Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Handerton

Chatty Member
Can’t wait for the wedding. Jesy drunk and blubbing that no man wants to marry her, Perri desperately dropping hints to her boyfriend that he should propose, and Jade looking on wondering what on earth a sensible girl like her ever ended up in showbiz for

• Haha
Reactions: 39

totallytaz

Chatty Member
She’s been saying that as a black member of the group, she’s the least favourite and has to work ten times harder than her band mates. What a slap in the face for them.

You’re the least favourite because you’re beyond boring. Look at Mel B, she was larger than life in the Spice Girls, easily the biggest personality in that group.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36

M.fairy

Chatty Member
How has he got away with that? People have lost their jobs for less
He got suspended for two matches and fined £25,000 after the tweets resurfaced. He apologised for the Homophobic gays should burn one but as far as I know of not the others. This was after he got charged by the FA. I work in football (not as a footballer lol) and we’ve had footballers fined more for doing crimes less than that, we’ve had staff members fired for one racist comment (which i totally support anyone homophobic/racist/sexist should be fired) if I was his club I would of fired him on the spot. He’s not even that good of a player.

Do find it ironic though that he moans that people stereotype him as a rapper or gang member or footballer cause he’s black, like not being funny he was part of a gang and he’s a footballer so like maybe that’s why the think he’s one of those.... plus I’ve never looked at a black person and thought you must a rapper cause you’re black or you must be a footballer cause you’re black like maybe it’s just me 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 19

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Is there a page for Little Mix as a whole or is it just one for Leigh Anne?
Because I want to talk about why their stylist hates them.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

totallytaz

Chatty Member
He has the audacity to go on about being stereotyped etc for the colour of his skin. I just saw the collage of tweets and the things he said about black women are atrocious. I do hope he will be called out for it.

Reactions: 17

M.fairy

Chatty Member
She’s been saying that as a black member of the group, she’s the least favourite and has to work ten times harder than her band mates. What a slap in the face for them.

You’re the least favourite because you’re beyond boring. Look at Mel B, she was larger than life in the Spice Girls, easily the biggest personality in that group.
Does she just forget about Jade? Her and Jade are both mixed race. I would say Jades gone through a lot more hate and racism than she has. The fact that both of them have gone through this is awful and I’m definitely not saying this is okay but I do find it very disrespectful to Jade especially.

To be honest I’ve lost all respect for her after she ‘praised’ her fiancé for always speaking out about things he believed in which were wrong - gay people, women, black women, light skins.

Reactions: 16

bubbadabut

VIP Member
With her fame she must have literally hundreds of men who would be better candidates than this one. I'm sure she thinks he's the best thing ever but people like that don't change. Those tweets are a glimpse into future for how he will talk about her once he's tired of her.

Reactions: 15

Handerton

Chatty Member
With her fame she must have literally hundreds of men who would be better candidates than this one. I'm sure she thinks he's the best thing ever but people like that don't change. Those tweets are a glimpse into future for how he will talk about her once he's tired of her.
£££ isn’t it. Girl band members who marry men with jobs (Bunton comes to mind) have to try and keep the fame going for income. Ones who marry footballers (Frankie Bridge) can pick and choose their work to boost the ego. And of course female singers who actually write their songs like Adele can marry whoever they want!

• Heart
Reactions: 14

M.fairy

Chatty Member
I guarantee at that time she was more popular than Jesy - she was getting hate constantly back then. I haven’t watched the doc so can’t comment on what she said etc.. but I don’t wanna listen to her moan about being “poor me” in little mix - we had that with Jesy which, yes she was bullied quite awfully but I’d give anything to have the privilege those 4 girls have, so yeah I don’t wanna listen to her moan about Little Mix fans maybe not cheering as loud as they do for Perrie etc. That to me is sooo petty.

All groups have more popular members - it’s just the way it is. Doesn’t mean fans hate your because of your race. Look at Jason Orange in Take That imagine how he felt being on stage with Robbie Williams hahahahahah!
If it’s 100% down the race why is Jade arguably more popular than Jesy. I love perrie but everyone knows the reason why she is the most popular is because of Zayn. Not cause she’s white.

Reactions: 14

Tommyb

Chatty Member
The only one I actually still ‘stan’ is Jade. Perrie seems lovely I have to admit. I’ve lost a lot respect for Leigh Anne now she’s with that Andre guy and Jesy, well she’s just so fake looking.

I was around my little sisters age when they were on X factor, around a year older to be fair and loved them, but now I’m unsure if their suitable for her, I’m a strong believer in women should be able to dress how the like etc and I had tickets for us to go this year to their summer concert but I don’t want her thinking that it’s normal to have that much plastic surgery (again no issues with plastic surgery, fillers etc, I’m have my lips done but when it transforms you into another person) especially when they promote that you should be natural and love yourself no matter what. They don’t seem PG anymore which is totally fine but not really for their fan base
I agree with you on this. Jade and Perrie I like. Used to like jesy and hate what shes been through but I cannot understand how they all, especially jesy, go on about social media pictures being damaging and there they all are posting photoshoped fake pictures. They are contributing to the problem they complain about.

Leighanne is turning into too much of a poser for me. She seems nice enough but I cant get on board with her horrible fiance . I see shes on a show about racism and I'm not going to deny she has suffered but she said fans didnt scream as loudly for her etc. For me this is because right at the start she really was the weakest singer or seemed like it because she was quite shy. I dont think that was directly a race issue.

