Learning to drive.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was good honestly! I managed to do a good amount of left turns and some right turns. We also practiced doing emergency stops. I feel like I picked it up fairly well 😁

I wish you could tell your past self things aren’t going to be as bad as you make them out to be in your head 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just put a deposit down on car 😁 and had my final lesson before my test next week.

The car I've put a deposit down on, is diesel. Does that matter? Some people are telling me its a good thing whereas some say the opposite. Also a few people have raised eyebrows at me for buying a car before I've passed my test, does it matter?
I dislike diesel cause of the fumes it gives off... I think it is more "dirty" than petrol for the environment.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
A couple of my best friends work at car dealerships and they’ve told me not to get a car until I’ve passed so it’s not going to tit sat on the drive.

Reactions: 1
Good luck!
12 days until mine.
Thank you good luck to you too! How are you feeling about it?

A couple of my best friends work at car dealerships and they’ve told me not to get a car until I’ve passed so it’s not going to tit sat on the drive.
My plan is, to practice in it if I don't pass. Although I'm trying to think positively and tell myself I will pass haha

Last edited:
I think (current petrol situation aside) most people practise in their cars. I found having my own invaluable when I was learning. Did have the insure and tax the bloody thing twice before I passed!

Thank you good luck to you too! How are you feeling about it?

My plan is, to practice in it if I don't pass. Although I'm trying to think positively and tell myself I will pass haha
Just want it to be here now, I feel ready for it but I think it’s all down to luck on the day

I passed my theory today thank goodness. Second time it has expired. Happy to be one step closer.

Had to come on here to say because my family are like ‘oh right well done, old news mum’ because I’ve passed it twice before but I hardly got a chance to study for it so I was not confident and I’m very relieved!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So, my 3rd test was on the 16th of September, exactly one year after my last one! I passed with 2 minors! I’ve been driving ever since and I still hate it! Had to go on the motorway yesterday and I thought I was going to have a breakdown - me, not the car. However, on rainy days like today it makes the school run soooo much easier! I’m not gonna pretend that you should learn to relax because it took me some terrible days and eventually anxiety and depression medication to get over my massive anxiety, which I havnt fully, but what I will say is, watch YouTube videos religiously because they help and on a test, chat. Chat to the examiner, it helps!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
So great to see so many people passing!! Well done everyone ❤

• Heart
Congratulations @Thank(space)you and @judsmum sounds like you both smashed it!!

I did roundabouts and roundabouts and roundabouts this morning, it is getting so much easier already and I was able to navigate the last few pretty much independently. Got stuck in a traffic jam so good clutch control practice and did a bit of parking towards the end which was okay, just need lots and lots of practice with that, which is next weeks job. People are really right when they say a good instructor makes a world of difference, I feel so confident and positive coming out of that lesson, which makes a change!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.