Life With Oaks & Olive #2 Everything I am, I am just for the ‘gram

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’ll also have to go back to a proper job once she doesn’t have the days off with kids anymore won’t she!

Reactions: 4
She’ll also have to go back to a proper job once she doesn’t have the days off with kids anymore won’t she!
You mean...putting on a market 2 or 3 times a year, eating cake, and influencing people to visit Cornwall ISN'T a proper job??? I'm shooketh.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
It rubs me up the wrong way all the pet/nicknames she has for everything. Just speak properly ffs. ‘Nana great’ ‘Mamar’ 🤮🤮🤮 I’m sure she does it so she comes across as endearing. It does the opposite for me. She is so boring and unlikeable to me, and she has NO personality!
“Mamar” is a pet hate of mine. Teach your children to say Grandma.

Reactions: 8
I’ve unfollowed and I feel so much better 😂

And as for ‘mamar’ I think that’s personal preference. Always called my mums mum ‘mama’

Reactions: 1
“Little did we know there was a tiny acorn turning into a mighty oak in my belly”

Why does she talk like this it literally makes me cringe so much I feel sick! :sick:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
“Little did we know there was a tiny acorn turning into a mighty oak in my belly”

Why does she talk like this it literally makes me cringe so much I feel sick! :sick:
There is also nothing ‘mighty’ about Oakley. Wonder what cringey thing she will say about Olive.
‘Little did I realise I had a craving’ 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
There is also nothing ‘mighty’ about Oakley. Wonder what cringey thing she will say about Olive.
‘Little did I realise I had a craving’ 😂😂😂
Hahahaha!! “Little did I know there was a little seed growing into a full blown cheese board with Italian meats, crackers and the sassiest Olive’s you ever did see” 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Hahahaha!! “Little did I know there was a little seed growing into a full blown cheese board with Italian meats, crackers and the sassiest Olive’s you ever did see” 😂😂

Brilliant!!!

Apparently part of her 5 year plan is to take the kids on an Italian adventure.... 🙄🙄 nothing to do with the fact that every other person on insta is going to the Amalfi coast then Ains? Poor Positano, it used to be stunning, I went there in 2006 when I finished Uni and it was quiet.... all I see now is flocks of people and loads of touristy stuff.....apparently residents have had to leave and move further in land because of the sheer volume of people. Give it 10 years and it will calm down again.
My husband and I have been to Rome twice but we probably wouldn’t take out 5 and 2 year old there yet....it’s busy and very touristy and quite grown up. She’s better off sticking to Cornwall.... or what about a cheap camping holiday in France or something? Probably doesn’t have the same appeal on insta though 😆

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Brilliant!!!

Apparently part of her 5 year plan is to take the kids on an Italian adventure.... 🙄🙄 nothing to do with the fact that every other person on insta is going to the Amalfi coast then Ains? Poor Positano, it used to be stunning, I went there in 2006 when I finished Uni and it was quiet.... all I see now is flocks of people and loads of touristy stuff.....apparently residents have had to leave and move further in land because of the sheer volume of people. Give it 10 years and it will calm down again.
My husband and I have been to Rome twice but we probably wouldn’t take out 5 and 2 year old there yet....it’s busy and very touristy and quite grown up. She’s better off sticking to Cornwall.... or what about a cheap camping holiday in France or something? Probably doesn’t have the same appeal on insta though 😆
Oh god- dont give her ideas!! She will act like she's discovered France and will bleat on about influencing people to go there, even though she will only post pics of generic countryside, ice cream and her hiding behind her husband or children.

Reactions: 5
Her 5 year plans don't sound very ambitious, except for the house. For her markets, it's just 'increase the amount of them'. Then it's some travel and staying married.

What about: being able to run 10k, own a house, making enough out of my business so that my husband can work normal hours and I can treat my children to a vacation to Italy, expanding the markets into an actual original brand that I built myself.

Reactions: 9
I don’t understand why she’s so upset about ‘handing him over to school’ when she been happy enough for him to spend full days at a childminder for the last few years. Like others have said I think she realises how behind he is and how much she’s going to struggle getting up for the school run everyday 😂

Reactions: 6
I don’t understand why she’s so upset about ‘handing him over to school’ when she been happy enough for him to spend full days at a childminder for the last few years. Like others have said I think she realises how behind he is and how much she’s going to struggle getting up for the school run everyday 😂
Does she understand it’s just a few hours a day? She’s talking like she’s handing him over forever?? Such dramatics about something that every single child has to do. 🙄

Reactions: 4
She’s not putting a very positive outlook on school for him either, he will pick up on that 🙄

Reactions: 5
I expect she's had flexibility with a child minder, suspect this is why he hasn't been to nursery/preschool. School hours are school hours.

She has already highlighted how expensive it is to have holidays during school holidays. Tbh, I thought this was common knowledge as parents have moaned about it for years, so I dont know why she's so shocked.

He does appear to not be quite with the majority of his age group in terms of speech etc, however he is unlikely to be the only one and he will get the input he needs at school. Having only ever been at a child minder with a very small number of others, I expect him being in a class of 20-30 is daunting to her.

She's created a very slow, leisurely lifestyle for her and the kids. She is probably dreading school runs, reading with him, etc etc.

She shouldn't be projecting this Oakley. I know lots of parents who've found the transition to school really emotional but they've been upbeat about it to their children. She's being really selfish.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.