Life of Beckie #2 Greedy Needy Mrs. Ryan. Never Famous, Always Tryin'.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just came on to say I don’t understand why she is trying to teach him the alphabet AND phonics now. He’s just turned 2.
My son is 2 and a half and I see no point in teaching him yet. My nephew is 4 has been at nursery since he was 9 months, goes to pre school now and I don’t think he knew it at 2?

I’d prefer children to just play, they have plenty of time to learn. If they pick it up easily then fine but to actively teach like she has. Nope.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just came on to say I don’t understand why she is trying to teach him the alphabet AND phonics now. He’s just turned 2.
My son is 2 and a half and I see no point in teaching him yet. My nephew is 4 has been at nursery since he was 9 months, goes to pre school now and I don’t think he knew it at 2?

I’d prefer children to just play, they have plenty of time to learn. If they pick it up easily then fine but to actively teach like she has. Nope.
Because she's ridiculously pushy.
If she can't get attention one way, she'll try another.

Reactions: 2
Sadly for the kid she’s not using the correct phonics either, which is going to mess him up having to undo all the incorrect sounds she’s teaching him. The fact that she doesn’t even know the word phonetical and feels the need to spell out the bodged up way she’s saying the sounds is so embarrassing. The letter n doesn’t make the “nuh” sound, hun!
As an early years teacher I can say with absolute certainty that is one of the most difficult parts of the job - correcting the nonsense they get crammed full of at home.
If she actually wanted him to be clever she’d get on YouTube and learn the jolly phonics sounds he needs to know, and sing the songs with him. His name isn’t spelt phonetically, so she should stay well away from it. The first sound will do fine “i-i-indigo”. Then start with other initial sounds “c-c-cat”, or seemingly “t-t-train” (what he’s actually interested in!).
But, as usual, she doesn’t give a hoot about doing the right thing by him, so long as she can get in on her story and make up for the fact that he tit on the floor.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
What the he’ll is she wearing today? Those trousers keep getting an outing....the only place they need to be is the bin. And that big thick jumper?!

• Haha
Bizarre, dressed for winter.
Those trousers crack me up, also...any chance she could close her mouth occasionally?

What the he’ll is she wearing today? Those trousers keep getting an outing....the only place they need to be is the bin. And that big thick jumper?!
Oh gawd I know! They remind me of the work trousers I wore circa 2003. The ones that used to scrape the floor at the back and fall to pieces 🙈🙈🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Is Adam actually doing something vaguely manly?
Or just putting the lawn mower back in the shed?
💪

• Haha
Reactions: 1
32 years old, and she sees herself as a Disney princess. 🤦‍♀️
Screenshot_20200525-104321.jpg

Screenshot_20200525-105410.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
Sadly for the kid she’s not using the correct phonics either, which is going to mess him up having to undo all the incorrect sounds she’s teaching him. The fact that she doesn’t even know the word phonetical and feels the need to spell out the bodged up way she’s saying the sounds is so embarrassing. The letter n doesn’t make the “nuh” sound, hun!
As an early years teacher I can say with absolute certainty that is one of the most difficult parts of the job - correcting the nonsense they get crammed full of at home.
If she actually wanted him to be clever she’d get on YouTube and learn the jolly phonics sounds he needs to know, and sing the songs with him. His name isn’t spelt phonetically, so she should stay well away from it. The first sound will do fine “i-i-indigo”. Then start with other initial sounds “c-c-cat”, or seemingly “t-t-train” (what he’s actually interested in!).
But, as usual, she doesn’t give a hoot about doing the right thing by him, so long as she can get in on her story and make up for the fact that he tit on the floor.
Absolutely the same! I too work in Early Years & the amount of time/effort/parent meetings to just understand the phases of phonics can be so challenging!

Absolutely the same! I too work in Early Years & the amount of time/effort/parent meetings to just understand the phases of phonics can be so challenging!
a little off topic maybe but as a parent, am I wrong to leave phonics etc until they start school? Just do the alphabet as we would know it?

my son is 2 and a half...

a little off topic maybe but as a parent, am I wrong to leave phonics etc until they start school? Just do the alphabet as we would know it?

There are literally hundreds of phonics videos on youtube you can look at lovely! Never too early but she's doing it wrong, it's so easy too fall into the wrong habits if you don't know, i'm not blaming her at all she musn't know, but definitely have a look on phase 1 phonics 😌 lots of songs and stuff on there to learn x

There are literally hundreds of phonics videos on youtube you can look at lovely! Never too early but she's doing it wrong, it's so easy too fall into the wrong habits if you don't know, i'm not blaming her at all she musn't know, but definitely have a look on phase 1 phonics 😌 lots of songs and stuff on there to learn x
Thank you! I’ll have a look. At least it will be something to do during lockdown 😂

New cooker....sucessfully begged.
Does she actually look round her house with pride, knowing that she's actually a professional scrounger?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
You beat me to it....shame it’s so ugly....although goes with the rest of that monstrosity of a kitchen. I hate the one we have in our new house, but I’m living with it until we’ve saved up for a new one, rather than trying to make it something it’ll never be

A dream come true, a new electric oven?! Tone it down a bit beggy I don’t think anyone is ever going to bed at night dreaming of the cheapest cooker they have in stock

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

Not at all! If you’d prefer to leave it, that’s a lot better than doing it wrong.

All I meant to highlight in my comment was that it’s such a shame she doesn’t care enough to research properly, and just sing some simple songs.

She’d rather paint herself as a great teacher, and the kid as a prodigy, when she should take a leaf out of your book and let him be!

You beat me to it....shame it’s so ugly....although goes with the rest of that monstrosity of a kitchen. I hate the one we have in our new house, but I’m living with it until we’ve saved up for a new one, rather than trying to make it something it’ll never be

A dream come true, a new electric oven?! Tone it down a bit beggy I don’t think anyone is ever going to bed at night dreaming of the cheapest cooker they have in stock
It is nasty, but you get what you pay for....
Oh wait.

• Haha
My oven broke and I....had to live without one until I had saved enough to replace it. It is NOT a cheap expense in my books. And she just gets given one? Who on Earth is going to see that and go “oh yes I’ll buy myself a new oven I’ve been #influenced”.

Bad more from the company and pretty crappy move from her too A #gifted oven is pathetic.

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.