Life With Oaks & Olive #2 Everything I am, I am just for the ‘gram

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think there’s any evidence to show that she’s been negative to Oakley directly about school. Unless he is popping on to insta to read her updates, he’s probably non the wiser. He presents as a happy and confident child, speech delay or not. He’s obviously loved and engages with peers well based on what she has posted. He will probably love school! I’m emotional about my child starting school because it’s the end of an era. It’s just a reminder that they are growing up and I find that difficult as o know that they won’t always need us so much and as much as that’s really rewarding to see... it’s also emotional, as life then becomes less flexible. You can’t take them out of pre school to the beach just because you feel like it, and for many people it’s the end of holidays abroad etc if that’s what they have been used to. I completely get why she is feeling like this, and don’t see anything wrong with her kids having a ‘leisurely’ life style - before thins become more scheduled.

Reactions: 6
It’s basically just ANOTHER thing she can milk to death on insta- her life is so boring that every little thing needs to become a full blown drama.

Reactions: 5
I’m sure she was crying in the car about him going to school while he was sat in the back seat.

Reactions: 5
I don’t think there’s any evidence to show that she’s been negative to Oakley directly about school. Unless he is popping on to insta to read her updates, he’s probably non the wiser. He presents as a happy and confident child, speech delay or not. He’s obviously loved and engages with peers well based on what she has posted. He will probably love school! I’m emotional about my child starting school because it’s the end of an era. It’s just a reminder that they are growing up and I find that difficult as o know that they won’t always need us so much and as much as that’s really rewarding to see... it’s also emotional, as life then becomes less flexible. You can’t take them out of pre school to the beach just because you feel like it, and for many people it’s the end of holidays abroad etc if that’s what they have been used to. I completely get why she is feeling like this, and don’t see anything wrong with her kids having a ‘leisurely’ life style - before thins become more scheduled.
She talked on stories about how he would try to comfort her when she was sad about it. She definitely shows him she's upset. She also said she 'ugly cried' when they met his teacher.

I'm with you on the leisurely lifestyle when it comes to fun activities and holidays, but it seems the leisure is more for her (lie ins, cake & coffee) than for the kids.

Nah she was whinging in the car about him starting school before.

“He engages with peers well based on what she has posted.”
Can you give an example? As I have serious doubts that what Ainsley posts is actually 100% genuine. The only time I have seen Oakley interacting is answering closed questions 🤷🏻‍♀️

Nah she was whinging in the car about him starting school before.

“He engages with peers well based on what she has posted.”
Can you give an example? As I have serious doubts that what Ainsley posts is actually 100% genuine. The only time I have seen Oakley interacting is answering closed questions 🤷🏻‍♀️

Interacts well with his peers. I’ve been at soft play when he was there and he pushed my nephew down the slide whilst screeching at home? What peers exactly? Her little insta mums?
Her children act like they are feral. This is from someone who lives close to her and I see first hand.

Reactions: 7
well, obviously none of us can say for sure - seeing as we only see snapshots of their lives - but he’s often with his cousins, for example... and she’s mentioned their bond. It’s hardly like she keeps him locked away from the world. Or sticks him in front of the tv all day - they are typically out and about, and mixing with others kids. I joined this thread feeling equally irritated, but one reason I followed her in the first place was because I felt like she did quite a lot with her children and it inspired me to get out. And when I had had a shocker of a day as a new mum, there was something quite reassuring about her - she has never claimed to be the perfect parent. Unfortunately her account has moved away from this slightly and now is focused on driving a market that I have zero interest in.

In terms of his development, we don’t know whether he is behind or not. No one here can judge this accurately. Maybe after a few weeks of term his teacher can make an assessment, but for the first year I’m sure they won’t be writing essays and calculating pie anyway. Not to mention those children joining who will have recently just turned 4, statistically they will be the most likely to be ‘behind’ if we are going to go down that toxic and unhelp route of labelling and comparison. All children develop at different rates. Admittedly he isn’t the most articulate child on camera, but again - you can’t really accurately state whether he is behind or not based on that alone.

