Lekenah /Asialovesmusiq

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just been watching her IG stories today she’s saying a lot about accepting your body as it is and embracing your body. What I find jarring about that is Lekenah didn’t post pictures of herself a year ago because she was ashamed of her weight gain, she only started showing herself properly especially her body after weight loss so the message she’s giving out I’m hearing is yes embrace your body show your body love but only if your body sits within a certain size range. She has only embraced her body publicly since she had weight loss surgery and she has lost weight very quickly so i guess I don’t necessarily find her message clear or very genuine. I get that she’s working through her own body image stuff but I think if youre going to talk about body positivity and self acceptance and stuff like this and you’ve got a large following you should probably make sure your message is consistent as otherwise you are actually sending out the opposite message

Reactions: 14
I’ve just been watching her IG stories today she’s saying a lot about accepting your body as it is and embracing your body. What I find jarring about that is Lekenah didn’t post pictures of herself a year ago because she was ashamed of her weight gain, she only started showing herself properly especially her body after weight loss so the message she’s giving out I’m hearing is yes embrace your body show your body love but only if your body sits within a certain size range. She has only embraced her body publicly since she had weight loss surgery and she has lost weight very quickly so i guess I don’t necessarily find her message clear or very genuine. I get that she’s working through her own body image stuff but I think if youre going to talk about body positivity and self acceptance and stuff like this and you’ve got a large following you should probably make sure your message is consistent as otherwise you are actually sending out the opposite message

That's true, when she was bigger, she only posted herself from the neck up, and hid her body. And when she does post herself when she was bigger, it's always an old picture or comparison side by side: herself big vs slim.

It's a shame her followers are falling for her message. It's only the minority (us) who can spot fake people.

Frustrating she keeps telling people "it's so important to embrace your body" now that she's slim and feels okay taking pictures in her underwear. I would have loved to see her do that when she was bigger, but no.

So girl, take your own advise.

She was so ghost when she gained weight I thought something major had happened to her.

She only posted herself bigger when she knew it wouldn't last or to compare it to how she looks now.

She even mentioned trying to stop photos she did with her daughter for Kaz Crossley's headband line from coming out because she didn't like how she looked.

I'd accept it more if she admitted, "you know what, I hid myself because I didn't like how I looked at the time. That wasn't healthy but I want to help you guys be more accepting of yourselves because I've been there myself".

Rather than pretend she's always been fine with how she looks but coincidentally only wants to share her body positivity message now she's slim(ming)

Reactions: 4
Not her responding to us AGAIN 😅
Isn't she supposed to be focusing on self love and that (read the caption)

I totally forgot about her and randomly ended up on her ig and woah. She has gotten tiny! She looks smaller now than she ever has done, even after her first big weight loss journey back in the day.

Reactions: 1
Oh dear on her insta q&a when asked about anymore children ‘I would really love a son’ ermmm you already have one lol. Gosh she is something else

Reactions: 6
Assuming her current stories are in real time, is it normal to be out and about with your 18 month old running around at 9/10pm at night? I don’t know, maybe I’m being judgy but they don’t seem to have any sort of routine at all.

Reactions: 3
Assuming her current stories are in real time, is it normal to be out and about with your 18 month old running around at 9/10pm at night? I don’t know, maybe I’m being judgy but they don’t seem to have any sort of routine at all.
Them kids are always being dragged out late at night. Shoulda been in bed at least 3 hours ago!

Reactions: 3
All these stories you hear about black fishing - this is constantly what she does. She has nothing black about her in her genes but constantly wants to look black! Look at her hair

Reactions: 9
Is she taking the piss? 😳 locs? Does she think because her children are mixed that gives her a pass to blackfish!?
Shes like Rachel Dozeal (the white woman in American who identities as black/ African American).

It's not just her having locs for me, it's the ignorance she has.
I'll never forget when Lekenah passionately spoke about black hairstyles. She was saying all the wrong things, no education about the subject. If she's not black, she doesn't have a say. Simple as.
I wouldn't dare speak on behalf of a culture, sexuality, belief, or any group that I'm not apart of. She doesn't want to be taught, she wants to always be in the right.
She'll never see why blackfishing is bad.

Anyway, on another note, I can't get over how many stories she posts a day. Sometimes I can't keep up. She must be on her phone constantly. I don't know any influencer who posts as much as she does. Does she have time for much else? She's really attached to instagram, it's worrying.

Does she think posting 30 times a day is hardworking? Quality over quantity. I think she thinks she must bombard people to stay relevant and not forgotten.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
She really doesn’t pull off that hair in any way shape or form. Also I don’t think anyone can play dumb about black fishing anymore it’s a widely well known enough issue especially after the recent Jesy Nelson debacle. I feel like she is wilfully ignoring how inappropriate it is to have this hair

In her stories today it looks like she’s had lip filler recently, I wonder if she’ll be honest about it

She's taken out her braids already. When she first got them done, I knew she wouldnt keep them longer than a week because her hair probably doesnt hold it well. And basically it's been less than a week 😂
Those braids are expensive to get and take hours to do as well.

We should contact that model agency and ask why they are employing someone that blackfishes

She does make me laugh 🙄 all body positivity and accepting your flaws AFTER her weight loss surgery and now she’s looking at skin removal surgery. I’m glad someone called her out on her Q&A.

She does make me laugh 🙄 all body positivity and accepting your flaws AFTER her weight loss surgery and now she’s looking at skin removal surgery. I’m glad someone called her out on her Q&A.
we all knew this was coming from day dot so not at all surprised. Lek is looking at doing a live on Thursday if anyone wants to tune in.

D309402F-96F4-44B0-9A5A-5649789CD1E4.png