lifewithjadeedwards #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The newborn stage is the easiest in the terms of the baby just eats and sleeps. It’s tough and you’re in pain from the birth but the baby doesn’t actually do much. I think Jade is struggling because she probably didn’t do any research and just thought she’d have a little ‘Dolly’ to play dress up with and get some freebies. I have teenagers now and when you look back, each stage is challenging in its own ways but I’d 100% say the newborn stage is the easiest.
Give me a newborn any day my youngest is 18months and my goodness it’s draining 😩

Reactions: 5
I disagree that the newborn stage is the easiest - it’s extremely challenging! The baby sleeps but only on you, if breastfeeding your nipples feel like they are being tortured until they toughen up, there is little response from the baby such a smiles or giggles, they are unable to play independently, it takes so long to get everything together to get out the house and your hormones are an absolute nightmare. It is wonderful and amazing to have your little baby finally in your arms but let’s not discredit how challenging it can also be! I think Jade is probably also struggling with the fact that she is not the centre of attention anymore and she can’t just lay in bed/on the sofa
What do you think is the easiest stage then? Id much prefer a newborn to a lunatic toddler 🤣

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
What do you think is the easiest stage then? Id much prefer a newborn to a lunatic toddler 🤣
My little one is 10 months now and I’d take the last 3 months over the first 3 months no problem! I thoroughly enjoy our days and rarely have challenging ones. Maybe it’s just down to individual babies, parents, family help, experience etc. Being in lockdown with a newborn versus being able to go out and about with a baby now probably also contributed to my experience. I also think as babies/children get older you can forget how tough it was at the time and people telling you it’s the ‘easiest’ point is not helpful.

I’ve also helped raise two step sons for the last 8 years who are now teenagers and I’d say these teenage years are ‘easier’ than the 8-12 year old years, but I’m sure others will disagree. It’s all subjective really.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My little one is 10 months now and I’d take the last 3 months over the first 3 months no problem! I thoroughly enjoy our days and rarely have challenging ones. Maybe it’s just down to individual babies, parents, family help, experience etc. Being in lockdown with a newborn versus being able to go out and about with a baby now probably also contributed to my experience. I also think as babies/children get older you can forget how tough it was at the time and people telling you it’s the ‘easiest’ point is not helpful.

I’ve also helped raise two step sons for the last 8 years who are now teenagers and I’d say these teenage years are ‘easier’ than the 8-12 year old years, but I’m sure others will disagree. It’s all subjective really.
We all have different experiences anyway. You mentioned in your last comment about newborns only sleeping on you, I never had that. My daughter happily slept in her Moses basket and next to me. Slept through from an early age, didn’t really cry unless she was tired.
So for me personally yes it was the easiest stage. why shouldnt I say it was the easiest stage? Just because others have had it rough. That isn’t my personal experience so 🤷‍♀️
and I think that’s what others have said also, the newborn was the easiest stage for them

Reactions: 4
I have 2 and honestly first 3 months is always a relief to be over even as second time mum who knew what I was doing it was still completely tiring & emotional. Give me a toddler anyday at least they sleep 7-7 so you have some down time after being busy with them all day there isn’t much respite with a newborn.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I have 2 and honestly first 3 months is always a relief to be over even as second time mum who knew what I was doing it was still completely tiring & emotional. Give me a toddler anyday at least they sleep 7-7 so you have some down time after being busy with them all day there isn’t much respite with a newborn.
do they!? Can you teach mine please!? 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
do they!? Can you teach mine please!? 🤣🤣
This is a prime example that we all experience it different!

Each stage has its challenges. Each stage some will find easier than others. Main thing is we all have the support we all need and are being the best mum/dad We can be. 🥰

as for Jade, I think this will have been a much bigger shock than she anticipated. I do hope she has support around her to help her if she’s struggling and that Rhod is also getting support.

Tbh Rhod Is shell shocked, labour is probably the most amount of time he’s seen Jades vag in their whole relationship

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Her battered fanny with an unkempt bush post birth would’ve been like looking into a mirror for Rhod.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
They sleep 7-7 🤣🤣🤣🤣 that cracked me up!

• Haha
My toddlers did not get the 7-7 memo!!!
I must be lucky then mine both slept well which even though was tiring in the day was a lot easier than having a collicky newborn who’s up with you all night and screams as soon as you sit down to eat tea 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 1

Definitely down the individual. I HATED the newborn days- colic, reflux, a baby that would only sleep on me or whilst in a moving vehicle, PND…..I’d take a savage toddler any day of the week 🤣🤣

Reactions: 3
Off topic but to add to this discussion, would definitely say I love being a mum now to my little girl (she's 18 months). I suffered horribly mentally during the first 6-9 months, due to colic and lack of sleep and generally, a miserable baby. She's a dream now. But yes it's all relative!
I imagine if Jade is anything like me, she is completely shellshocked. I admit I had no idea how hard it would be and I didn't go to antenatal classes so I was clueless. Think it's hella rude though to not even come on occasionally and let her followers know how it's going, when she was Beggy Mitchell throughout her pregnancy.

Has the baby died? She’s never come back since she was pregnant which was ages ago now. Very sad if so 😢

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Looking back, the newborn stage was the easiest because they get more energetic and challenging, but the newborn stage isn’t actually easy for many people. Hindsight is wonderful but comparing it to pregnancy, the newborn stage is brutal. Just because it gets more difficult, doesn’t mean it’s not difficult to cope with at the time.

Has the baby died? She’s never come back since she was pregnant which was ages ago now. Very sad if so 😢
She posted a story to say the baby had arrived safe and she would be back eventually (I guess when she needs some freebies) (she didn’t word it very well, it was very triggering & it was a good few weeks after the birth)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.