Learning to drive.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Three weeks today for my test šŸš— Iā€™ve only told one person when it is so that thereā€™s no pressure from anyone else.

I have been having the best lessons so fingers crossed I drive as good on the day šŸ¤Ŗ

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Good luck everyone with upcoming tests! I'm a way off mine yet but my lessons are definitely becoming a lot easier.

I think learning auto is a wise choice at the moment, 10 years ago sure, it was very limiting and i think most people getting critical of autos are stuck in that mindset. Nowadays it is very different! I'm learning manual but I do think it is a bit of a waste when all cars will be electric soon enough šŸ˜‚ so I would say absolutely go for it!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Good luck everyone with upcoming tests! I'm a way off mine yet but my lessons are definitely becoming a lot easier.

I think learning auto is a wise choice at the moment, 10 years ago sure, it was very limiting and i think most people getting critical of autos are stuck in that mindset. Nowadays it is very different! I'm learning manual but I do think it is a bit of a waste when all cars will be electric soon enough šŸ˜‚ so I would say absolutely go for it!
All cars being electric is way off, itā€™s at least 30 years away. The infrastructure just isnā€™t in place for it at all as yet and at the moment electric vehicles are charged via the burning of fossil fuels!!!!

Reactions: 2
Sat doing a bay park today and my instructor starts talking about bondage..!? šŸ˜³ Heā€™s said a few odd things about women in catsuits before or talked about where the ā€˜ladies of the nightā€™ worked but I felt so uncomfortable.

My 17 year old brother was learning with him too but he suddenly sacked him and heā€™s waiting to learn with someone else. Iā€™m wondering what heā€™s said to him!

2.5 weeks til my test or id be off!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Sat doing a bay park today and my instructor starts talking about bondage..!? šŸ˜³ Heā€™s said a few odd things about women in catsuits before or talked about where the ā€˜ladies of the nightā€™ worked but I felt so uncomfortable.

My 17 year old brother was learning with him too but he suddenly sacked him and heā€™s waiting to learn with someone else. Iā€™m wondering what heā€™s said to him!

2.5 weeks til my test or id be off!
If you feel comfortable to do so, it may be worth reporting him to whomever the regulatory body is for driving instructors.

If you feel comfortable to do so, it may be worth reporting him to whomever the regulatory body is for driving instructors.
I think I will if I pass. Hes already made me change my test three times due to him being double booked for it and heā€™s very racist.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
I had a dream about my driving test - I forgot to put shoes on and the examiner wasnā€™t impressed šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Had a lesson today, only 1 more lesson now until my test. Today's lesson wasn't the best, it wasn't bad at all, and at the end of the lesson she reassured me she has no concerns that I won't pass. It's just my nerves kicking in a bit I think. I was thinking or taking kalms to help a bit in the week before my test. Does anyone think this will help?

I'm more confident with my actual driving than I am with my manoeuvres šŸ˜ I'm happy with my parallel parking, and parking on the right. Just not so happy with my bay parking.

Had a lesson today, only 1 more lesson now until my test. Today's lesson wasn't the best, it wasn't bad at all, and at the end of the lesson she reassured me she has no concerns that I won't pass. It's just my nerves kicking in a bit I think. I was thinking or taking kalms to help a bit in the week before my test. Does anyone think this will help?

I'm more confident with my actual driving than I am with my manoeuvres šŸ˜ I'm happy with my parallel parking, and parking on the right. Just not so happy with my bay parking.
Remember with bay parking you can ask to check how straight you are and open your door and have a look. Obviously you have to stay seated. You can also pull out and straighten up as many times as needed .

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Remember with bay parking you can ask to check how straight you are and open your door and have a look. Obviously you have to stay seated. You can also pull out and straighten up as many times as needed .
Yeah this is what happened to me. I had a reverse bay park at the end of my test and I backed in, but I wasnā€™t in the lines and I said to the examiner, ā€œwhat happens if I donā€™t get it in the lines?ā€ And he said ā€œwell you fail your testā€. So at that point I realised I hadnā€™t failed and I needed to get it in the lines! Luckily my instructors car had a reverse camera and I just used the lines to line myself up!šŸ˜‚

• Heart
She had a new car, my first time in it so I think it was just my reference points needed fine tuning. I'm trying to think positively about it and I keep having day dreams about passing so šŸ¤žšŸ½

I was all ready for my test tomorrow and theyā€™ve gone and cancelled it. Giving me the closest date of the 3/12. Absolutely gutted.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I was all ready for my test tomorrow and theyā€™ve gone and cancelled it. Giving me the closest date of the 3/12. Absolutely gutted.
That is awful!! And to have to wait so long until the next date as well. I'm so sorry, gutted for you.

Had my second lesson this morning, I think it went really well all things considered but bloody hell are roundabouts hard. I just can't get my head on straight when it comes to slowing down, changing gears, lane discipline and position and looking for what is coming on the right šŸ¤Æ I know I'll get there and my instructor has been fab so far. I'm bloody exhausted now.

• Heart
I've heard a few people having this happen now, I'm sorry it's happened to you. I'm sure there will be cancellations before 3/12. Keeping everything crossed for you lovely.

That is awful!! And to have to wait so long until the next date as well. I'm so sorry, gutted for you.

Had my second lesson this morning, I think it went really well all things considered but bloody hell are roundabouts hard. I just can't get my head on straight when it comes to slowing down, changing gears, lane discipline and position and looking for what is coming on the right šŸ¤Æ I know I'll get there and my instructor has been fab so far. I'm bloody exhausted now.
You will get there I used to be exactly the same. Found roundabouts so overwhelming but keep keep it. Dgn videos on you tube are great too

Last edited:
I've heard a few people having this happen now, I'm sorry it's happened to you. I'm sure there will be cancellations before 3/12. Keeping everything crossed for you lovely.

You will get there I used to be exactly the same. Found roundabouts so overwhelming but keep keep it. Dgn videos on you tube are great too
Roundabouts weā€™re honestly my worst fear, but I just keep saying to myself ā€œmirror, signal manoeuvreā€ - baby steps and get your speed right down, and work on judging other cars from there. I still find it a bit tricky on bigger roundabouts but itā€™s come on so far since Iā€™ve started talking myself through the steps.

Just put a deposit down on car šŸ˜ and had my final lesson before my test next week.

The car I've put a deposit down on, is diesel. Does that matter? Some people are telling me its a good thing whereas some say the opposite. Also a few people have raised eyebrows at me for buying a car before I've passed my test, does it matter?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just put a deposit down on car šŸ˜ and had my final lesson before my test next week.

The car I've put a deposit down on, is diesel. Does that matter? Some people are telling me its a good thing whereas some say the opposite. Also a few people have raised eyebrows at me for buying a car before I've passed my test, does it matter?
Diesel is marginally cheaper than petrol, but not by very much - it used to be considerably cheaper but not anymore. It really doesnā€™t matter in the grand scheme of things. Donā€™t over think it!!!!
If you are buying a car (or anything else!) with your own money - then frankly itā€™s no one elseā€™s business! Stop worrying about what other people think.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.