Life with Oaks and Olive

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s has opened a HTB ISA not a HTB mortgage.

The maximum government contribution is 3k not 12k and they could have one each so Max 6k contribution

She’s has opened a HTB ISA not a HTB mortgage.

The maximum government contribution is 3k not 12k and they could have one each so Max 6k contribution

You would have to save £12,000 to get the maximum £3000 contribution. I just worded it differently 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 1
When I watch Oakley, I do think he might be a late developer but probably not an actual learning disability. It’s hard to gauge these things though from afar, just before my little boy started school last year he was definitely a little more forward but then every child is different so hopefully school will do him good.

I do wonder how much time she has for the children- she posts lots of pictures of them all doing things but we know that’s not ‘proper’ one on one bonding when she’s trying to take pictures & get an insta shot every 5 minutes. They must think her phone is glued to her hand.

I hardly ever see her out with them in the park or in a forest/ countryside having a walk etc they are always in a shopping centre or Costa or she’s trying to get a Wagamamas down their necks. My two hate going into town / supermarket shopping etc and I try not to take them if I can really help it ( of course sometimes you can’t help it) but it’s not really quality time- poor olive falling asleep in that car/buggy thing a couple of weeks back.

For someone who is trying to promote herself as an ‘insta-mum’ she doesn’t post a lot of valuable content about being a mum/ bringing up children etc- her posts are mainly showcasing what she has bought them/ bought herself etc- it’s all very materialistic.
I do wonder if this comes back to her not being massively intelligent though- I know she went to Uni, so did I, but you really don’t have to be a genius to do a degree these days- she doesn’t seem to be the sharpest tool in the tool-box.

Reactions: 15
I think after her little girl was born, she mentioned Oakley having regressed with his speech etc, and they were going to be doing some sort of speech therapy with him, I don't think she posted much after that regarding his progress, maybe one or two posts.

I agree, lovely pictures of her children, but it's all from shopping, or posing in front a wall, or by some flowers blah blah.

Totally agree @VintageC she doesn't come across very eloquent (not that one has to be), but the constant grammar and spelling errors and just her general deportment seem a bit like rough.....

Considering she's now boss babe extrordinare, I thought she mightttttttt be spending more time with her little ones especially her biggest before he goes to big school. But then again how often we do see any of these ridiculous insta-mums ACTUALLY doing activities with their little ones, playing with them, doing anything remotely playful / educational. Not many, considering they love the likes and kudos. :rolleyes::unsure:

Reactions: 3
When I watch Oakley, I do think he might be a late developer but probably not an actual learning disability. It’s hard to gauge these things though from afar, just before my little boy started school last year he was definitely a little more forward but then every child is different so hopefully school will do him good.

I do wonder how much time she has for the children- she posts lots of pictures of them all doing things but we know that’s not ‘proper’ one on one bonding when she’s trying to take pictures & get an insta shot every 5 minutes. They must think her phone is glued to her hand.

I hardly ever see her out with them in the park or in a forest/ countryside having a walk etc they are always in a shopping centre or Costa or she’s trying to get a Wagamamas down their necks. My two hate going into town / supermarket shopping etc and I try not to take them if I can really help it ( of course sometimes you can’t help it) but it’s not really quality time- poor olive falling asleep in that car/buggy thing a couple of weeks back.

For someone who is trying to promote herself as an ‘insta-mum’ she doesn’t post a lot of valuable content about being a mum/ bringing up children etc- her posts are mainly showcasing what she has bought them/ bought herself etc- it’s all very materialistic.
I do wonder if this comes back to her not being massively intelligent though- I know she went to Uni, so did I, but you really don’t have to be a genius to do a degree these days- she doesn’t seem to be the sharpest tool in the tool-box.
🙌🏻 I can confirm she’s a bit dim... after being at school with her! She did an art degree.......
I think she would like to think she’s a lot more intelligent then she actually is!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
🙌🏻 I can confirm she’s a bit dim... after being at school with her! She did an art degree.......
I think she would like to think she’s a lot more intelligent then she actually is!
She always comes across as dim but trying to sound intellectual?

Reactions: 6
I think hes just under developed for his age, which isn't surprising seen as whenever she does a story, the kids are glued in front of the telly. Whether that be breakfast, lunch, afternoon or night time. Children develop there speech from communicating with their parents and peers. But he doesn't go to a playgroup or preschool, and his mother and father always seem to be on their phones and that cant leave a lot of time for conversations.
I cant imagine the amount of time she loses with her kids while being online. She needs to get her priorities straight.
I have always wondered that as well?

Reactions: 4
I’m a little unsure - he still has a dummy and that affects speech. Having said that when he was a baby he never had one?

Reactions: 1
I’m a little unsure - he still has a dummy and that affects speech. Having said that when he was a baby he never had one?
That's strange! I never noticed before but you are right. Why give a child a dummy when they're older, surely they'll get more attached that way??

Reactions: 2
That's strange! I never noticed before but you are right. Why give a child a dummy when they're older, surely they'll get more attached that way??
Well obviously it's becusssssss she doesn't want to waste time parenting her children properly when she could be spending it on the 'gram, posting pics of pretty fings!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Well obviously it's becusssssss she doesn't want to waste time parenting her children properly when she could be spending it on the 'gram, posting pics of pretty fings!
Yes, or moving her plant pot in and out of the house 🙄

New thread suggestion: You move the plant pot in, you move the plant pot out, in, out, in, out, the ‘gram is what it’s all about...

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I think he probably always had a dummy she just never pictured it as it wasn’t ‘insta worthy’

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I'm starting to find it harder to watch on stories. My youngest child is younger than Oakley but has been singing, talking etc since he was 18 months. He's been totally coherent since 2 and now he's 3 regularly has full blown conversations with every adult he meets 😂 he knows his alphabet, all his letters (L is for lamb, and L is for lemon! Etc). He loves preschool and is a delight - but I still don't plaster him all over my IG. I'm struggling to understand why someone would show their bad parenting and the resulting backward child all over the gram 😕

Reactions: 6
I never noticed before, but for someone with 30k+ followers, she only ever gets a handful of comments on her pics and not that many likes? Has she bought followers?

Reactions: 7
Seriously. I went to Costco. Kids were kicking off. She was trying to bribe him with pizza. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.