Learning to drive.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think automatics stall so that might help! I couldn’t cope with the stress of stalling!
Automatics do not stall.

I tried learning manual when living in the UK and stopped. Moved to Canada where all lessons are in an automatic and passed first time after only 10 hours of lessons I think it was, 5 lessons total. Here on your test you must do a parallel park. You get three chances. If you can't complete it, it's an automatic fail. No roundabouts though, we have stop signs instead. Which again, you must do properly or is an automatic fail.

Reactions: 2
Congratulations @Belulah yay for you!

I’m in NI and tests and lessons have just started up again, I’ve managed to get a test slot for the end of July but I want to change instructor and am struggling to find someone. I don’t like the added pandemic pressure!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I have a test booked for June but I’ve just moved and can’t find an instructor for love nor money 🤦🏻‍♀️

I have a test booked for June but I’ve just moved and can’t find an instructor for love nor money 🤦🏻‍♀️
You could join some local facebook pages and ask if anyone knows of any? I see a few people do this where I live

You could join some local facebook pages and ask if anyone knows of any? I see a few people do this where I live
Yeah I’ve got in contact with all of them I’ve seen and they all have waiting lists 😂 I’m still waiting on two to come back though so 🤞🏻😬

Does anyone else piss loads before their driving lesson!? Had my driving lesson this afternoon and must have gone for a wee 5 times the hour before 🤣

Lesson went really well though, did some roundabouts I'm not used to doing and need to work on my approach cos I don't half panic myself lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Does anyone else piss loads before their driving lesson!? Had my driving lesson this afternoon and must have gone for a wee 5 times the hour before 🤣

Lesson went really well though, did some roundabouts I'm not used to doing and need to work on my approach cos I don't half panic myself lol
Omg yes 😆🤣

• Haha

Yes! I remember 2 hour lessons I’d get 10 mins in and already need to pee. Would have to go extra slow over speed bumps 😂 It’s definitely nerves!

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Yes nervous wees! Have had to go for an emergency wee in the test centre before my test both times too, maybes I’ll hold it in next time to keep me focused 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Driving lesson tomorrow, feeling very despondent about it. Feel like I'm never gonna get there and I'm wasting my money 😭 my friends are sick of hearing me moaning about it and have even questioned me whether it's worth me continuing my lessons as I don't enjoy them.

I just want to be done with lessons and be able to drive now 😩😭

Reactions: 3
Driving lesson tomorrow, feeling very despondent about it. Feel like I'm never gonna get there and I'm wasting my money 😭 my friends are sick of hearing me moaning about it and have even questioned me whether it's worth me continuing my lessons as I don't enjoy them.

Talk to your instructor and put a plan together of areas you need to work on/improve on - it might help to focus your mind and allow you to feel like you are working on specific things rather than just driving around with no sense of purpose?

Talk to your instructor and put a plan together of areas you need to work on/improve on - it might help to focus your mind and allow you to feel like you are working on specific things rather than just driving around with no sense of purpose?
Is it possible for you to book your test and give you something to work to?At least it would mean an end date was in sight.

Congratulations @Belulah yay for you!

I’m in NI and tests and lessons have just started up again, I’ve managed to get a test slot for the end of July but I want to change instructor and am struggling to find someone. I don’t like the added pandemic pressure!
May I ask whereabouts in NI you are? My instructor was fantastic and I can give you her details if you’re local.

I think you should tell your instructor how you feel and have a lesson plan in place. For example, mine gives me some homework to do (mainly watching YouTube videos) on what we’ll be doing on my next lesson. I’ve had 4 hours with her so far and I’ve learnt more in those hours than I did with my last instructor over 15 hours. My driving has come along quickly as well.

I hope your lesson goes ok tomorrow x

May I ask whereabouts in NI you are? My instructor was fantastic and I can give you her details if you’re local.
Thanks so much, I got sorted. Getting started with lessons again next week hopefully.

Good luck to @Thank(space)you hope you have a good lesson and it lifts your spirits.

• Heart
My instructor told me currently it’s 17 weeks waiting time for our local test centre (Suffolk)- which means people can not actually book as the calendar on the website only shows 16 weeks ahead.

• Wow
Moved my test to September to get on a waiting list with an instructor, hope everyone is doing well!

• Heart
Oh god I am feeling more and more pressure to pass in July cos otherwise I’m gonna have months to wait for my next test 😩

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.