Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cotedazur

So Jade has done an interview with RuPaul confirming she’s dating Jordan from Rizzle Kicks, and said she loves how he can be “queer and feminine.” There’s loads of pictures of Jordan in makeup etc. All I could think of was Andre’s views - bet double-dating is awkward with these 2.

Reactions: 6

Handerton

Chatty Member
Ohhh.. okay thanks. They’ve said in multiple interviews they songwrite 😫
Well obviously no reality singers ever embolden the truth do they 🤣🤣🤣

It’s a music industry routine as old as time. Get your money spinning singers a bit pissed off that they only split 10% of the revenue their group makes... have them sit in on writing sessions so they can boast “we write our own songs”, let the pros write as they always do, and give the girls 1% of the royalties for saying “hey let’s write a song about being in love with a bad boy”
Writing a hit song is incredibly hard. Four girls without any formal training or experience are very, very unlikely to have any success writing a hit.

You’ll see how it works in a year or two when they get dropped due to falling sales, sign to a small label, and start writing their own songs rather than just sitting in on sessions. Cheryl Cole did it, her new label couldn’t afford up front fees for top songwriters, they didn’t want to work on a percentage of sales as she had been out of the market for years, so she tried writing herself and with “professional songwriter Nicola from Girls Aloud” who similarly has had no training, and what happened - FLOP.

I guess this is a bit like the people who believe it when muscular Hollywood actors say they put on 50lbs of muscle for a movie without using HGH or steroids. If you ran a record label and one of your acts was four inexperienced girls who won a reality show, would you a) let them write the songs and hoped it worked out or b) pay for the best songwriters to keep them making money for as long as possible?
They are a manufactured band...

• Heart

KINGAA

VIP Member
She’s been saying that as a black member of the group, she’s the least favourite and has to work ten times harder than her band mates. What a slap in the face for them.

You’re the least favourite because you’re beyond boring. Look at Mel B, she was larger than life in the Spice Girls, easily the biggest personality in that group.
During X Factor Leighanne was the stand out member for me, she had the strongest voice and was beautiful but as the others matured vocally and physically she’s started to come across like she was trying to hard to be liked. I like them all equally... I never think one is better than the other in terms of being on little mix.

And yeah Mel B was a stand out member of Spice Girls and the fact that you still see her and hear her on TV often shows that, where is Geri, Emma, Mel C... they have no career. I know Mel B needs the money etc but still, she’s much more famous than the other 3... not including Victoria as she’s another level

KINGAA

VIP Member
Leighanne is turning into too much of a poser for me. She seems nice enough but I cant get on board with her horrible fiance . I see shes on a show about racism and I'm not going to deny she has suffered but she said fans didnt scream as loudly for her etc. For me this is because right at the start she really was the weakest singer or seemed like it because she was quite shy. I dont think that was directly a race issue.
I guarantee at that time she was more popular than Jesy - she was getting hate constantly back then. I haven’t watched the doc so can’t comment on what she said etc.. but I don’t wanna listen to her moan about being “poor me” in little mix - we had that with Jesy which, yes she was bullied quite awfully but I’d give anything to have the privilege those 4 girls have, so yeah I don’t wanna listen to her moan about Little Mix fans maybe not cheering as loud as they do for Perrie etc. That to me is sooo petty.

All groups have more popular members - it’s just the way it is. Doesn’t mean fans hate your because of your race. Look at Jason Orange in Take That imagine how he felt being on stage with Robbie Williams hahahahahah!

Last edited:

bubbletea123

VIP Member
If 2+2 is 4 and 5+5 is 10 wtf the is this.
Wow. he seems like a nasty piece of work.

Antony from Blue tells an amazing story about this.
When they were successful they pushed to write their own material. The label pointed out that the songwriters they had were in the business for 30 years, had produced hundreds of hits, and writing a hit song is incredibly hard.
The compromise made was that they were allowed to sit in on songwriting sessions and get a credit if they made a contribution. So hes named as a co writer on an album track for saying “what if we change that ‘the’ to an ‘a’ 🤣🤣🤣

A lot of label earners get the ego boost of sitting in on writing sessions, but even as talented a songwriter as Gary Barlow has had a tiny amount of success writing for others. Pinnock is listed as a co writer on one 2015 Britney track on Wikipedia and the rest seems to be “yeah they can co write the album tracks but not the singles”

I’d love to see a breakdown of their tour profits though - must be impossible putting on a suitably flashing show in the mid size venues they play but keeping the ticket prices low because it’s purely a mums and kids audience and they won’t pay over the top cash for tickets
That is why someone like Taylor Swift is a rarity as she can write her own songs from scratch and has done since she was a kid... her demos from when she was around 12-13 are incredible. It is a rare talent for a performer to also be a successful songwriter. Of course she still works with co-writers but she also writes songs for other people and is rumoured to have ghost written some Kings of Leon ones.

Last edited:

M.fairy

Chatty Member
I agree with you on this. Jade and Perrie I like. Used to like jesy and hate what shes been through but I cannot understand how they all, especially jesy, go on about social media pictures being damaging and there they all are posting photoshoped fake pictures. They are contributing to the problem they complain about.

Leighanne is turning into too much of a poser for me. She seems nice enough but I cant get on board with her horrible fiance . I see shes on a show about racism and I'm not going to deny she has suffered but she said fans didnt scream as loudly for her etc. For me this is because right at the start she really was the weakest singer or seemed like it because she was quite shy. I dont think that was directly a race issue.

