Learning to drive.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Use your lessons to do mock tests. There’s no point just driving around aimlessly, tell your instructor you want to do mock tests and just drill all the manouvers/test routes/independant drives etc - they should be using the time YOU are paying them for properly.
I am driving on the test routes to be fair. It just feels very samey! I’m always picking up new things though and my anticipation / hazard awareness is improving so much.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
So my next test date was December, been trying like mad to get a cancellation but they get snapped up in seconds! Everytime I get a notification on the app it's already gone even though I click straight away. Then this morning they've been releasing loads!!!! My app is going mad, got a new date for October, then 5 mins later an August date came up so changed it again! I have 6 weeks to prepare now, thank God I've got one so much sooner!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
So my next test date was December, been trying like mad to get a cancellation but they get snapped up in seconds! Everytime I get a notification on the app it's already gone even though I click straight away. Then this morning they've been releasing loads!!!! My app is going mad, got a new date for October, then 5 mins later an August date came up so changed it again! I have 6 weeks to prepare now, thank God I've got one so much sooner!
I use the Testi app but they don’t always send notifications even though I paid for premium. 9 out of 10 times I check the app and there’s tests on there… no notifications!

I use the Testi app but they don’t always send notifications even though I paid for premium. 9 out of 10 times I check the app and there’s tests on there… no notifications!
Mine has been like that! I’ve looked, seen dates which disappear as soon as I click on them but never got a notification. Then other times I get loads of notifications 🤷‍♀️

Mine has been like that! I’ve looked, seen dates which disappear as soon as I click on them but never got a notification. Then other times I get loads of notifications 🤷‍♀️
Sometimes I’ll open it and there will be a full week of dates but no text. I always just randomly check it myself now.

Ugh, not looking forward to my driving lesson tomorrow. It might be my mental health playing up but I feel like my instructor doesn't believe in me. He's asked me to bring a list of questions/topics I'm unsure of to tomorrow's lesson. The only thing I can think of is the show me tell me stuff as he's never covered that with me.
I've got to cancel my lesson next week as my healthcare at home nurse is coming and they never give you a specific time that they're coming. So I'm dreading having to tell him even though it's my actual health which is more important than driving.
Part of me thinks maybe I should look for an intensive course and just do that eg a 10 hour course and test afterwards.

Have you had any notifications at all from it?
Yeah but not often. I opened the app this morning and there was a few days of tests on there and no notifications. My brother uses it and said the same yesterday.

Not worth the £10. I just check myself now

Ugh, not looking forward to my driving lesson tomorrow. It might be my mental health playing up but I feel like my instructor doesn't believe in me. He's asked me to bring a list of questions/topics I'm unsure of to tomorrow's lesson. The only thing I can think of is the show me tell me stuff as he's never covered that with me.
I've got to cancel my lesson next week as my healthcare at home nurse is coming and they never give you a specific time that they're coming. So I'm dreading having to tell him even though it's my actual health which is more important than driving.
Part of me thinks maybe I should look for an intensive course and just do that eg a 10 hour course and test afterwards.
I think you are really over thinking everything and getting yourself in a pickle!

your instructor probably asked you to bring a list because he wants to spend your lessons focusing on things you maybe don’t feel as confident at - is there nothing else you want to brush up on/work on? are you banging out all your manoeuvres perfectly every time? Are you completely confident doing the independent drives? Are you at ease with things like roundabouts/going through the gears etc? i don’t think he’s trying to trip you up - I think he’s probably just wanting to narrow down the areas you feel you want extra help with in the run up to your Test.

that being said - please, just try a lesson with a different instructor- just to see how you get on with someone different?

can you not just drop him a text or something regarding next weeks lesson? And ask for it to be rescheduled rather than cancelling it?

Reactions: 2
I think you are really over thinking everything and getting yourself in a pickle!

your instructor probably asked you to bring a list because he wants to spend your lessons focusing on things you maybe don’t feel as confident at - is there nothing else you want to brush up on/work on? are you banging out all your manoeuvres perfectly every time? Are you completely confident doing the independent drives? Are you at ease with things like roundabouts/going through the gears etc? i don’t think he’s trying to trip you up - I think he’s probably just wanting to narrow down the areas you feel you want extra help with in the run up to your Test.

that being said - please, just try a lesson with a different instructor- just to see how you get on with someone different?

can you not just drop him a text or something regarding next weeks lesson? And ask for it to be rescheduled rather than cancelling it?
He's told me that he doesn't have any other availability for me - so I can't reschedule 😔 I prefer independent driving to my lessons tbh 🙈

Is anyone else worried the restrictions will come back and cancel our tests?
Yep! Been worried about this since my test was postponed 🙇🏽‍♀️

He's told me that he doesn't have any other availability for me - so I can't reschedule 😔 I prefer independent driving to my lessons tbh 🙈

Yep! Been worried about this since my test was postponed 🙇🏽‍♀️
ok so why don’t you contact a few other instructors and get a lesson booked in with someone else?

ok so why don’t you contact a few other instructors and get a lesson booked in with someone else?
I think you would be so much happier if you did. Totally understand the struggle. I’ve already written about e instructor who was make me miserable but I did nothing to change thesituation.

Reactions: 3
With this whole sanitary pass regulation, I'm seriously hoping the Irish government won't also extend it to driving lessons/tests although I have a feeling they will (if we don't wind up in another lockdown in September, that is).

With this whole sanitary pass regulation, I'm seriously hoping the Irish government won't also extend it to driving lessons/tests although I have a feeling they will (if we don't wind up in another lockdown in September, that is).
What is this regulation, if you don’t mind? :):)

Reactions: 2
First lesson since December this afternoon 😬 explained to my instructor that I need a couple of hours of back to basics to start with just to get my confidence back up so hopefully not too much to worry about 😖

• Heart
Reactions: 3
First lesson since December this afternoon 😬 explained to my instructor that I need a couple of hours of back to basics to start with just to get my confidence back up so hopefully not too much to worry about 😖
Hope it goes well!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.