Learning to drive.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same old same old. Instructor says I drive very well, just need to slow down going around corners. Test is still in November.

Hope everyone is going on ok xx

Reactions: 2
How's everybody getting on? Another lesson tomorrow 😐 fed up so posting here for my weekly moan
My instructor is off for two weeks now so it will be three weeks without a lesson for me but im very happy with my driving.
My test should have been 13th august but he didn’t realise he was double booked so it’s now in October. I could whinge but I want to be as prepared as possible, I noticed the test dates this morning were for January 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Had my lesson today, my instructor said the reason he's not convinced I'll be ready in time is my confidence. He said I've got the knowledge and the understanding.

He also said if you get both show me/tell me questions wrong it's a major but it's not?

He also said if you get both show me/tell me questions wrong it's a major but it's not?
I need to ask my instructor about show me/tell me questions. We haven’t gone over them at all. I’m not sure how the windscreen wipers work or how to put the lights on 😂

Had my lesson today, my instructor said the reason he's not convinced I'll be ready in time is my confidence. He said I've got the knowledge and the understanding.

Your instructor is a professional but I’d argue it must be hard to have confidence in yourself if your instructor doesn’t! You’ve been practicing for a long time, you’ve got this. We all have faith in you ☺

• Heart

he thought you were test ready in June, his constant back tracking now is just bullshit. You are ready to take your teat, do
not under any circumstances allow him to undermine that or try to postpone the test again.

you can revise the show me, tell me questions and answers yourself - there’s heaps of resources online.

your test is in September- you just Need to crack on and take the test!

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Lack of confidence is not the same as lack of ability. Loads of competent drivers have low confidence.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I thought it was minor!
He is eroding your confidence by chopping and changing constantly! He’s a changing the goal posts constantly.

Reactions: 4
Looking for a car is such a bloody pain 😩
My test is in 8 weeks, I'm on holiday next week so will have 7 lessons before then.
Only thing my instructor says I need to work on is my confidence.
I'm gonna drive my sisters car on holiday in an unfamiliar city so I'm hoping that will give me a boost

Looking for a car is such a bloody pain 😩
My test is in 8 weeks, I'm on holiday next week so will have 7 lessons before then.
Only thing my instructor says I need to work on is my confidence.
I'm gonna drive my sisters car on holiday in an unfamiliar city so I'm hoping that will give me a boost
7 lessons is loads of time. 7 hours of driving.

stop over thinking it. You can already drive. You are ready for your test. All you can do is take the test and hope for the best. If you pass then it’s awesome but if you don’t pass you at least know what the test is really like which is beneficial

• Heart
Hope you’re all doing well!

I’ve just come back from a lesson where my instructor says I need to use my mirrors. I’m not being stubborn by writing this, but I do thoroughly use my mirrors before signalling etc. How can I make it more obvious that I’m looking at the mirrors?!

My next lesson is Friday after his three week summer holiday. It should have been my driving test but he was double booked!

I’ve just come back from a lesson where my instructor says I need to use my mirrors. I’m not being stubborn by writing this, but I do thoroughly use my mirrors before signalling etc. How can I make it more obvious that I’m looking at the mirrors?!
Mine said the same and I told him I checked them every single time, he just couldn’t see me so I now make it a bit more obvious by just moving my head 😅

Say it out loud, literally say it every time - “checking my mirrors/looking in my mirror now and yeah it’s Ll clear” an hour of that and your instructor won’t pick you up on it again!! 🤣

• Haha

As others have said, make it more obvious but also make sure you’re checking before slowing down, speeding up, changing gear, entering a new road, pulling off at traffic lights etc cos that’s what the examiners are looking out for

Thanks for your all tips! I am really conscious of using my mirrors (there’s some idiots on the road where I drive) but I think the art of being subtle isn’t working with my instructor 😅

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.