Also I cant believe perrie and leighanne are on holiday.. during a pandemic. Each to their own I guess but maybe don't post pictures all over social media of it too much?. As a nurse this gets me.
I’ve not seen any photos of Perrie on holiday? I don’t see issues of people going on holidays if it’s safe/you follow the rules. Plenty of doctors and nurses I know have gone on holiday.
I understand Perrie and Alex would want to celebrate the Premier league win, and I do understand people would want to go on holiday, but Leigh Anne saying that her holiday was much needed I think is a poor choice of words especially as she’s not exactly done a lot during the pandemic.

Reactions: 5

Readread

VIP Member
Her fiancé is a right bellend.

Is that party in a restaurant? Probably how she will try and get around it. Zero social distancing measures in place clearly.

KINGAA

VIP Member
Antony from Blue tells an amazing story about this.
When they were successful they pushed to write their own material. The label pointed out that the songwriters they had were in the business for 30 years, had produced hundreds of hits, and writing a hit song is incredibly hard.
The compromise made was that they were allowed to sit in on songwriting sessions and get a credit if they made a contribution. So hes named as a co writer on an album track for saying “what if we change that ‘the’ to an ‘a’ 🤣🤣🤣

A lot of label earners get the ego boost of sitting in on writing sessions, but even as talented a songwriter as Gary Barlow has had a tiny amount of success writing for others. Pinnock is listed as a co writer on one 2015 Britney track on Wikipedia and the rest seems to be “yeah they can co write the album tracks but not the singles”

I’d love to see a breakdown of their tour profits though - must be impossible putting on a suitably flashing show in the mid size venues they play but keeping the ticket prices low because it’s purely a mums and kids audience and they won’t pay over the top cash for tickets
This is why they fell out with Simon and he dropped them from his label just before their last album release.

Jess Glynne, Ed Sheeran and Steve Mac wrote Woman Like Me. They felt like some of the lyrics weren’t them and asked for some changes which they did then asked Simon to give them songwriting credit and he wouldn’t as they didn’t actually write anything just asked for changes and gave some alternative ideas... his refusal caused a massive fall out!

• Wow
  • Heart

Kat5998

VIP Member
Before lockdown i think. I feel bad for Chris, I never watched love island but I saw him on Celebrity hunted and thought he was so funny and came across well. My dads met him a couple times and says he’s lovely. Seems a shame they seems like a cute couple
I watched her documentary and Chris honestly seemed like the perfect boyfriend lol, kinda sad about that

M.fairy

Chatty Member
So I commented on Andres recent the “black women with red lipstick on look like burnt toast with jam on” - Andre Gray and he had the audacity to delete it. He his such a hypocrite.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I was rooting for them for years but they've changed styles a lot and they looked absolutely miserable in the papers the other day - I wonder if the fun has worn off for them?

coriander

VIP Member
I don't understand how they can sing about girl power and such yet condone a mysogynistic fiance who has likely cheated in the past... She could do so much better. I always thought she was the quiet sweet one but the vanity is quite clear now, she had to have a party and break rules and always on holiday.
I know it's the most bizarre thing. Nobody with any standards would go out with a guy like that. I mean does she not look at him and just feel a bit sick at how much of a prick he is? Unless she shares the same views deep down?

Thewayitis

They write most of their songs, I don’t get what everyone’s problem is!!!
If you want to criticise something at least do it about something that’s true. Jade and Leigh-Anne are registered as song writers, I’m not an expert, but I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t be if they didn’t write their own songs. The reason you lot think they don’t write them is because your only paying attention to their hit singles, of which they didn’t write them all, however they write most of their album tracks. And they have written some of their most successful singles!!
Yes they may have other songwriters to help write their songs, but most songwriters don’t write songs on their own anyway!
Someone mentioned how Simon didn’t let them have songwriting credits on Woman Like Me as they only changed a few of the lyrics, if this was the case he wouldn’t have let them have song writing credits on any songs they didn’t actually write. Therefore they must have written most of their songs as they have songwriting credits on them.

• Heart

KINGAA

VIP Member
Jade I love and admire. I like Perrie now, she annoyed me when she was with Zayn, and annoyed me even more when she went through the hate Zigi phase by I do feel for her because she went through a very public breakup, but did seem to make it more public than it needed to be. She seems happy now which I’m glad. I think Jesys 100% insecure which is really sad and just craves the compliments because she’s had all this work done and I don’t think she’s happier now than before the work and even if she is I don’t think it’s because of the work. Leigh Anne, she just confuses me. I used to think she was amazing but I struggle to support someone who is dating a misogynist homophobe who said black women look like burnt toast. I don’t doubt she’s received racism and that’s not okay, but people can dislike you even though your black and it not be because of your skin colour.
Yes! That’s a big issue for me too, her other half... vile man who shows all signs of a typical misogynistic man with discriminating views of colourism within the black community.

I won’t watch the documentary, I have a feeling he will heavily be involved too and I won’t support him at all with my viewership figures. I just hope it’s not all me me me while sitting in their ivory tower - we need real stories from the average public over the past few years.

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
Andre Gray......

1 goal this season in 17 games and he's a striker paid to score goals and supposedly on 50000 pounds a week. No goal in 14 games.

Last season he scored 2 goals in 27 games.

3 goals in 44 games over two seasons. You don't get much for five million pounds of wages paid over that time do you. He's probably annoyed with the comments Watford fans give him about his performances and wanted to take his anger out somewhere as the racist, sexist, homophobe he is.

Readread

VIP Member
Perrie probably can’t relate as her boyfriend, Alex Chamberlaine, is a deemed to be quite a nice guy by all accounts.