Also I cant believe perrie and leighanne are on holiday.. during a pandemic. Each to their own I guess but maybe don't post pictures all over social media of it too much?. As a nurse this gets me.

Reactions: 12

M.fairy

Chatty Member
Why was she banned?
Not ‘banned’ as such, poor choice of words but just won’t be invited to one again haha so more blacklisted. So most brands are very fussy about who they invite anyways and she’s not gonna be very high up anyways cause she hardly Anna Wintour, and there’s also the issue of the loyalty to the Hadids/Zayn, ruling out Versace from word go.

So she got invited to the Moschino show 2 years ago I think? And just her general etiquette was apparently disgusting, then Gigi closed the show in the wedding dress - the ‘star’ of the show, the show was a mess anyways, it was the only Finished outfit. And then she had a ‘coughing fit’ as soon as Gigi came out on the runway and coughed the whole time Gigi was walking - whether it was initial or not it was rude, like people questioned why she didn’t excuse herself quietly, which is general etiquette.

Anyways some designers saw it as an ‘attack’ to Gigi so blacklisted her (and some the rest of little mix too) and others just blacklisted her for her rude behaviour. The fashion industry is so small and bitchy, you put a foot wrong and everyone knows.

• Wow
Reactions: 11

M.fairy

Chatty Member
Jade I love and admire. I like Perrie now, she annoyed me when she was with Zayn, and annoyed me even more when she went through the hate Zigi phase by I do feel for her because she went through a very public breakup, but did seem to make it more public than it needed to be. She seems happy now which I’m glad. I think Jesys 100% insecure which is really sad and just craves the compliments because she’s had all this work done and I don’t think she’s happier now than before the work and even if she is I don’t think it’s because of the work. Leigh Anne, she just confuses me. I used to think she was amazing but I struggle to support someone who is dating a misogynist homophobe who said black women look like burnt toast. I don’t doubt she’s received racism and that’s not okay, but people can dislike you even though your black and it not be because of your skin colour.

Hi there chuck

Only saw his tweets because of this thread.. He insulted so many people ignorantly what a dickhead.

And can I point out she owns an American bully (as do I) which ears are chopped.
I would NEVER get my pups ears chopped or buy a puppy who has. Don't people see how cruel this is!!

• Heart

oddsock17

Sorry, bit off topic… But I don’t understand what the point is of her posting photos with her babies if she doesn’t have their faces in them?
She'll hide them until she does a Rochelle Humes and brings out a baby range then they'll be splashed all over social media esp as there's 2 of them

Reactions: 10

M.fairy

Chatty Member
I don't understand how they can sing about girl power and such yet condone a mysogynistic fiance who has likely cheated in the past... She could do so much better. I always thought she was the quiet sweet one but the vanity is quite clear now, she had to have a party and break rules and always on holiday.
And how they can sing about LGBTQ rights when dating a homophobe. Oh and her speaking out about racism when she’s litterally dating someone who said that black girls with red lipstick on look like burnt toast with jam on it

ShowMeYourFeline

Chatty Member
Leigh-Anne Pillock’s race baiting is vile and offensive.
She’s the least famous because unlike the others, she was neither going out with Zayn, claiming to be suicidal or claiming to have an eating disorder.
Her voice isn’t as good as Perrie or Jade, and Jesy can barely sing but she’s got fans for her “woe is me, I’m curvy” shtick.

Sunraged

Antony from Blue tells an amazing story about this.
When they were successful they pushed to write their own material. The label pointed out that the songwriters they had were in the business for 30 years, had produced hundreds of hits, and writing a hit song is incredibly hard.
The compromise made was that they were allowed to sit in on songwriting sessions and get a credit if they made a contribution. So hes named as a co writer on an album track for saying “what if we change that ‘the’ to an ‘a’ 🤣🤣🤣

A lot of label earners get the ego boost of sitting in on writing sessions, but even as talented a songwriter as Gary Barlow has had a tiny amount of success writing for others. Pinnock is listed as a co writer on one 2015 Britney track on Wikipedia and the rest seems to be “yeah they can co write the album tracks but not the singles”

I’d love to see a breakdown of their tour profits though - must be impossible putting on a suitably flashing show in the mid size venues they play but keeping the ticket prices low because it’s purely a mums and kids audience and they won’t pay over the top cash for tickets
This is absolutely how it works. Co-writing still gets you a little pin money. I co-wrote with a producer who was the producer for Stock Aitken and Waterman's Hit Factory and works to this day with Kylie Minogue. Lovely, lovely bloke, great to work with, did a little minor surgery on three of our tracks, and he took 4%. Every little helps :D

Conversely, Robbie Williams probably took 4% from most of his songs for shite like "and that's a good line to take it to the bridge", and the George Formby-Esque masterpiece "my breath smells of a thousand fags, and when I'm drunk I dance like me dad".

Swift is a lot like Bowie (without having sex with underage girls). Can demo and come up with unique ideas, then relies on great producers and musicians to turn them into hits. That’s a strategy that will see her have a very long career.
With the absolute greatest of respect to you, comparing Taylor Swift, who I do think is very talented, to one of the greatest and most influential pop icons of, and across the last 40/50 years, is a bit of a stretch. Bowie transcended music. Taylor Swift is really, really fucked off by her choices of boyfriends.

Last edited:
  • Haha