Leigh-Anne Pinnock - Little Mix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If 2+2 is 4 and 5+5 is 10 wtf the is this.
Wow. he seems like a nasty piece of work.

Antony from Blue tells an amazing story about this.
When they were successful they pushed to write their own material. The label pointed out that the songwriters they had were in the business for 30 years, had produced hundreds of hits, and writing a hit song is incredibly hard.
The compromise made was that they were allowed to sit in on songwriting sessions and get a credit if they made a contribution. So hes named as a co writer on an album track for saying “what if we change that ‘the’ to an ‘a’ 🤣🤣🤣

A lot of label earners get the ego boost of sitting in on writing sessions, but even as talented a songwriter as Gary Barlow has had a tiny amount of success writing for others. Pinnock is listed as a co writer on one 2015 Britney track on Wikipedia and the rest seems to be “yeah they can co write the album tracks but not the singles”

I’d love to see a breakdown of their tour profits though - must be impossible putting on a suitably flashing show in the mid size venues they play but keeping the ticket prices low because it’s purely a mums and kids audience and they won’t pay over the top cash for tickets
That is why someone like Taylor Swift is a rarity as she can write her own songs from scratch and has done since she was a kid... her demos from when she was around 12-13 are incredible. It is a rare talent for a performer to also be a successful songwriter. Of course she still works with co-writers but she also writes songs for other people and is rumoured to have ghost written some Kings of Leon ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Wow. he seems like a nasty piece of work.

That is why someone like Taylor Swift is a rarity as she can write her own songs from scratch and has done since she was a kid... her demos from when she was around 12-13 are incredible. It is a rare talent for a performer to also be a successful songwriter. Of course she still works with co-writers but she also writes songs for other people and is rumoured to have ghost written some Kings of Leon ones.
Swift is a lot like Bowie (without having sex with underage girls). Can demo and come up with unique ideas, then relies on great producers and musicians to turn them into hits. That’s a strategy that will see her have a very long career.

Reactions: 8
But.... he’s still on £3m a year at Watford. As one quarter of a group who don’t write their music, who aren’t famous in many of the overseas market (one hit in the US then flopped) she’s got to see a guy who will earn £20m before he retires as a massive pay day. Footballers don’t tend to go for pop stars, someone like Mel B would have LOVED to marry a Beckham type with his money

Little mix will only last up to a point where the producers have a younger, more interesting band to give the songs to. Plus these reality singers know the stories of your S Club types - years of hard work, then a struggle to find any other media work for years, still wanting to keep the same lifestyle but the money dwindling each month...
Little Mix do songwrite btw!

Reactions: 2
Little Mix do songwrite btw!
No, check the credits. Standard arrangement of no involvement on any singles, but sit in the sessions for album tracks and take a couple of points. Songwriting is a massively skilled job with a long apprenticeship, training under experts for many years. Even people like Ed Sheeran only sketch out song ideas, no label would sanction any release these days without professional song writers and producers having responsibility for 95% of any song

Reactions: 1
No, check the credits. Standard arrangement of no involvement on any singles, but sit in the sessions for album tracks and take a couple of points. Songwriting is a massively skilled job with a long apprenticeship, training under experts for many years. Even people like Ed Sheeran only sketch out song ideas, no label would sanction any release these days without professional song writers and producers having responsibility for 95% of any song
Ohhh.. okay thanks. They’ve said in multiple interviews they songwrite 😫

Only saw his tweets because of this thread.. He insulted so many people ignorantly what a head.

And can I point out she owns an American bully (as do I) which ears are chopped.
I would NEVER get my pups ears chopped or buy a puppy who has. Don't people see how cruel this is!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
They write most of their songs, I don’t get what everyone’s problem is!!!
If you want to criticise something at least do it about something that’s true. Jade and Leigh-Anne are registered as song writers, I’m not an expert, but I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t be if they didn’t write their own songs. The reason you lot think they don’t write them is because your only paying attention to their hit singles, of which they didn’t write them all, however they write most of their album tracks. And they have written some of their most successful singles!!
Yes they may have other songwriters to help write their songs, but most songwriters don’t write songs on their own anyway!
Someone mentioned how Simon didn’t let them have songwriting credits on Woman Like Me as they only changed a few of the lyrics, if this was the case he wouldn’t have let them have song writing credits on any songs they didn’t actually write. Therefore they must have written most of their songs as they have songwriting credits on them.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Ohhh.. okay thanks. They’ve said in multiple interviews they songwrite 😫
Well obviously no reality singers ever embolden the truth do they 🤣🤣🤣

It’s a music industry routine as old as time. Get your money spinning singers a bit pissed off that they only split 10% of the revenue their group makes... have them sit in on writing sessions so they can boast “we write our own songs”, let the pros write as they always do, and give the girls 1% of the royalties for saying “hey let’s write a song about being in love with a bad boy”
Writing a hit song is incredibly hard. Four girls without any formal training or experience are very, very unlikely to have any success writing a hit.