Personally I would have my child in a pre school setting as I think that would make the transition to school easier. But don’t you think the labelling of him as behind is quite presumptious, given that we have only seen glimpses of his behaviour.

Lol if you judged the character of someone based on how they behaved at the age of 3, or however old he was then, society would have no hope.

Hope your nephew has recovered.

Reactions: 2
She said on her story she was proof reading before posting her blog post, I’ve had a quick read through and it doesn’t seem it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
well, obviously none of us can say for sure - seeing as we only see snapshots of their lives - but he’s often with his cousins, for example... and she’s mentioned their bond. It’s hardly like she keeps him locked away from the world. Or sticks him in front of the tv all day - they are typically out and about, and mixing with others kids. I joined this thread feeling equally irritated, but one reason I followed her in the first place was because I felt like she did quite a lot with her children and it inspired me to get out. And when I had had a shocker of a day as a new mum, there was something quite reassuring about her - she has never claimed to be the perfect parent. Unfortunately her account has moved away from this slightly and now is focused on driving a market that I have zero interest in.

In terms of his development, we don’t know whether he is behind or not. No one here can judge this accurately. Maybe after a few weeks of term his teacher can make an assessment, but for the first year I’m sure they won’t be writing essays and calculating pie anyway. Not to mention those children joining who will have recently just turned 4, statistically they will be the most likely to be ‘behind’ if we are going to go down that toxic and unhelp route of labelling and comparison. All children develop at different rates. Admittedly he isn’t the most articulate child on camera, but again - you can’t really accurately state whether he is behind or not based on that alone.

Personally I would have my child in a pre school setting as I think that would make the transition to school easier. But don’t you think the labelling of him as behind is quite presumptious, given that we have only seen glimpses of his behaviour.

Lol if you judged the character of someone based on how they behaved at the age of 3, or however old he was then, society would have no hope.

Hope your nephew has recovered.
Seen/heard him in real life. Behaviour and speech is appalling and quite shocking.

Reactions: 1
PRESS TRIP????? She sounds the bleeping farmer's wife with her constant #presstrip.... Ainsley, you aren't "press" hun for god's sake :rolleyes::rolleyes:😩

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Press for what publishing house...? 😑

There are a few rules in life that I generally stick by and so far they’ve been helpful.

1. Those who speak about money/what they have, generally don’t have as much as they’d like you to think.

2. Those who say they are very smart, very intelligent- generally aren’t.

Those rules are simple, you don’t need to say what you have or who are because it usually comes across in the way you are!

For arguments sake and the purpose of this post. I am a highly intelligent (by societies standard) in regards to academia (I have two degrees and a PhD) - although you’ll never catch me saying I’m smart or intelligent.
I also come from a family who has money and I NEVER talk about money, I never post about it I never elude to it...

I don’t understand why this Instagram culture is about talking about what you have etc everyone knows it’s fake and the reason it’s fake is because everyone deep down knows, if you have it, you don’t talk about it.

She is the cliché of talking about things to make herself seem more successful than she is.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Press for what publishing house...? 😑

There are a few rules in life that I generally stick by and so far they’ve been helpful.

1. Those who speak about money/what they have, generally don’t have as much as they’d like you to think.

2. Those who say they are very smart, very intelligent- generally aren’t.

Those rules are simple, you don’t need to say what you have or who are because it usually comes across in the way you are!

For arguments sake and the purpose of this post. I am a highly intelligent (by societies standard) in regards to academia (I have two degrees and a PhD) - although you’ll never catch me saying I’m smart or intelligent.
I also come from a family who has money and I NEVER talk about money, I never post about it I never elude to it...

I don’t understand why this Instagram culture is about talking about what you have etc everyone knows it’s fake and the reason it’s fake is because everyone deep down knows, if you have it, you don’t talk about it.

She is the cliché of talking about things to make herself seem more successful than she is.
DAMN STRAIGHT.

I also have 2 degrees. From relatively humble beginnings we are now a family with kids in private school, land/horses, nice "prestige" cars etc.

Guess what never gets shown on my own IG?!

You can't buy class, but judging by our Ainsleys background, she's going to try if it kills her 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.