Lily Melrose a.ka. llymlrs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lily is another influencer with munchausen’s I’m really skeptical to believe whether she actually has RA, she paid a private doctor for the diagnosis after failing on the NHS.

She has had a series of made up illnesses, when she lived in Brighton Lily blamed having CF (chronic fatigue) and scoliosis for not producing content, both of which she never had treatment for and has since dropped in favour of having RA.
There’s also other illnesses and phobias which she claimed to have then contradicted - pencil phobia, tuba phobia, latex allergy, RSI, gluten intolerance, internal monologue and I’m pretty sure I remember her jumping on the endometriosis bandwagon when Zoe London talked about it.
In my opinion she’s as bad as Gabbie (Velvetgh0st) for this and I’ll never understand why grown women think it is okay to hide behind imaginary illnesses.

And Lily is the same as Helen Anderson in regards to both of them are now angling for the mid-size body positivity but are still editing their pictures and lying about their clothing size. Plus they both annoy me as they think they are the epitome of being alternative but in reality they listen to entry level alternative music, essentially pop music with guitars, follow trends and buy their clothes from chain stores.

I think she totally left her cat in Ludlow when she moved to London and is only interested in making money from affiliate links too. 🤷‍♀️
What makes you think she's made it up? I'm not saying she hasn't, I paid very little attention to her after she stopped doing YouTube but I can't fathom why she would do this.

Sad she's editing her pics, she does look miles better now. Also I hope she has taken Areys (the cat) with her, she absolutely doted on her!

Reactions: 2
Lily is the same as Helen Anderson in regards to both of them are now angling for the mid-size body positivity but are still editing their pictures and lying about their clothing size. Plus they both annoy me as they think they are the epitome of being alternative but in reality they listen to entry level alternative music, essentially pop music with guitars, follow trends and buy their clothes from chain stores.
This is a bit gatekeepy imo on the music thing. I don't like Helen and I'm not fussed on Lily but they shouldn't have to prove their music taste to anyone.

Reactions: 19
I used to really like Lily but then kinda got over her. Her BLM response was terrible, posted a few aesthetically pleasing, fits with her insta ‘look’ posts and then made a story saying she would be going back to her ‘normal’ content. I don’t think she’s posted anything since and it just didn’t sit well with me.

Reactions: 7
I thought it was a CFS/ME diagnosis that Lily paid for privately, after failing to meet the criteria on the NHS diagnosis?

And wasn’t this because she is good mates with Emma Blackery, who does have CFS/ME, and so she convinced herself she does too because aspects are similar - but it now turns out it was all RA, and she finally got that diagnosis properly?

I’m not convinced she’s a Munchie like others (ahem VelvetGhost) as she doesn’t seem to court attention for it, she’s way more vague and only alludes to things unless she has a proper diagnosis. Maybe it’s because I had my own “mystery” illness that took ages to get the right diagnosis for, and therefore treat, so I am sympathetic to her? It just seems to me like she since she had her RA diagnosis she’s got herself together and gotten healthier, and she doesn’t go droning on about her health issues on Instagram like many other influencers do.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a fan, I can just see that maybe she had RA all along but went down many incorrect paths in trying to find out what was actually wrong with her. That does happen and doesn’t necessarily mean someone has Munchausens.

Reactions: 8
I study RA in young people for my PhD research - CF can be associated with RA through pain in the joints and lack of sleep. I’m not saying she does/doesn’t have it though and I don’t know much about her diagnosis to comment.

I noticed her IG story yesterday where she was on the tube, does she suffer with anxiety? I got the sense she did from her post or maybe with everything going on, she’s cautious of being outside (RA is an autoimmune disease so maybe she’s worried about catching covid?). All just speculation on my side.

I study RA in young people for my PhD research - CF can be associated with RA through pain in the joints and lack of sleep. I’m not saying she does/doesn’t have it though and I don’t know much about her diagnosis to comment.

I noticed her IG story yesterday where she was on the tube, does she suffer with anxiety? I got the sense she did from her post or maybe with everything going on, she’s cautious of being outside (RA is an autoimmune disease so maybe she’s worried about catching covid?). All just speculation on my side.
I feel like I remember her saying way way back that she was scared of going on the tube and majority of the time would use Ubers, when she was in Brighton she was fine as she had her car

She also mentioned wanting a certain hair styling tool but being concerned she wouldn’t be able to grip it well with her RA - I’d be surprised if she’d go into that level of detail or even think about such things if she didn’t actually have some real symptoms?

Just looked at her Instagram and she looks much healthier than when she was last on YouTube - she might be mid-size or whatever but she’s lost a lot of weight. I always got the impression she gave up with YouTube because of how much weight she’d gained.

Reactions: 3
When Lily lived in Brighton she said she was being treated for RSI on one of her hands, during her stint at home she mentioned on IG she went private for her RA diagnosis. She also claimed to had been diagnosed with scoliosis at some point whilst living in Brighton and I’m not sure if she ever got the CF diagnosed but she never said anything to back either up and has since dropped both in favour of RA, scoliosis wouldn’t go away on its own.

