Leigh-Anne Pinnock - Little Mix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was rooting for them for years but they've changed styles a lot and they looked absolutely miserable in the papers the other day - I wonder if the fun has worn off for them?

Reactions: 5
I was rooting for them for years but they've changed styles a lot and they looked absolutely miserable in the papers the other day - I wonder if the fun has worn off for them?
Yep, can't be much fun when the hits aren't rolling in anymore. I've never been a fan of their music because it's not my thing and I'm too old, but I loved them on X-Factor. I think they're at the stage that all girlbands eventually reach, in that their young fans have grown up and are into fresher new artists (Billie Eilish, etc), and they're not gonna appeal to any older fans eitherbecause if they didn't like them before, they're not going to like them now. I expect announcement of a split soon, with the inevitable weak solo careers to follow.

Reactions: 8
They have gone against everything they said they wouldn't be or do when they were on the x factor.

Reactions: 6
They have gone against everything they said they wouldn't be or do when they were on the x factor.
The only one I actually still ‘stan’ is Jade. Perrie seems lovely I have to admit. I’ve lost a lot respect for Leigh Anne now she’s with that Andre guy and Jesy, well she’s just so fake looking.

I was around my little sisters age when they were on X factor, around a year older to be fair and loved them, but now I’m unsure if their suitable for her, I’m a strong believer in women should be able to dress how the like etc and I had tickets for us to go this year to their summer concert but I don’t want her thinking that it’s normal to have that much plastic surgery (again no issues with plastic surgery, fillers etc, I’m have my lips done but when it transforms you into another person) especially when they promote that you should be natural and love yourself no matter what. They don’t seem PG anymore which is totally fine but not really for their fan base

The only one I actually still ‘stan’ is Jade. Perrie seems lovely I have to admit. I’ve lost a lot respect for Leigh Anne now she’s with that Andre guy and Jesy, well she’s just so fake looking.

I was around my little sisters age when they were on X factor, around a year older to be fair and loved them, but now I’m unsure if their suitable for her, I’m a strong believer in women should be able to dress how the like etc and I had tickets for us to go this year to their summer concert but I don’t want her thinking that it’s normal to have that much plastic surgery (again no issues with plastic surgery, fillers etc, I’m have my lips done but when it transforms you into another person) especially when they promote that you should be natural and love yourself no matter what. They don’t seem PG anymore which is totally fine but not really for their fan base
I think they are getting to a point where they will want different things.

Little mix are a guilty pleasure of mine- although I echo some of you here, I think they’re going to be “taking a break” and launching solo careers- Perrie in particular seems to be gunning for that on Insta.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re fed up- they definitely don’t seem to be as in control of the group as they like us to believe they are.

Reactions: 4
Little mix are a guilty pleasure of mine- although I echo some of you here, I think they’re going to be “taking a break” and launching solo careers- Perrie in particular seems to be gunning for that on Insta.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re fed up- they definitely don’t seem to be as in control of the group as they like us to believe they are.
I think as much as people dislike syco and make them out to be the bad guys, they seem to be better under their management

Reactions: 1
Is Jesy still with Chris Hughes?

Edit: omg just googled it and no! When did this happen? I’m so behind 🤣
Before lockdown i think. I feel bad for Chris, I never watched love island but I saw him on Celebrity hunted and thought he was so funny and came across well. My dads met him a couple times and says he’s lovely. Seems a shame they seems like a cute couple

Reactions: 2
Before lockdown i think. I feel bad for Chris, I never watched love island but I saw him on Celebrity hunted and thought he was so funny and came across well. My dads met him a couple times and says he’s lovely. Seems a shame they seems like a cute couple
I watched her documentary and Chris honestly seemed like the perfect boyfriend lol, kinda sad about that

Antony from Blue tells an amazing story about this.
When they were successful they pushed to write their own material. The label pointed out that the songwriters they had were in the business for 30 years, had produced hundreds of hits, and writing a hit song is incredibly hard.
The compromise made was that they were allowed to sit in on songwriting sessions and get a credit if they made a contribution. So hes named as a co writer on an album track for saying “what if we change that ‘the’ to an ‘a’ 🤣🤣🤣

A lot of label earners get the ego boost of sitting in on writing sessions, but even as talented a songwriter as Gary Barlow has had a tiny amount of success writing for others. Pinnock is listed as a co writer on one 2015 Britney track on Wikipedia and the rest seems to be “yeah they can co write the album tracks but not the singles”

I’d love to see a breakdown of their tour profits though - must be impossible putting on a suitably flashing show in the mid size venues they play but keeping the ticket prices low because it’s purely a mums and kids audience and they won’t pay over the top cash for tickets
This is absolutely how it works. Co-writing still gets you a little pin money. I co-wrote with a producer who was the producer for Stock Aitken and Waterman's Hit Factory and works to this day with Kylie Minogue. Lovely, lovely bloke, great to work with, did a little minor surgery on three of our tracks, and he took 4%. Every little helps :D

Conversely, Robbie Williams probably took 4% from most of his songs for shite like "and that's a good line to take it to the bridge", and the George Formby-Esque masterpiece "my breath smells of a thousand fags, and when I'm drunk I dance like me dad".

