LBC Radio #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Excellent LBC reporter Rachel Venables is now regarded as a "shouty gammon". :oops:
LBC''s News bulletin reader Phil Krysakos is being stalked in B&Q now by LBC officianado Colin from Gerrard's Cross.
:oops:

I find James O’Brien insufferable. The way he picks fights with people who have an opinion different to his own. The way he mentions Brexit every five minutes, regardless of topic. And his awful presenting style. Last Tuesday (2 November so still on catch-up if you want to hear this appalling example of radio presenting) his show started like this:

[sting] “This is LBC, from Global. Leading Britain’s conversation with James O’Brien
James OB: “Good morning. Three minutes after ten is the time and you are listening to James O’Brien on LBC, it’s three minutes after ten.”

He constantly repeats what the sting has just said and, on this occasion, even repeated what he just said himself.

Reactions: 3
I find James O’Brien insufferable. The way he picks fights with people who have an opinion different to his own. The way he mentions Brexit every five minutes, regardless of topic. And his awful presenting style. Last Tuesday (2 November so still on catch-up if you want to hear this appalling example of radio presenting) his show started like this:

[sting] “This is LBC, from Global. Leading Britain’s conversation with James O’Brien
James OB: “Good morning. Three minutes after ten is the time and you are listening to James O’Brien on LBC, it’s three minutes after ten.”

He constantly repeats what the sting has just said and, on this occasion, even repeated what he just said himself.
Unfortunately, recent RAJAR figures have him as the second most listened to presenter after Ferrari. 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Unfortunately, recent RAJAR figures have him as the second most listened to presenter after Ferrari. 🙄
That’s interesting.

What about Eddie Mair? He’s the other presenter on LBC I just cannot listen to which frustrates me because it’s a time of day I often want to listen to the radio!

I’m hoping Eddie Mair won’t be sticking around too long.

He also seems to be triggered by successful women especially if they are Tories. There is a word for men who verbally attack successful women

He is the first LBC presenter in the day to lose audience on his predecessor. There is the Steve Allen "spike" and the enormous surge in listeners driven by Nick Ferrari whereas James does not add a single one and sends the numbers into decline.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
He also seems to be triggered by successful women especially if they are Tories. There is a word for men who verbally attack successful women

He is the first LBC presenter in the day to lose audience on his predecessor. There is the Steve Allen "spike" and the enormous surge in listeners driven by Nick Ferrari whereas James does not add a single one and sends the numbers into decline.
I have no idea how Nadine Dorries has landed her current position. She is shocking in my opinion.

As for James whether you like him or not you cannot deny he has very good listening figures and he is now very close to NF.

Nick Abbott was funny last night. Complaining that Steve Allen had let him down. Nick said he was hungry and normally when Steve's been in the place looks like an M&S Foodhall with food everywhere but last night there was nothing! The downside of Steve not working weekends 😁

Nick also some proper weirdos calling in.

This is interesting from Majid, speaking to a cardiologist. I saw this on his Twitter. Is he anti-vax? I don't really listen to his stuff, but this stuff always attracts the anti-vaxxers. Not that I'm judging anybody by refusing to get the vaccine, ultimately it's their choice.

Legendary LBC listener Colin from the LBC Clubhouse is urging Jobby to drag Nadine Dorries through the courts after she called Jobby a fuckwit nearly 5 years ago
😁
Yes I think we know the sort. The sort that would probably get a Yorkshire cricketer in trouble for an alleged comment made 15 years ago and most likely taken out of context perhaps? I believe George Orwell described this kind of thing in a book.

Switches on LBC

2 minutes of Nick Abbot whinges about Brexit with all our ills blamed on Brexiters.

Switches off LBC

Reactions: 4
Gladys Pugh
Ted Bovis
Peggy
Steve is working his way through his Hi-De-Hi dvd boxset 😁
Campanology, always fancied trying bell ringing
Cannon & Ball, Bernie Clifton
Driving past George Harrison's mansion (it has an underground lake) on the way to visit mother in Henley.

Gladys Pugh
Ted Bovis
Peggy
Steve is working his way through his Hi-De-Hi dvd boxset 😁
Campanology, always fancied trying bell ringing
Cannon & Ball, Bernie Clifton
Driving past George Harrison's mansion (it has an underground lake) on the way to visit mother in Henley.
Rachel Riley and Anne Robinson 'They're both nice.' Blimey, that's a first!

Does anybody else have an issue with catch up for Steve's show? I can get everyone else's, bar Steve's. Really odd. It's been that way for a couple weeks now, so I have to search out the podcast for the whole show instead. I normally use the LBC app.

Rachel Riley and Anne Robinson 'They're both nice.' Blimey, that's a first!
Yeah he refuses to believe that they don't get along & it's all drama for the camera.
Very little food talk today too.

Does anybody else have an issue with catch up for Steve's show? I can get everyone else's, bar Steve's. Really odd. It's been that way for a couple weeks now, so I have to search out the podcast for the whole show instead. I normally use the LBC app.
Sorry, don't use catch up or the app, maybe everything Steve does is being vetted first in case he's dropped a clanger?
After the tilly drama

• Haha
Yes I think we know the sort. The sort that would probably get a Yorkshire cricketer in trouble for an alleged comment made 15 years ago and most likely taken out of context perhaps? I believe George Orwell described this kind of thing in a book.
Yet apparently the fact that James O'Brien regularly used the phrase "fatty, fat, fats" is all in the past and should be forgotten.

I have no idea how Nadine Dorries has landed her current position. She is shocking in my opinion.

As for James whether you like him or not you cannot deny he has very good listening figures and he is now very close to NF.
Although I am not on-board with James, he's a good broadcaster. He has an opinion and whether or not you agree with it is by-the-by. That's why he is there. The guy irritates me and for me to feel any emotion tells me he's doing a good job.

Although I am not on-board with James, he's a good broadcaster. He has an opinion and whether or not you agree with it is by-the-by. That's why he is there. The guy irritates me and for me to feel any emotion tells me he's doing a good job.
Yeah, James does seem to quite popular with the left. He has an audience for sure - quite a large one in fact. I can't say I like the way he comes across on the radio and his attitude towards opposition viewpoints, but he has quite a lot of followers.

Steve's show isn't there today for some reason. All the others are though. That's on the LBC app.

I enjoyed listening to Nick and Carol over the weekend. There was one very enjoyable podcast. The one entitled 'Snogging The Boss'. They were quite serious for some of it which was interesting. Then Nick got onto getting sacked from Virgin and his massive fines from the Radio Authority which led to them discussing Steve Allen's recent woes. Nick didn't want to get too involved for obvious reasons but he was saying Steve's listener number are incredible and he has the highest rated show in the country for that time (some people elsewhere didn't believe Steve when he said it). Nick also said what talent it is to do a 3 hour talk show with no callers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.