Life with Oaks and Olive

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ainsley said on her stories earlier that 4 books only cost £23- only!!? Does everyone else think that was a bargain, coz I sure as hell don’t pay over £5 for a book. I always stock up when the works have 10 for £10 😕 It sure is expensive being an instamum
I thought this too!!! What a bargain for 4 books that have been used / damaged. Not! I too pick up the ones from the works or get some decent ones from Asda which are always on 2 for £10 like the Julia Donaldson ones.

And fair enough if they were thick books that would last a while but the first one looked crap with only a few words. She’s just trying to keep up an appearance 🙄

Reactions: 2
I get mine on eBay! Usually wordery ; lovely board books in normally very good condition!!

Dunno how she doesn’t get tired of all these appearances. I’m normally sweating by the time I get my toddler to semi pose for ONE picture every blue moon. 😅😂😂😂

Do you reckon she’s started saving for a house because of the comments about renting on this thread? 😂

Reactions: 3
I don't understand why she is even talking about this if it is a couple of years away - I could understand if they were house hunting right now - It's exciting stuff - but they are gonna try and buy a house in the next couple of year, anddddd??? So what?

Reactions: 7
😂 I work in a bank. She’s had a meeting to open up a savings account in which you can only put in £200 pm.

Going to be longer than 2 years you actual muppet 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
With them both being self employed with two kids.... best of British luck. Need at least two years worth of books.. 200 quid a month she will be at it least 5 years 😂😂

I’ve been saving for two years at £200 a month, so £400 with me and my partner & we’ve got at least another 2/3 years to go to be comfortable 😂😂😩😩 will somebody tell her??

Reactions: 4
Granted I don’t know much about mortgages as I rent and haven’t looked into it but £200 a month for 2 years isn’t even £5000. That’s not enough deposit to put on a (minimum of 3 bedroom) house is it surely?

You need at least 10,000 deposit unless they are wanting to get a 95% mortgage which you have to earn a decent wage for. Me and my partner are able to save up 1000 a month between us, but we both have good jobs and no children. Will still take us the year and it’s two bed we are buying. She’s dreaming! As ontop you need legal fees and also money if the property requires work.. judging on the ages of the property that’s she’s looking at it, they will require work.

Not sure why she is so quick to advertise this, when she's just started the journey to save towards it. My hub and I rent, and we know we won't be able to start saving until our youngest (who's still cooking inside me lol) turns like 2 or 3. And we work, and have good jobs etc. Why would she leave her job when they wanted to start looking towards being homeowners?

Not boss babe thinking if you ask me.

Reactions: 5
Do you reckon she’s started saving for a house because of the comments about renting on this thread? 😂

One MILLION percent!

She’s DREAMING unless her husband is on 50K plus or she’s gonna get some help from family. It’s not just the deposit Ainsley, it’s affordability- the bank need to see how much you earn and maybe even more importantly..... how much you spend and on what. You’re gonna have to tighten those purse strings my love. Granted we live in Hampshire and the house prices are little more pricey in the South but we needed at least 20’000 in savings to get a semi- decent interest rate for our 3 bedroom mid-terrace.
She is away with the fairies if she thinks she’s gonna be Lady of the Manor in that Wysteria Cottage! 😂

Get back to us when you’re moving in Boss Bae.

Reactions: 7
Granted I don’t know much about mortgages as I rent and haven’t looked into it but £200 a month for 2 years isn’t even £5000. That’s not enough deposit to put on a (minimum of 3 bedroom) house is it surely?
Don't know much about house prices in her area but I would guess they would be looking at a house priced between £140k-200k for minimum 3 bedrooms depending on house style/area. We are currently sorting out a new mortgage offer so we can move, I'm in a well paid full-time job and my other half is self-employed, we have 2 children the same ages as Ainsley's - we are jumping through hoops for this mortgage, the equity in our current home will be our deposit and think we are looking at a mortgage offer of no more than £180k! She's dreaming!!!

My other half does the same job as him and when we first looked at buying we were only offered a £70k mortgage despite him earning £50k and having a £12k deposit because he was self employed. We had to jump through hoops and pay a mortgage advisor a hefty sum to be able to borrow what we wanted but it wasn’t as easy as Ainsley thinks it will be.

We also had to buy a house that wasn’t instaworthy but it got us on the property ladder.

The cakes are gifted it’s her friends business :rolleyes: as if he wanted that cake - how selfish of her! She could have probably ditched the cake anyway...she’s doubled in size since her wedding. Not a bad thing, just something she should be open about

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.