LBC Radio #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Caught some of Ben Kentish last night. Thought he was OK.

Didn't Tom Swarbrick start off as a reporter on LBC before being promoted?
Yes, Tom was a roving reporter/journalist.
I believe he was the youngest person to host his own talk show on national radio.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Why would you care what we think?
Just didn’t like being called out for something I didn’t do.
Care 🤔. . not normally, it’s the Internet,.. but upset on this occasion, is that not allowed?

No more from me on this, have no wish to derail your thread.

• Haha
Mad. As I said before, I'm surprised he hasn't changed his lifestyle well before now. I know he said he stopped smoking a long time ago though.
Afternoon All x
Steve stopped smoking way back via patches. Good on him x He tried several times before succeeding.
Ian Payne, a long time smoker, achieved it by using the drug Champix, The manufacturers have recently recalled it.

I see there has been some pruning going on over at the other place and no doubt a couple of bans or suspensions. :rolleyes:

Pathetic.
Is there anyone left to suspend/ban ??? Only me and I no longer ‘engage’…..exasperated at being constantly called out by the Leader of the Gang 😳

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Just didn’t like being called out for something I didn’t do.
Care 🤔. . not normally, it’s the Internet,.. but upset on this occasion, is that not allowed?

No more from me on this, have no wish to derail your thread.
Please don't feel like you can't post in here.And for the record, I reported loads of posts towards the end 🤣

Personally I can't be dealing with combativeness and smart arsedness ( is that a word?) of DS, which is why I left. Pages of politics just isn't for me.
Here is more more general chit chat.

Afternoon All x
Steve stopped smoking way back via patches. Good on him x He tried several times before succeeding.
Ian Payne, a long time smoker, achieved it by using the drug Champix, The manufacturers have recently recalled it.
I'm amazed Steve gave up. He doesn't normally follow Dr's advice. He must have felt really bad.

I have to say Matt Frei has proved me wrong. When he joined LBC I was sure he'd last a few months then move on find the commitment too much with his day job. However, according to his Wiki he started at LBC in 2016! Not bad going as that spot has been difficult to fill on a regular basis.

Last edited:
I believe he was the youngest person to host his own talk show on national radio.
Tom was originally cast as 'senior reporter'. Then he went to work in Downing Street, and came back to LBC with his own show.

Incidentally Matthew Thompson was originally called 'senior reporter' but that seems to have been dropped in favour of 'our reporter' !

I see there has been some pruning going on over at the other place and no doubt a couple of bans or suspensions. :rolleyes:

Pathetic.
Do we know anybody that has gone and / or what they posted?

Tom was originally cast as 'senior reporter'. Then he went to work in Downing Street, and came back to LBC with his own show.

Incidentally Matthew Thompson was originally called 'senior reporter' but that seems to have been dropped in favour of 'our reporter' !

I've lost track of the reporter hierarchy.

Do we know anybody that has gone and / or what they posted?
I don't think anyone was on this occasion.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Does that mean that Theo Usherwood has missed out ( on having a show)? Or do you think that he is happy to be LBC's main reporter?

Does that mean that Theo Usherwood has missed out ( on having a show)? Or do you think that he is happy to be LBC's main reporter?
I think Theo may be happy doing what he's doing just now, and also he was severely impacted by contracting Covid & has health issues.
It wouldn't be the same without hearing "Theo Usherwood reporting......" tbh

I think Theo may be happy doing what he's doing just now, and also he was severely impacted by contracting Covid & has health issues.
It wouldn't be the same without hearing "Theo Usherwood reporting......" tbh
I do quite enjoy James' 'Summon the Usherwood!' 😳

• Haha
Theo is the Political Editor. When Ben Kentish came along, they had to give him a title so they invented 'Westminster Correspondent' !!!! I think they do basically the same job, but Theo doesn't present an occassional programme, whereas Ben does.

I reported loads of posts towards the end 🤣
Bet nothing happened ! There have been some vile comments over there, some I suspect would be constituted as libellous, but nothing ever happens. Only those that make an innocent non-offensive / jokey remark seem to get themselves a ban.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Theo is the Political Editor. When Ben Kentish came along, they had to give him a title so they invented 'Westminster Correspondent' !!!! I think they do basically the same job, but Theo doesn't present an occassional programme, whereas Ben does.

Bet nothing happened ! There have been some vile comments over there, some I suspect would be constituted as libellous, but nothing ever happens. Only those that make an innocent non-offensive / jokey remark seem to get themselves a ban.
I'm sure I remember Theo saying that he wasn't doing as many days after his scare without covid a year ago.

I'm sure I remember Theo saying that he wasn't doing as many days after his scare without covid a year ago.
Prior to him contracting Covid he seemed to be at work 24/7. It didn't matter what time day or night he always seemed available. Then he completely disappeared and we found out how ill he'd been. He's definitely studio based these days.

If anyone ever wondered what it may be like to wake up angry, with a chip on one's shoulder every morning, the LBC clubhouse should be your first port of call.
Very unpleasant indeed.

• Wow
If anyone ever wondered what it may be like to wake up angry, with a chip on one's shoulder every morning, the LBC clubhouse should be your first port of call.
Very unpleasant indeed.
I think some of them have a chip on each shoulder! Then they rush for the report button which by the way it is always those of opposing views get culled is "moderated" by one of them too.
Still I have a wry smile when they make fools of themselves. Like the UK being useless against Covid whereas then it began picking up in Europe as well. It is just pathetic as whilst I hope those ill in Europe get well soon the DS crowd seem to wish for people in the UK to get ill.

Steve Steve Steve
'Toasted grasshopper on a stick...a cricket sandwich eewww.....not for me"
Conkers in a pot

Steve Steve Steve
'Toasted grasshopper on a stick...a cricket sandwich eewww.....not for me"
Conkers in a pot
He's having to work harder these days to fill the three hours without resorting to the same old insults and name-checks, but it's a great improvement.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.