Learning to drive.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lesson 3 and I have just gone to town and drove back on a scary main road at 60! So proud of myself with how well I’m picking it up. Im such an anxious person so I was honestly expecting to quit after the first lesson 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thank you for all your comments. I’m going to take my test next week and then report him.

He’s a 63 year old man (works for himself) and I know he teaches a lot teenagers. My own 17 year old brother took lessons with him but he’s dropped him, he wouldn’t say why but I wonder if he’s said something inappropriate to him.
How did your test go???

How did your test go???
I failed. I had a brain dead moment and got confused over his directions. Ended up driving straight ahead when it was right turn only in that lane. Crossed markings I shouldn’t have.

Ive rebooked for March (earliest available) so I’m taking a break from lessons until I find a new instructor. Five minutes before my test starts and mine was telling me he’s been on OnlyFans and talking about someone called Miss Whiplash (!?!?)

Thanks for asking 🙂

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I failed. I had a brain dead moment and got confused over his directions. Ended up driving straight ahead when it was right turn only in that lane. Crossed markings I shouldn’t have.

Ive rebooked for March (earliest available) so I’m taking a break from lessons until I find a new instructor. Five minutes before my test starts and mine was telling me he’s been on OnlyFans and talking about someone called Miss Whiplash (!?!?)

Thanks for asking 🙂
Please report him now - the guy shouldn’t be out on the roads teaching anyone to drive.

good - get yourself a new instructor, and keep an eye out for cancellations to get that test done again sooner, you’ll smash it next time I’m sure 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I failed my driving test the first time and passed second time - the second time was one of the best drives I've ever done 😂

You'll get there ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I passed second time too

Statistically second time passes are safer drivers 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hope you all don’t mind if I join in! I’ve been reading this whole thread from the start 😂
I have my first test in just under two weeks and I am so nervous!
I will be 35 weeks pregnant and I am heavily relying on passing 😭 this is my second baby and I’m approaching 30 now and really need to get this done and dusted. If I fail I’ll rebook straight away but my theory runs out at the end of February so not sure if I’ll manage to do it before then (duck you covid) but I used a website to get a cancellation on my current test which I got pretty easily tbh so I’m hoping I can do that next time.

I started learning to drive right before covid and I hated it, I’m so uncoordinated and just couldn’t get my head around clutch and gears etc so I decided to learn automatic and I’m now so much more confident on the road! I have x2 more 2 hour lessons before my test plus I’m going out with my partner whenever I can between work to practice but my manoeuvres aren’t great tbh. Hoping I can brush up on them over the next couple of weeks but praying for a miracle, I passed my theory first time and it would make my life if I passed my practical first time too, I honestly never thought I’d get as far as I have though and I’m feeling positive.

Any driving test tips are welcome!!! I’ve spent hours googling driving tests when heavily pregnant 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 1
Not sure where everyone's from but am scottish, my brother was a instructer instructor, meant he not only tought others to drive but also others to become driving instructors, I am TERRIBLE at driving, absolutely hate it with a passion but what I will say is it is better to pass in a manual than a automatic even if you do want to go auto, if you pass a manual then you can go to auto without tests but can't vice versa, also this come from him but it's more likely for you to pass in the beginning of the month than the end, they are more critical an will mark up more things at the end than the beginning that will fail you, if a examiner has too many passes at the beginning then they start to be looked into if that continues all the way through the month so usually they tend to pass more in the beginning then when they realise there's quite a few passing become more an more strictor on what they will mark down that could cause fails, obvs if you feel you did great at the end an it was a fail you can appeal an have your instructor in the car next test but usually your a wreak an what they say you just take in, also don't worry to much if you take wrong directions, they can't actually fail you if you go somewhere else than they directed so long as it's done safely, I.e not crossing onto wrong lanes or cutting someone off etc, my test he said turn right an I went left lol but I didn't do anything wrong in my driving just took a different turn, he passed me so even if you go a different direction then just make sure you keep the road rules correct an it's fine, also I know from him that the pararell parking is the biggest one for people failing because they don't realise that they can drive forward as many times as they want, I know a lot think they only get one chance to revers in, drive forward then reverse back again, for me I swear I kept going back an forth like ole 12 times cause as long as I looked forward when I went forward an looked back when I reversed they couldn't fail for taken forever to do that lol, hope all that helps

