Life with Oaks and Olive

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Affording a house, needs saving. A lot of saving. A help to buy isa savings account isn’t going to happen straight away. Both self employed with dependants; any bank or mortgage will class them as a RISK.

Reactions: 1
😂 I work in a bank. She’s had a meeting to open up a savings account in which you can only put in £200 pm.

Going to be longer than 2 years you actual muppet 😂😂😂😂
Definitely will it took us 2 years to buy a house saving £1000 a month!

Reactions: 2
Just seen her stories ‘for those asking about my dads bar’
I bet literally no one asked about it 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m a little sad and went on a mortgage calculator and with 2 dependents it slices off at least 30,000 in terms of what the banks are prepared to lend you!!!
Dreaming hon!

She may have other savings accounts along side the HTB ISA. She said they had a good start already a few weeks back didn’t she so maybe has some in different accounts. With the dependants will definitely make a huge difference to affordability. I agree such a strange move to quit permanent employment prior to securing a mortgage.

She needs to discipline her children, her story about olive bashing her nose is something but her son has no clue as to how dangerous the outside world really is, but it’s all about the filters 🤭

Reactions: 3
Wow her kids are Ferrell

P.s Ainsley hon, you can open a help to buy isa online no need to go into bank and then rave about it. There isn’t much point to them anyway, I was told that the money can only go towards paying money off the mortgage not the actual deposit! So I don’t think there is much point!

Not able to use for your down payment. Waste of time!

Attachments

Last edited:
Sorry 😐 don’t agree with the above.... the help to buy scheme matches whatever you put in! Regardless of employment status!
Anyway couldn’t care less about her living arrangements..... that’s not my issue!

But someone as internet savvy as
Her needs help finding a personalised gift? Is that what she’s put? She just wants another freebie! Is it for her dad? Got if she was my child and begged for a freebie for me I’d be embarrassed! She knows how to use google! It’s getting worse!
Please share the photos of what she’s put.... I might have to follow her to keep up with the giggles!

‘Can anyone tell me where I can get a bar sign’

In other words can someone gift me one please

Reactions: 4
Let’s be honest here, she didn’t accidentally order that dress. I hate when people use that phrase, unless your hand slipped a million times between add to basket and checkout then no, you definitely didn’t “accidentally” buy it 🙄 also how much do we reckon she wrote the bio for her husbands IG account?

I see from her stories earlier that she is looking into the 'help to buy' scheme as a way of getting on the property ladder. Those schemes seem like an absolute nightmare, correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they where you have a mortgage but also you are paying back a government loan at the same time? Even more commitments for poor old hubs to be paying! Hun maybe if you actually went and got a proper job again then you might be able to save up more money and not have to get that husband of yours to be paying a mortgage as well as a loan. 🤦 also like others have said it's not just the above, it's the legal fees, and so many associated costs. I was astounded it what it allcost when we bought our place, even down to really random things that we didn't factor in, such as our existing furniture not suiting or fitting the new house! And the cost of the removal company. Such a completely bizarre move to try and start up a business if you are trying to save up to get on the property ladder!? Get your head down into some solid graft hun, your husband is going to be worked into the ground with all this.

Last edited:
Help to buy is 5 percent deposit, 20% equity loan from government paid back after 5 years then the rest is mortgage. You can have a help to buy ISA and use it for a deposit on a normal house doesn’t have to be a help to buy property which are almost solely new builds. But they are all fun and games until they have to pay back the 20% equity loan!

I’m sure there are lots of different elements to help
To buy, equity loan just being one of them. Where the government gives you 20% and you only have to source a 5% deposit. Then there is the help to buy ISA etc

Sorry 😐 don’t agree with the above.... the help to buy scheme matches whatever you put in! Regardless of employment status!
Anyway couldn’t care less about her living arrangements..... that’s not my issue!

Her needs help finding a personalised gift? Is that what she’s put? She just wants another freebie! Is it for her dad? Got if she was my child and begged for a freebie for me I’d be embarrassed! She knows how to use google! It’s getting worse!
Please share the photos of what she’s put.... I might have to follow her to keep up with the giggles!
No worries... great if you are able to find a deposit as well as popping 200 in a help to buy ISA each month.

I reckon she’ll be knocked up with baby number 3 by the end of the year.

Reactions: 7
Ive been a lurker since she mentioned the forums, but ive just had my WTF moment after all her stories regarding the mortgage plans.

Has anyone seen the post on her "business" account? She now has the lady who dresses her events help plan and manage too..... so what exactly is she going to do now 😂 surely the profits are even less..... crazy!! 🤯

The government doesn’t match what you put in. They give you 25% of what you have put in up to a maximum of £12,000. 🤷🏼‍♀️

She also may as well beg for a pub sign.

Reactions: 3
My other half does the same job as him and when we first looked at buying we were only offered a £70k mortgage despite him earning £50k and having a £12k deposit because he was self employed. We had to jump through hoops and pay a mortgage advisor a hefty sum to be able to borrow what we wanted but it wasn’t as easy as Ainsley thinks it will be.

We also had to buy a house that wasn’t instaworthy but it got us on the property ladder.
My husband is a tradesman and brings home about 50k p/a also working around 37 hours a week. I doubt his income could differ much from that so if she's not bringing anything in they are going to struggle. Dependents etc are also taken into account when making a mortgage application!

Ive been a lurker since she mentioned the forums, but ive just had my WTF moment after all her stories regarding the mortgage plans.

Has anyone seen the post on her "business" account? She now has the lady who dresses her events help plan and manage too..... so what exactly is she going to do now 😂 surely the profits are even less..... crazy!! 🤯
Christ she's taken on an employee???

The government doesn’t match what you put in. They give you 25% of what you have put in up to a maximum of £12,000. 🤷🏼‍♀️

She also may as well beg for a pub sign.

Ahhhh I thought they matched it! Think they might of done that in the past! She will have to save them like the rest of us did to buy our houses!

The “gifted” pub sign will be there soon I’m sure! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.