I still think she has Munchausens it really is rare for someone to have all the medical issues Lily’s claimed to have and she goes through phases of having different illnesses. More worryingly she claims to have illnesses after other people in her friendship circle; Emma having CF, Zoe having endometritis and she started saying she had scoliosis after Katie Snooks talked about her surgery.
And she has some of the other munchie traits Lily just seems to Google an illness, remembers a few symptoms and runs with it like a book with giant plot holes. She often seems to forget about illnesses/phobias and contradicts them like when she claimed to have a pencil phobia then filmed herself using one. And things like her apparent gluten intolerance when she has always shown herself drinking/eating ‘normal’ beer and food, she still does this now when avoiding gluten is even supposed to help RA.
Lily also seems to really like being ill, using it as a scapegoat, reminding people she has a chronic illness or auto immune disease and just the general sympathy that comes with it.

I would love to know if she actually has RA but I’m so skeptical to believe her because of her previous form. None of what she claims really makes coherent sense. When she was living in her hometown Lily claimed she was so ill that she couldn’t wash her hair, her mother had to dress her, she could only wear one pair of shoes and leggings but seems to forget she went on a press trip to Val Thorens amongst other things.🤷‍♀️

This is a bit gatekeepy imo on the music thing. I don't like Helen and I'm not fussed on Lily but they shouldn't have to prove their music taste to anyone.
I meant it in the sense they seem to judge others by having the mindset you have to dress a certain way to like certain music.

Reactions: 4
Considering how openly Lily talks about her struggles with grip etc and has posted pictures of visibly swollen hand joints I think it makes sense that it took a while to get a diagnosis (as RA often does) and that's why she may have been previously misdiagnosed with CFS (or possibly has both idk).

I do have a real soft spot for Lily as she was the first blogger I ever followed, she's been quite nasty on comment replies before but I do sympathise with her more than most as she seemed to struggle with how to respond with suddenly being able to make real money from some hobby compared to others of her time, I feel like she became much more private as her following grew (on her blog she'd talk about boyfriends etc, still not an open book but we never hear about partners now although she refers to having had them in recent years) and I got the impression she'd have rather done something more related to her degree but for whatever reason couldn't completely make it work (I remember her mentioning non yt consulting work before).

Personally I think she became bitter because she was one of the biggest UK bloggers but was too late in getting management, monetising IG and Youtube. Bloggers turned into influencers and she got left behind.

Reactions: 23
Personally I think she became bitter because she was one of the biggest UK bloggers but was too late in getting management, monetising IG and Youtube. Bloggers turned into influencers and she got left behind.
I seem to remember that she never really wanted to do YouTube. She was very late to it and never seemed particularly enthusiastic about it.

I seem to remember that she never really wanted to do YouTube. She was very late to it and never seemed particularly enthusiastic about it.
I don’t know whyshe never took to YouTube it’s easy money and she had a good size audience! Now she’s just doing affiliate links 🙄 I’d love to know what she does every day. She seems to do even less than a youtuber now 😂 just amazes me she can afford to rent in London

Reactions: 6
Lily is another influencer with munchausen’s I’m really skeptical to believe whether she actually has RA, she paid a private doctor for the diagnosis after failing on the NHS.

She has had a series of made up illnesses, when she lived in Brighton Lily blamed having CF (chronic fatigue) and scoliosis for not producing content, both of which she never had treatment for and has since dropped in favour of having RA.
There’s also other illnesses and phobias which she claimed to have then contradicted - pencil phobia, tuba phobia, latex allergy, RSI, gluten intolerance, internal monologue and I’m pretty sure I remember her jumping on the endometriosis bandwagon when Zoe London talked about it.
In my opinion she’s as bad as Gabbie (Velvetgh0st) for this and I’ll never understand why grown women think it is okay to hide behind imaginary illnesses.

And Lily is the same as Helen Anderson in regards to both of them are now angling for the mid-size body positivity but are still editing their pictures and lying about their clothing size. Plus they both annoy me as they think they are the epitome of being alternative but in reality they listen to entry level alternative music, essentially pop music with guitars, follow trends and buy their clothes from chain stores.

I think she totally left her cat in Ludlow when she moved to London and is only interested in making money from affiliate links too. 🤷‍♀️
This isn’t okay for you to say about her RA diagnosis and to diagnose her with a mental health condition on a gossip forum. And I think you have her mixed up with someone else about being diagnosed via a private doctor as she was diagnosed with a rheumatologist which you get referred to via your NHS GP (I’ve literally been through the same process), she did not pay to go private. To have RA it’s diagnosed via blood test And xrays, and she even said recently her blood inflammation levels have gone up, and you can physically see her joint damage in her fingers and the bruising on her from the disease. It makes sense in the past that when she claimed she had CFS and those hand problems that it was actually symptoms of the RA and was just diagnosed wrongly due to symptom by symptom, something which happens a lot before getting an auto immune diagnosis.

