania predictions which actually did get some engagement?)
She's clearly quite gate keepy and it shows, like how desperate she always was to appear more of a true fan of game of thrones than anyone else (funny she never mentioned it prior to the TV show becoming big though?).
Something I always thought made Lily a good influencer is that she was quite good at judging the next big thing just as it was happening and being able to give off the illusion that she'd been into it the whole time but it makes her quite off putting as a person because she's just a bandwagonner herself but tries to pretend she's not.
I also find her very gatekeeper-y; like the girl at school who thought she discovered little known bands. Very much “I liked them before they were cool” vibes.

I also find her very gatekeeper-y; like the girl at school who thought she discovered little known bands. Very much “I liked them before they were cool” vibes.
I went to school with zoelondon and she was exactly like this, so I imagine they bonded over the hardships of being the only two girls to have enjoyed the most popular genre of our generation.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I really like Lily's style and I do think she's very pretty, however she's obsessed with herself and her popularity from 2012. Loads of her stories talk about her "iconic" hair and her "classic llymlrs" outfits. Dude, you weren't the only one to wear fur, have ombre hair, and a smock dress. Get over yourself.

Edit: Also, why did she make a big deal of cutting her hair and post a photo with scissor emojis, when it looks like she didn't even cut it at all? Just clipped all the broken bits out of the way?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I remember Lily from back before Instagram, and I would always happen across her blog when googling makeup products I wanted to try (great SEO I’m guessing). I actually really like her, and I love the fact she does her own thing style-wise. Agree that she isn’t quite the unique snowflake that she thinks she is though. There is a slight ego issue, but I guess it would be hard not to when you’ve basically made a life long career out of being ‘popular’ and having people faun over your style etc. I used to like her YouTube videos but they were so badly edited they would cut halfway through a word! I don’t think she enjoys that side at all and is happier making reels. She’s still one of my faves, and I’ve followed her for years now.

Reactions: 7
I really like Lily's style and I do think she's very pretty, however she's obsessed with herself and her popularity from 2012. Loads of her stories talk about her "iconic" hair and her "classic llymlrs" outfits. Dude, you weren't the only one to wear fur, have ombre hair, and a smock dress. Get over yourself.

Edit: Also, why did she make a big deal of cutting her hair and post a photo with scissor emojis, when it looks like she didn't even cut it at all? Just clipped all the broken bits out of the way?
This this so much this. ‘Classic llymlrs’ makes me cringe so much... you weren’t inventive, you just happened to blog at exactly the right time. If she started now she wouldn’t have a tenth of the followers she does

Reactions: 22
This this so much this. ‘Classic llymlrs’ makes me cringe so much... you weren’t inventive, you just happened to blog at exactly the right time. If she started now she wouldn’t have a tenth of the followers she does
Iconic made me cringe for her. So iconic that you are still posting of your outfits out of your bedroom like you were 10 years ago. The icon hasn’t exactly evolved much

Reactions: 19
She’s being annoying about the doc martens she bought too. She was all mad that when she posted that she was thinking of getting them people said they would really rub (as all docs do, need to break them in!) but then she’s always posting that they haven’t given her blisters. Cut to today’s IG stories and she says she put them on for a walk, took 3 steps out of her flat then changed her mind and realised she shouldn’t wear them. No wonder they’re not causing blisters, she’s only wearing them for photos in her bedroom!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Remember how she had to make it clear that she wasn't an Olly Murs fan account hahaha?!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Why does she say that clothes aren’t on brand for her? You are a girl in your 30’s posting pictures of yourself in the mirror, you aren’t a brand!!

Reactions: 12
These ‘What’s my favourite’ things she keeps doing are so clearly an excuse to post more affiliate links aren’t they? And she just uses recycled images in the answers. I really don’t understand what it is that she does. Fair play of it works for her then good on her, but I just find her content very strange at the moment. It’s like she wants to be an influencer but also doesn’t want to do any of the work.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.