Hope you all don’t mind if I join in! I’ve been reading this whole thread from the start 😂
I have my first test in just under two weeks and I am so nervous!
I will be 35 weeks pregnant and I am heavily relying on passing 😭 this is my second baby and I’m approaching 30 now and really need to get this done and dusted. If I fail I’ll rebook straight away but my theory runs out at the end of February so not sure if I’ll manage to do it before then (duck you covid) but I used a website to get a cancellation on my current test which I got pretty easily tbh so I’m hoping I can do that next time.

I started learning to drive right before covid and I hated it, I’m so uncoordinated and just couldn’t get my head around clutch and gears etc so I decided to learn automatic and I’m now so much more confident on the road! I have x2 more 2 hour lessons before my test plus I’m going out with my partner whenever I can between work to practice but my manoeuvres aren’t great tbh. Hoping I can brush up on them over the next couple of weeks but praying for a miracle, I passed my theory first time and it would make my life if I passed my practical first time too, I honestly never thought I’d get as far as I have though and I’m feeling positive.

Any driving test tips are welcome!!! I’ve spent hours googling driving tests when heavily pregnant 🤣🤣🤣
Observation is the most important thing . Everything you do in driving depends on what you have seen going on around you.

If you feel a manoeuvre isn't going well, go back to the beginning of the manoeuvre and do it again.

Good luck

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Observation is the most important thing . Everything you do in driving depends on what you have seen going on around you.

If you feel a manoeuvre isn't going well, go back to the beginning of the manoeuvre and do it again.

Good luck
Thank you! This is defo something I’ve been drilling into my head so need to remember it on the day 🙄😂

I’ve got the Testi app and there’s never any cancellations. Even when there is you can click them the second they pop up and they are gone.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I will say the one thing my brother always drilled into me an honestly I felt like a clown was really go a bit over the top with head movements with looking in the mirrors, most instructors will say that but just incase, you have to check mirrors for EVERYTHING it's annoying an I felt like I was moving my head literally ever 3 seconds but the examiners can't tell if your just glancing your eyes like a normal person does lol so somtimes don't know if your checking or not, I belive it goes down as a minor anyway so long as it's not somthing where you do definitely need to check like changing lanes etc an it used to be no more than 12 minors to still pass but it does help to do a little head movement every time you need to check somthing in the mirror just so you make it obvs to the examiner that you are checking lol

• Heart
I will say the one thing my brother always drilled into me an honestly I felt like a clown was really go a bit over the top with head movements with looking in the mirrors, most instructors will say that but just incase, you have to check mirrors for EVERYTHING it's annoying an I felt like I was moving my head literally ever 3 seconds but the examiners can't tell if your just glancing your eyes like a normal person does lol so somtimes don't know if your checking or not, I belive it goes down as a minor anyway so long as it's not somthing where you do definitely need to check like changing lanes etc an it used to be no more than 12 minors to still pass but it does help to do a little head movement every time you need to check somthing in the mirror just so you make it obvs to the examiner that you are checking lol
I told the examinee every time. I said "I'm checking my mirrors now" before/as I checked them. Got 4 minors but none of them were for observations

Reactions: 3
I told the examinee every time. I said "I'm checking my mirrors now" before/as I checked them. Got 4 minors but none of them were for observations
Yeah I kept trying to remeber to move my head to let them see, some of them can be super critical than others so somtimes it's down to the actual examiner, I ended up with 2 minors on my test an he said it was cause he felt a clean sheet would be suspicious so I got one for unnecessary indicating because I indicated an there wasnt a car around an another for being a bit slow taking my foot off the clutch

More than 4 of a particular minor becomes a major. So definitely over exaggerate the observations!

Ahh good to know, I had always been told it was I think up to 12 minors before it was failed but didn't realise more than 4 of the same thing becomes a major, that's helpful but I agree, it's better to over exaggerate and then they can say that they missed it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.