And your comment about “iTs NoT oK fOr gRoWn WoMeN tO hiDe BeHiNd imaGinaRy IlLneSs’s” - if it is munchausen’s, then that’s an illness in itself and to them the symptoms are real

We need to stop judging people’s health on here it’s not okay!!

anyway...

In regards to her style I definitely agree her and Helen definitely try and act edgy and are just so mainstream as trendy. And I also think she has left her cat which is weird, I kinda want her to address it.

Reactions: 22
This isn’t okay for you to say about her RA diagnosis and to diagnose her with a mental health condition on a gossip forum. And I think you have her mixed up with someone else about being diagnosed via a private doctor as she was diagnosed with a rheumatologist which you get referred to via your NHS GP (I’ve literally been through the same process), she did not pay to go private. To have RA it’s diagnosed via blood test And xrays, and she even said recently her blood inflammation levels have gone up, and you can physically see her joint damage in her fingers and the bruising on her from the disease. It makes sense in the past that when she claimed she had CFS and those hand problems that it was actually symptoms of the RA and was just diagnosed wrongly due to symptom by symptom, something which happens a lot before getting an auto immune diagnosis.

And your comment about “iTs NoT oK fOr gRoWn WoMeN tO hiDe BeHiNd imaGinaRy IlLneSs’s” - if it is munchausen’s, then that’s an illness in itself and to them the symptoms are real

We need to stop judging people’s health on here it’s not okay!!

anyway...

In regards to her style I definitely agree her and Helen definitely try and act edgy and are just so mainstream as trendy. And I also think she has left her cat which is weird, I kinda want her to address it.
When she was living at home Lily said on her IG she went private. She also claimed to have scoliosis for years, her old vlogs from Brighton are still up where in some she blames scoliosis for not being able to work or get out of bed, where she mentions doctors appointments, medication and scoliosis symptoms. The same as she is doing now with RA. And RA wouldn’t be misdiagnosed or cure scoliosis.
People on here are speculating either way but Lily has previous form at lying about ill, non-existent dietary requirements and phobias. It would be interesting to see if she’s still talking about RA in a few years, as it will only get worse with age. And personally I think influencers using illnesses, real or not, is just dangerous to others mental health especially those who genuinely suffering from those illnesses.

Didn’t she get her cat the first time she lived in London? I can’t imagine having a pet for 5+ years and just leaving them behind.

Yeah she got the cat when she first moved, she seemed to love her so much so I can’t understand why she would leave them behind either?! She’s just done a Q&A maybe someone should ask 😅 I would but I have a lot of mutual friends with her (she’s from my hometown) so I don’t want to ask lol. I also am interested to know whether she’s in a house share as it appears to be that way!!

Lily said she’s living with her friend Daloni. They lived together the first time she lived in London and Lily had her cat then. I use a throwaway account on IG for influencers, I’ll ask her.

That’s so strange then as to why she didn’t take the cat if she’s living with the same girl. I really hope nothing happened to Aerys!!

Yes
I don’t know whyshe never took to YouTube it’s easy money and she had a good size audience! Now she’s just doing affiliate links 🙄 I’d love to know what she does every day. She seems to do even less than a youtuber now 😂 just amazes me she can afford to rent in London
Yes, me too. An honest day in the life of. I think she had a fairly nice easy pace to her day tbh.

I got the impression that cat was left in Ludlow, probably safer for ut there tbh especially if she had a garden there.

Regarding her scoliosis, if I recall correctly she claimef it was pretty mild in comparison to manh and although sje has a slight look of it, a very slight hunch only of you know to look for it, it is so slight that the nhs probably wouldn't have straightened her spine surgically. She seems much better after her sabitocal at her Mum's, whether ra or not something was up and now seems to be more under control. I'd loce a honest update - but that's unlikely. I fwel like we never know with Lily, sometimes she's open and friendly with her audience and other times she behaves like a mean girl at school.

Endometriosis? Cysts and pcos are frighteningly common so she could easily have one or a combo of these too. Unless she goes private it will be years before or even if she gets an answer. I used to wonder if that is why she went vegan, to manage her symptoms herself?

Back to her style, i would love her to go to a reddy cheasnut colour and bin the blonde, but as ahe recently paid for hair extensions i am guessing that the blonde is here to stay.

Lily blamed all her woes on scoliosis. Lily claimed she had to spend days in bed, couldn’t bend down to tie her shoelaces, had difficulty walking up the stairs in her flat, etc all because of scoliosis. If it was that bad she would have needed surgery. And her cat was a house/indoor cat so there are no excuses as to why she would abandon a pet after 5+ years.

I think the real reason Lily stopped doing Youtube was because Lily just wanted to make clothing hauls, to cash in on affiliate links, at a time when people were starting to become more aware to the ethical and environmental impact of fast fashion.
And she used to make grocery hauls and what I eat in a day videos whilst claiming to be gluten intolerant and vegan/plant based, then have a complete hissy fit when people would call her out on eating gluten and food that contained animal products.
Lily has never been able to deal with anything she perceived as negativity, which included people politely telling the food she was eating contained gluten or animal derivatives.

I agree dark hair suits her best, at least she got rid of the platinum blonde though it really did her no favours.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.