You’ll see how it works in a year or two when they get dropped due to falling sales, sign to a small label, and start writing their own songs rather than just sitting in on sessions. Cheryl Cole did it, her new label couldn’t afford up front fees for top songwriters, they didn’t want to work on a percentage of sales as she had been out of the market for years, so she tried writing herself and with “professional songwriter Nicola from Girls Aloud” who similarly has had no training, and what happened - FLOP.

I guess this is a bit like the people who believe it when muscular Hollywood actors say they put on 50lbs of muscle for a movie without using HGH or steroids. If you ran a record label and one of your acts was four inexperienced girls who won a reality show, would you a) let them write the songs and hoped it worked out or b) pay for the best songwriters to keep them making money for as long as possible?
They are a manufactured band...

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Not justifying her fiancée’s actions but back then and still now there was a lot of colourism by black guys especially on twitter - so many guys who have now educated themselves and respect for dark skin girls have been exposed as having the same disgusting mindset because it was so common then - by men and women which is so sad to remember how it was acceptable to make comments like that so freely! I have friends who have made comments like that but have had to unlearn the internalised colourism that they grew up with and are remorseful over it

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I wonder what Jade thinks to his comments considering she is a loud and proud support of the LGBT community.

Reactions: 9
Oh wow those tweets are awful! She must have very, very little self respect to entertain someone THAT vile. He's absolutely disgusting.

Reactions: 4
Someone mentioned how Simon didn’t let them have songwriting credits on Woman Like Me as they only changed a few of the lyrics, if this was the case he wouldn’t have let them have song writing credits on any songs they didn’t actually write. Therefore they must have written most of their songs as they have songwriting credits on them.
Simon Cowell thing is true about credit on Woman Like Me - they’ve even talked about it in interviews, about what they changed etc and they still don’t have credit on the song. They didn’t even want the song and Cardi B was supposed to be on it but she said no to them, the whole era was a mess. A quick google will confirm all of this, Popjustice forum has lots about the situation also.

Here’s one of many many articles about it:: https://www.officialcharts.com/char...ix-over-disagreement-on-woman-like-me__24711/

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Simon Cowell thing is true about credit on Woman Like Me - they’ve even talked about it in interviews, about what they changed etc and they still don’t have credit on the song. They didn’t even want the song and Cardi B was supposed to be on it but she said no to them, the whole era was a mess. A quick google will confirm all of this, Popjustice forum has lots about the situation also.

Here’s one of many many articles about it:: https://www.officialcharts.com/char...ix-over-disagreement-on-woman-like-me__24711/
That’s.... called publicity. As I’ve said before, this is the exact same PR team that repeatedly tells the press that Leona is a massive star in the US despite her only ever having had two hits. Very little if any fact checking is done on these sort of stories, they are press releases in all but name that websites can reprint for free. Similar to the situation with Mark Wright this week, where the DM prints every day that he is worth £9m when it’s very clear he hasn’t ever even made a quarter of that, let alone have it in cash/property etc

This is the same historic PR machine that once had young girls believing Gary Glitter was a god and they should throw their underwear at them. It’s designed to make artists seem interesting, intelligent, and worth following, when in fact almost every manufactured band member is only there because the faces fit and they’ll work for next to nothing.

Even people like Ed Sheeran only sketch out song ideas, no label would sanction any release these days without professional song writers and producers having responsibility for 95% of any song
Here you go again. Total crap about Ed and I'm no great fan of his. Ed's written loads of songs on his own.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Her mans team just got relegated, doubt she can rely on him and his mansion anymore haha

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Her mans team just got relegated, doubt she can rely on him and his mansion anymore haha
Ew I’m gonna have that bigot at my football stadium next season. Excuse me let me just puke. You’d be surprised how much some championship players get paid, then again it’s usually the ones who are actually good players.

Do find it very funny how Perries celebrating a massive win and she’s engaged to a championship footballer

Last edited:
Reactions: 3