Swift is a lot like Bowie (without having sex with underage girls). Can demo and come up with unique ideas, then relies on great producers and musicians to turn them into hits. That’s a strategy that will see her have a very long career.
With the absolute greatest of respect to you, comparing Taylor Swift, who I do think is very talented, to one of the greatest and most influential pop icons of, and across the last 40/50 years, is a bit of a stretch. Bowie transcended music. Taylor Swift is really, really fucked off by her choices of boyfriends.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
This is absolutely how it works. Co-writing still gets you a little pin money. I co-wrote with a producer who was the producer for Stock Aitken and Waterman's Hit Factory and works to this day with Kylie Minogue. Lovely, lovely bloke, great to work with, did a little minor surgery on three of our tracks, and he took 4%. Every little helps :D

Conversely, Robbie Williams probably took 4% from most of his songs for shite like "and that's a good line to take it to the bridge", and the George Formby-Esque masterpiece "my breath smells of a thousand fags, and when I'm drunk I dance like me dad".

With the absolute greatest of respect to you, comparing Taylor Swift, who I do think is very talented, to one of the greatest and most influential pop icons of, and across the last 40/50 years, is a bit of a stretch. Bowie transcended music. Taylor Swift is really, really fucked off by her choices of boyfriends.
Oooh I'd love to know more, your comment is so interesting. Are you able to say what songs you worked on?

Oooh I'd love to know more, your comment is so interesting. Are you able to say what songs you worked on?
Sadly, unlikely anything you would have heard of (yet), most likely-they were for my band, and the Producer concerned was brought in to make what is essentially quite dark Depeche Mode Esque synth-pop, into something a little mainstream. Co-writing is an interesting process, though, and I really enjoyed the experience. I'm pretty sure we'll be working together again. One of the songs was voted Best Alternative Song of 2017 on a Radio Station, and we're going on the road to Germany after lockdown to promote the band/get some traction.

Ian was really interesting to talk to about the industry though (as is our manager, actually). Ian was one of the Keyboard players in Talk Talk, and has some really interesting insights from both sides of the tracks.

Most of my celebrity tales of any interest tend to involve beer, spirits, substances or all of the above. Oh, and swallowing false teeth to see who shits theirs out first (true story, but I think I've posted that on here already :D )

Reactions: 2

I agree with you on this. Jade and Perrie I like. Used to like jesy and hate what shes been through but I cannot understand how they all, especially jesy, go on about social media pictures being damaging and there they all are posting photoshoped fake pictures. They are contributing to the problem they complain about.

Leighanne is turning into too much of a poser for me. She seems nice enough but I cant get on board with her horrible fiance . I see shes on a show about racism and I'm not going to deny she has suffered but she said fans didnt scream as loudly for her etc. For me this is because right at the start she really was the weakest singer or seemed like it because she was quite shy. I dont think that was directly a race issue.

Also I cant believe perrie and leighanne are on holiday.. during a pandemic. Each to their own I guess but maybe don't post pictures all over social media of it too much?. As a nurse this gets me.

Reactions: 12
I agree with you on this. Jade and Perrie I like. Used to like jesy and hate what shes been through but I cannot understand how they all, especially jesy, go on about social media pictures being damaging and there they all are posting photoshoped fake pictures. They are contributing to the problem they complain about.

Leighanne is turning into too much of a poser for me. She seems nice enough but I cant get on board with her horrible fiance . I see shes on a show about racism and I'm not going to deny she has suffered but she said fans didnt scream as loudly for her etc. For me this is because right at the start she really was the weakest singer or seemed like it because she was quite shy. I dont think that was directly a race issue.

Also I cant believe perrie and leighanne are on holiday.. during a pandemic. Each to their own I guess but maybe don't post pictures all over social media of it too much?. As a nurse this gets me.
I’ve not seen any photos of Perrie on holiday? I don’t see issues of people going on holidays if it’s safe/you follow the rules. Plenty of doctors and nurses I know have gone on holiday.
I understand Perrie and Alex would want to celebrate the Premier league win, and I do understand people would want to go on holiday, but Leigh Anne saying that her holiday was much needed I think is a poor choice of words especially as she’s not exactly done a lot during the pandemic.

I’ve not seen any photos of Perrie on holiday? I don’t see issues of people going on holidays if it’s safe/you follow the rules. Plenty of doctors and nurses I know have gone on holiday.
I understand Perrie and Alex would want to celebrate the Premier league win, and I do understand people would want to go on holiday, but Leigh Anne saying that her holiday was much needed I think is a poor choice of words especially as she’s not exactly done a lot during the pandemic.
Petrie hasn't posted but the media have. Shes in ibiza. I just think leigh should be mindful of what shes posts that's all. Didnt andre break lockdown rules too with a party?

I guarantee at that time she was more popular than Jesy - she was getting hate constantly back then. I haven’t watched the doc so can’t comment on what she said etc.. but I don’t wanna listen to her moan about being “poor me” in little mix - we had that with Jesy which, yes she was bullied quite awfully but I’d give anything to have the privilege those 4 girls have, so yeah I don’t wanna listen to her moan about Little Mix fans maybe not cheering as loud as they do for Perrie etc. That to me is sooo petty.

All groups have more popular members - it’s just the way it is. Doesn’t mean fans hate your because of your race. Look at Jason Orange in Take That imagine how he felt being on stage with Robbie Williams hahahahahah!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6