Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
Pleased for her that her health is much better, but I think she’s still missing her style mojo from a quick peruse of her Instagram (or maybe I’ve just moved way on from that kind of look these days!)

Reactions: 1

Bilbo16

VIP Member
ASOS give influencers vouchers for a lot of the purchases they make, I've seen smaller influencers admit this so the larger ones are definitely getting it too.
That’s what I assumed. That there was some kind of monthly allowance or something. That definitely makes sense!

Punchface

VIP Member
Is that how the hairdresser is styling it? The drive looks really choppy and blunt, like she’s cut it herself
Wtf that’s exactly what I said, thought that your comment was my comment! I genuinely think she’s done it herself, the ends of her fringe look like a classic self-cut fringe - and I can’t imagine a hairdresser would style it like that, they’d use a big round brush, that’s clearly been (badly) done with straighteners

Bilbo16

VIP Member
I have no problem if this is how she wants to make money. My personal opinion as a fellow 30 something is just how the eff is this sustainable? Is she going to be doing affiliate links when she’s 40? 50? How is she saving for the future and “retirement”? These are all things people should be thinking and planning for in their 30s (honestly, sooner IMO, but I may be extra manic/panicky about the future so maybe that’s just a me thing haha). I just don’t get how this is a viable “career” in 1 year, 2 years, 5 years, etc. I’m not trying to shame her or anyone, I genuinely am curious. Because it gives me literal panic seeing her entire day just 500 stories of the same make up over and over again and fluorescent neon barf eye shadow and 500 more stories about a mirror she broke and repurchased 5 times. There is more to life............
This is totally how I feel. If it’s working for her then great, but will it still be working in a years time?

101d

VIP Member
Her hair looks very broken... needs a cut!! Or might just be because it's messy lol

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
Lily blamed all her woes on scoliosis. Lily claimed she had to spend days in bed, couldn’t bend down to tie her shoelaces, had difficulty walking up the stairs in her flat, etc all because of scoliosis. If it was that bad she would have needed surgery. And her cat was a house/indoor cat so there are no excuses as to why she would abandon a pet after 5+ years.

I think the real reason Lily stopped doing Youtube was because Lily just wanted to make clothing hauls, to cash in on affiliate links, at a time when people were starting to become more aware to the ethical and environmental impact of fast fashion.
And she used to make grocery hauls and what I eat in a day videos whilst claiming to be gluten intolerant and vegan/plant based, then have a complete hissy fit when people would call her out on eating gluten and food that contained animal products.
Lily has never been able to deal with anything she perceived as negativity, which included people politely telling the food she was eating contained gluten or animal derivatives.

I agree dark hair suits her best, at least she got rid of the platinum blonde though it really did her no favours.
Yes, she was always fairly prickly in response to any feedback given you're right. I remember one video where she was saying we (viewers) think we know her, but she doesn't know us and rhe impaction was she didn't wish to, she just wanted to profit from our participation with her channel - but, participation at a distance thank you very much.

I liked her vids though, more than i disliked them and felt she had a good editing style but was less keen on her just sitting down and talking to camera. I enjoyed her brief foray into vlogs and her wieiad but you're right about her plant based diet being shakey at times (pringles/creme eggs) most people new to plant based eating welcome help from old hands about foods that you would assume at first glance to be vegan that aren't.

Surprised she isn't seeing any of zoe london now she's back.

Pettyprep

Sorry I deffo meant to quote the pic with the edited hands and wrists 😑. It is really not a good message to others, if you post in support of loving every body but then edit your own photos to look thinner then you clearly only think one type of body looks good.

Bilbo16

VIP Member
I definitely remember the latex thing. Didn’t she mention it when she was briefly vlogging?

Lasuzie98

I have no problem if this is how she wants to make money. My personal opinion as a fellow 30 something is just how the eff is this sustainable? Is she going to be doing affiliate links when she’s 40? 50? How is she saving for the future and “retirement”? These are all things people should be thinking and planning for in their 30s (honestly, sooner IMO, but I may be extra manic/panicky about the future so maybe that’s just a me thing haha). I just don’t get how this is a viable “career” in 1 year, 2 years, 5 years, etc. I’m not trying to shame her or anyone, I genuinely am curious. Because it gives me literal panic seeing her entire day just 500 stories of the same make up over and over again and fluorescent neon barf eye shadow and 500 more stories about a mirror she broke and repurchased 5 times. There is more to life............
This is what I meant but didn't word it aswell

I didn’t realise she took a year off and going through her feed she’s been active all through 2019 and 2020 — am I missing something?

Edit: nevermind lol you just meant she moved back home for a year.
She did take time off but it was a while back - I think when she first moved home just after she got ill, maybe? She just kinda dropped off YT and social media for a bit but posted sporadically here and there.

Punchface

VIP Member
She’s had her fringe trimmed again, why is it cut so badly? I’d swear she cut it herself, it’s so blunt and choppy but not at allll in a good way

Fofoca

Chatty Member
Anyone go to the event to meet Lily/the others? I didn’t recognise any of the other names and just follow Lily out of misplaced nostalgia. Really surprised she’d agree to take part!

Lasuzie98

I don’t understand it. Can anyone with good maths work it out ? 😂 like surely people aren’t even that stupid to swipe up on aff link these days ? If I like something they recommend I just search for it myself rather than giving these influencers my £££
When I was a doing it last year, not a big bloggee at all, but I know most the aff programmes were between 5 - 15%. Some friends made few hundred over a few months.

SpiceRack

Has she had a lot of work done on her face? Apart from her lips, her face wasn't moving when she was speaking in her stories today?

Orangesocks182

Yeah so bad and heavy for your hair, the same thing happened to me a few years ago. She should just get clip ins and let her hair breathe for a bit 🙃