Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Also STILL fucking obsessed with being a 'scene kid'. You're in your thirties love. It's pathetic that this is your entire personality.
I worry for her with this tbh. She honestly could / should have been a Zoella level content creator and was really on the cusp of becoming that, and it all flopped for whatever reason. It must be like the Millennial woman’s equivalent of losing out on a professional football career due to injury. I can’t imagine the emotional effect of such a huge fall, I hope she’s in therapy tbh.

Reactions: 16

ktypage

Oh good, she is even snooty about shop bread now! Lily, some of us have real life jobs working 12 hrs a dayand still cannot afford the luxury of daily bake house sourdough, or have lost our jobs and need the cheapest food shops we can get or even use food banks… wake up and smell the privilege

Bilbo16

VIP Member
Absolutely thrilling content as always from Lils tonight. “I’ve had a filling and I dunno what to wear on Saturday”. I’ve followed her for SO LONG it actually feels weird to unfollow her at this point but I’m so over her. Maybe I need to just bite the bullet.
This is the stage I’m at now. She gives me nothing anymore. There’s only so many times I can see leopard print dresses and converses. She doesn’t even interact much with her following.

Artaud

One of my favourite cringe Lily moments was when she lived in Brighton and acted like she was the first person to discover Tapestery by Carole King, one of the best selling albums in the world. 🤦‍♀️

• Haha

under the ivy

VIP Member
I feel like it’s since Sarah Everard’s murder. She’s spoken about being catcalled, but in a really shitty narcissistic way.

Traazers

VIP Member
That sums it up for me. So she hasn’t bought anything she really loves in ages but is happy to shill any old tat to her followers via an affiliate link. That’s before you even consider the implications of so much overconsumption. I’ll admit I used to have a shopping problem, I’d buy clothes, not wear them and charity shop them, sometimes in the space of a couple of months. But even with all the awareness now of fast fashion and it’s negative impacts, Lily still feeds into it massively.
She has two main problems:
1) her “unique” style isn’t unique any more as the whole scene/grunge look is actually quite cool now (I no longer get called a goth for wearing DMs) but,
2) she doesn’t have the actual style required to make it look cool. Fashion has come back around and now could be her time to revive her look if she had any actual genuine style but as she is basically a walking “things from asos in black/leopard” lookbook, even I, who others (and me tbf) would describe my “look” as that (loads of the stuff she shows I already own) don’t find her remotely aspirational or cool as I can also just search “leopard” or any item in black on asos on my own. That combined with the fact that she comes across as so insincere with absolutely no interest in actually engaging with her audience does not a good influencer make.

Does anyone know of any mildly alt influencers/fashion gals while we’re here?

85duckpuddle

Did anyone else think it actually made a really nice change to see some photos from her hometown and her family wedding? And what she was up to? Added a bit of actual personality and depth to her Instagram and gave us a 10 minute break from the relentless "affiliate link" posts

Also I'm not sad that she's lost the rusty tarnished copper coloured "L" necklace I have to say

I do love the brown check shirt though, I'd have that on all the time too!

larabrn

These influencers must think we’re all fucking daft. It’s such a coincidence that pretty much every question involved some kind off aff link as the answer. Absolutely no shame.

Reactions: 15

fadedglow

It's always the same questions in her Q&As. Something about her hair, her favourite jeans, her style inspiration and if she's ever going to do YouTube again. We've heard it all before lol. The way she answers some of her questions comes across needlessly passive aggressive and she needs to learn to double check for spelling and typos. I know being an influencer isn't a typical work setting, but c'mon, take a little pride and care in what you do.

OppositeFeature

Chatty Member
It's just pathetic how she takes pictures of random things in her room to add in affiliate links or then 'STILL MY FAVOURITE OVERSIZE TEE' with an aff link, followed by swipe ups for all this other random shit she likes/would wear with it.

It's not content, it's just cashing out with zero effort.

She doesn't share any other content besides maybe going to Ikea - how long can this last for her??

hhhhhh

She literally spends her days eye fucking herself.. what a life 😂

Also just saw this on her twitter 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

20210127_133531.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha

hhhhhh

She hasn't purchased a pair of trainers since 2015 🤔 do we have different definitions of trainers hun as I'm sure she buys a new pair every week?

Pettyprep

Emo klaxon has just gone off 😂
There's nothing quite as emo as buying all your band tees from nasty Gal or pll. Oh wait...

• Haha

insectoverlords

Anyone feel like she’s weirdly defensive about her house share situation? Whenever she gets asked to show more about where she lives in Q&A she’s almost aggressive about ‘it is other people’s home too’. I don’t think her followers want to see her mates sock drawer, but I think showing their kitchen or even the hallway with her ‘closet‘ wouldn’t really show off any private super secret details unless they’ve got 5 bongs drying on the dish rack lol.

I don’t live in the UK but I have friends from uni days that are in their late 20s/early 30s in houseshares and it seems normal! Lily could show her hallway closet situation and I think it would be more relatable than most of the other shit she talks about! Embracing her life with house mates would also be more relatable than banging on about how she was gonna buy a house but then didn’t and acting as if living in a London flat is a punishment...

I guess she is comparing herself to how everyone else owns a house from her blogging days but that’s life. She acted holier than thou about doing YouTube, had some bad luck with health But then you can’t act like you’re entitled to be super influential after all that.

Aside from her shitty content of just swipe up links to screenshots on Asos, it really doesn’t help she’s so aggressive about her followers being interested in her London life. She has nothing else to offer! Does she not realise that?

Rant over 😬
She's always had a skill for making out that people are creeps for asking to see her home decor or pretty much anything about her that she doesn't want to disclose as if her entire livelihood isn't based on selling her own life as aspirational.

hrh89

VIP Member
Yes she definitely thinks she’s above the regular influencer with her oh so different style 😂 she literally wears band tees and chunky boots like every other girl. She does have a weird complex where she thinks she’s alternative much like her annoying friend Zoe DJ or whatever the heck her name is