Life with Ivy Coco #3 Apart from advertise freebies what does she do?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
During lockdown, we were logged out of the school app for the live lesson on all of our devices and took a couple of hours to get it sorted as all our credentials needed to be reset, but the school emailed me twice to ask where my son was. I really can’t imagine the school are happy with her. It must disrupt the lessons and the rest of the class when Ivy returns and has to catch up or not familiar of the topics etc. It is really irresponsible and sets such a bad example 😞

Reactions: 4
We have taken our son out for an extra week at Feb half term a few times (still in Primary). We have to complete a local education authority form and it never gets authorised, but we don’t get fined. Having said that he does have 100% attendance throughout the rest of the school year so the school are ok with it because we are not taking the mick.

Companies who happily use influencers that take their children out of school, especially serial offenders like Kerri, should also be held responsible and fined for endorsing it.

I’m perplexed that these companies turn a blind eye and the InstaHuns don’t find it questionable.

Reactions: 19
Seeing all these others turn up in the Maldives has made me even more angry.
I’m honestly going to message them and say that it totally puts me off booking anything with them again.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I don’t know if this is reaching but do you think the overspending & holidays all the time are to ‘mask’ or forget about the secondary fertility issues?

(as well as being greedy like most influencers)

Reactions: 5
Home schooling ffs - How much of an arrogant twit do you need to be to think you can give your child a better education than someone training for years to do that job and with experience of teaching hundreds more children?! Its not just learning they miss out on its lots of other skills that are useful for life. Generally for the parents ego or suiting the parents lifestyle better. With the exception of extreme bullying, there’s no benefit.

As for the trip stop trying to justify it. Bet the other influencers are sick of precocious Ivy already. It’s clearly all based on food and drink, and relaxation. Notice she’s even put travel in her bio now to beg more free Trips. It’s should just say Kerri | will do anything for free tit| Including sell my child and hijack her education |
There, fixed it for ya kezza.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Home schooling ffs - How much of an arrogant twit do you need to be to think you can give your child a better education than someone training for years to do that job and with experience of teaching hundreds more children?! Its not just learning they miss out on its lots of other skills that are useful for life. Generally for the parents ego or suiting the parents lifestyle better. With the exception of extreme bullying, there’s no benefit.

As for the trip stop trying to justify it. Bet the other influencers are sick of precocious Ivy already. It’s clearly all based on food and drink, and relaxation. Notice she’s even put travel in her bio now to beg more free Trips. It’s should just say Kerri | will do anything for free tit| Including sell my child and hijack her education |
There, fixed it for ya kezza.
Have to disagree there,in the right hands and with the right planning home education for children can be massively successful. My own kids went to school and I myself used to be a teacher but I have met and known many families that have successfully home educated and I wouldn’t say their kids had missed out on stuff and sometimes they have benefitted from amazing opportunties that children in main stream just don’t get

Have to disagree there,in the right hands and with the right planning home education for children can be massively successful. My own kids went to school and I myself used to be a teacher but I have met and known many families that have successfully home educated and I wouldn’t say their kids had missed out on stuff and sometimes they have benefitted from amazing opportunties that children in main stream just don’t get
This clearly isn’t the situation with Kerri though is it

Reactions: 11
Really intrigued to know an example of what sort of experiences…

I’m surprised you would think theres nothing they would miss out on from school experience, especially as a teacher.

Reactions: 3
Really intrigued to know an example of what sort of experiences…

I’m surprised you would think theres nothing they would miss out on from school experience, especially as a teacher.
they can benefit hugely to having a curriculum that is tailored to their needs and interests especially at the primary level, also learning doesn’t need to follow such a rigid timetable and can be altered to reflect what is happening in the world around them even down to The weather.
True they are not being educated in a big group but all of the home educators I know belong to community groups that get together for play and learning activities.
The ability to travel at any time is also a huge draw, one particular family I know spend at least 6 months on the road and their children speak English, Spanish and Italian with beautiful fluency, something that will be hugely beneficial to them in adulthood.
As I said its not for everyone and I don’t believe I’s constant attendance at press events and launches is at all well thought out but that isn’t to say that this is an example of good home schooling.
Its not arrogance

Lol, you totally sound like a home schooler but okaaaaay.
So many of the experiences could quite as easily fit into 10 - 12 weeks holidays a year that kids do get. homeschooling aside, I agree with The other posts that said she just took Ivy as SHE wanted to go and as company for herself, not for ivys extra curricular well being.

Reactions: 3
I wish to God she would proof read her posts! The one about thefashionablepan doesn’t even make sense

That reel she’s posted has really annoyed me. The whole trip has been paid for, almost certainly including the trips, food, activities etc. and she’s whining that she might have to fork out a couple of quid for a drink from the minibar? Have a word with yourself Kerri!

Reactions: 10
Seeing all these others turn up in the Maldives has made me even more angry.
I’m honestly going to message them and say that it totally puts me off booking anything with them again.
I totally agree. if they can give away free holidays to InstaTwats they don't need my money do they!!

• Heart
Lol, you totally sound like a home schooler but okaaaaay.
So many of the experiences could quite as easily fit into 10 - 12 weeks holidays a year that kids do get. homeschooling aside, I agree with The other posts that said she just took Ivy as SHE wanted to go and as company for herself, not for ivys extra curricular well being.
Not a home schooler at all, as i said before I’m actually (or was till recently) a primary school teacher. I have just had dealings both through friendship groups and professionally with people who have given their children amazing educations outside of the classroom walls. Do I think Kerri os doing this no not at all

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.