Learning to drive.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was just having a nosey at this thread. I applaud anyone who learns to drive, it is so tricky for some people (myself included!) but it opens your world up so much and the feeling of not having to rely on anyone for lifts does wonders for your sense of self-sufficiency. I passed 10 years ago this year but it took me nearly two years of 6-8 hours of lessons a week. It was soul-destroying if I'm being honest 😂 but again so SO worth it. I'm wishing you all the best of luck, you can do it. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I've bit the bullet and finally message another instructor about availability 😬🙈
Awesome. Hope it works out well. I have to take my theory again soon but have had to reschedule my initial appointment due to childcare issues. When will this eeeeeeennnnnd. At least in NI there are now plenty of theory test dates available.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Driving lesson with a different instructor booked in for Saturday. Very nervous and excited. I'm really really hoping this helps with my confidence

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Driving lesson with a different instructor booked in for Saturday. Very nervous and excited. I'm really really hoping this helps with my confidence
Good on ya.
don’t tell the new instructor anything about the old one. perhaps mention that you are a little nervous and let them guide you through the lesson but have faith in your ability - you CAN drive; you can. You know you can. You’ll do great 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Good on ya.
don’t tell the new instructor anything about the old one. perhaps mention that you are a little nervous and let them guide you through the lesson but have faith in your ability - you CAN drive; you can. You know you can. You’ll do great 👍
I’m with Betty. Just show this one what you can do!

Reactions: 3
I didnt realise my provisional expired 2 weeks ago 🤦🏽‍♀️ I've reapplied today but does it mean I can't do my lesson tomorrow? (New instructor)

Reactions: 1
I didnt realise my provisional expired 2 weeks ago 🤦🏽‍♀️ I've reapplied today but does it mean I can't do my lesson tomorrow? (New instructor)
They might ask to see it.

I would tell a white lie and say you sent it off a few weeks ago as it needed renewing and you haven't had it back yet (There is a pretty big backlog at the DVLA)

• Heart
Is it just the photo that has expired? Cos they need updated every 10 years. Or do you have to renew it for medical reasons. If its the photo you can legally drive while it is being updated, but the instructor might want to see it . Send them a text and see what they say .

Is it just the photo that has expired? Cos they need updated every 10 years. Or do you have to renew it for medical reasons. If its the photo you can legally drive while it is being updated, but the instructor might want to see it . Send them a text and see what they say .
It's just the photo yes, I'll drop her a message

I had a practice driving test yesterday.. Failed 😂 Someone flew out of nowhere on a roundabout, cut me up and I had to slam my breaks on. They must have been going double the speed limit 🤬

• Sad
I had a practice driving test yesterday.. Failed 😂 Someone flew out of nowhere on a roundabout, cut me up and I had to slam my breaks on. They must have been going double the speed limit 🤬
I failed a driving test because of someone else speeding, I was pulling out a junction and had to stop as they came speeding up the hill, and I was about 5 inches over the line, which meant he had to slightly swerve. I was livid, especially because there was literally nothing else I could have done and it was his fault for doing at least double the speed limit! 😡😡
It’s so much worse when it’s someone else fault, isn’t it?! Like what would any driver have done in that situation? Surely it was better to be slightly over the line rather than him going into the side of me?!
Anyway, sorry I didn’t mean to make that about me, just sharing my frustration with you! Do you have a test booked?

• Angry
How can they fail you if it was another drivers fault?
Probably a dumb question I don’t drive but that seems very harsh and unfair. Surely if you reacted in as safe a manner as possible it shows you are competent and also aware on roads.

How can they fail you if it was another drivers fault?
Probably a dumb question I don’t drive but that seems very harsh and unfair. Surely if you reacted in as safe a manner as possible it shows you are competent and also aware on roads.
I’d assume they would say there wasn’t enough care taken when looking at the flow/speed of traffic and judging the speed of oncoming vehicles etc - they will say she should have held back completely until the speeding driver had Cleared the roundabout.

I failed a driving test because of someone else speeding, I was pulling out a junction and had to stop as they came speeding up the hill, and I was about 5 inches over the line, which meant he had to slightly swerve. I was livid, especially because there was literally nothing else I could have done and it was his fault for doing at least double the speed limit! 😡😡
It’s so much worse when it’s someone else fault, isn’t it?! Like what would any driver have done in that situation? Surely it was better to be slightly over the line rather than him going into the side of me?!
Anyway, sorry I didn’t mean to make that about me, just sharing my frustration with you! Do you have a test booked?
My test is in six weeks. Do you have another booked?

I feel confident at driving but I’m worried I’m going to fail because of other drivers driving like this. We can react all we want but it’s still classed as a dangerous fault 🤪 I was talking to my friend about it last night and he said people do this to him every single day on his way home from work.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.