LBC Radio #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, I have managed to hang on ( CC over there ) I won’t post anymore, though, because of a recent banning incident…plus their bullying tactics which were fully supported by the Mods !! It is now the anti Brexit/Boris political hate thread.
I wish they would stop playing that advert for James O’Brien’s latest interview with Kier’s 2nd in command !! Hearing that pompous voice hits a nerve.
Come and play here. We're much nicer. They do all the things they accuse everyone else of doing. Nick Ferrari's physical appearance gets a regular mention.

I was listening to Shelagh today discussing the incident with Jewish kids in Oxford Street celebrating Hanukkah. That hasn't garnered much attention at all. Likewise when there was someone just randomly attacking Orthodox Jewish people in the public a little while ago where one poor man was knocked unconscious just walking down the street. David Baddiel is right.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Come and play here. We're much nicer. They do all the things they accuse everyone else of doing. Nick Ferrari's physical appearance gets a regular mention.
Nick lives in their heads. It's strange and a bit sad to hear what I presume to be middle-aged people using terms that you would normally get from sniggering 12-year-olds describing their teacher.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Nick lives in their heads. It's strange and a bit sad to hear what I presume to be middle-aged people using terms that you would normally get from sniggering 12-year-olds describing their teacher.
That's a perfect description. Like a bunch of school kids.

Is it me or are they putting more adverts into their podcasts these days? Aren't they suppose to be without news and adverts?

Is it me or are they putting more adverts into their podcasts these days? Aren't they suppose to be without news and adverts?
I confess not to have listened to one of their podcasts recently, but I seem to remember that the ads on those were specifically for the podcast and not the everyday ads you hear on LBC.

I wish they would stop playing that advert for James O’Brien’s latest interview with Kier’s 2nd in command !! Hearing that pompous voice hits a nerve.
Hi Allie

I heard it earlier and thought it was awful too. A combination of Brian's brown nosing and Angela Rayner herself.

Sermon on The Mount from O'bingo, the man sees himself as some sort of modern day prophet.
"How do I reach you?"
At least he hasn't mentioned his board game yet :rolleyes:

Sermon on The Mount from O'bingo, the man sees himself as some sort of modern day prophet.
"How do I reach you?"
He sounds demented sometimes. 'How can I reach you?' 'I have to keep telling the truth' 'How can I make you understand' ... all that kind of jazz. I do worry about him sometimes. Him and Maajid.

He sounds demented sometimes. 'How can I reach you?' 'I have to keep telling the truth' 'How can I make you understand' ... all that kind of jazz. I do worry about him sometimes. Him and Maajid.
He's playing to the gallery as they say.
Consuming politics all day every day cannot be good for anyone, there's no way I can listen to O'brien or Nawaz every day, it would be so depressing.

Reactions: 1
"How do I reach you?"
He will mention it ….and the book. Presumably, the proceeds will be going to charity 😃

I heard the beginning of his show, today. He really has his priorities right, discussing last year’s supposed Governmental Xmas parties, rather than the murder of an innocent child !!!!

Last edited:
He's playing to the gallery as they say.
Consuming politics all day every day cannot be good for anyone, there's no way I can listen to O'brien or Nawaz every day, it would be so depressing.
I am a firm believer in that. I tend to dip in and out of LBC and can go a couple of days of not listening at all (apart from SA but he doesn't count) because I can feel the life being drained from me and I can't be that angry all the time. I like to keep informed and hear other opinions but I can't fathom someones mindset who tunes in at 10am everyday waiting for endless, pointless debates on Brexit, only to be disappointed.

Reactions: 4
"How do I reach you?"
He's still only had 12 reviews on Amazon for the board game. I predict a big reduction in price before long.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
He's still only had 12 reviews on Amazon for the board game. I predict a big reduction in price before long.
I don't think it is for charity. I've never heard him say 'all profits go to Make Some Noise' or whatever. Say what you like about Steve but he and his fans do their bit for charity.

I heard the beginning of his show, today. He really has his priorities right, discussing last year’s supposed Governmental Xmas parties, rather than the murder of an innocent child !!!!
That is so horrific. Poor kid never stood a chance. His biological mum is in prison for murdering her partner.

Last edited:
I don't think it is for charity. I've never heard him say 'all profits go to Make Some Noise' or whatever. Say what you like about Steve but he and his fans do their bit for charity.

That is so horrific. Poor kid never stood a chance. His biological mum is in prison for murdering her partner.
The whole things made me cold all morning. So many chances gone by to save that poor boy.

Nah James board games is going back to his pocket, he did say if you bought it on his website it’s 10% cheaper once, but it’s not for charity.

Little Tilly has been returned to the loving arms of her papa, now 😃 Such a kerfuffle about nowt. The words used by SA are oft used as an endearment !!
Yes indeed. The fuss of last week over Steve Allen's apparent comments about illegal immigrants crossing the channel seems to have blown over without a whisper too.

The Tilley thing once again goes to show, with the correct publicity machine behind you, such as the BBC\Strictly Come Dancing media machine, you can stir up a right old storm in a tea cup.

Welcome by the way C.C. or AllieQ, we remember you from over there!

Reactions: 3

You would have thought THAT fact alone would have made that child a priority. Not blaming anyone. except the scum couple who are about to be sentenced- but various grandparents seem to be having a say. Why didn’t they kick up a stink, hang on to the child and call the police.
No doubt, lessons will be learnt !!

Yes indeed. The fuss of last week over Steve Allen's apparent comments about illegal immigrants crossing the channel seems to have blown over without a whisper too.

The Tilley thing once again goes to show, with the correct publicity machine behind you, such as the BBC\Strictly Come Dancing media machine, you can stir up a right old storm in a tea cup.

Thank you xx Yes, you would definitely remember the lovely Colin and the rest of the gang always disagreeing with me, haha.
Who were you, over there, if you don’t mind saying ?

Last edited:

Those comments that were apparently so outrageous they needed reporting to OFCOM :rolleyes: where just his usual comments that some of the serious criminals get on a plane to be deported, call in their lawyers and get let off and 'we are left with the murderers and rapists' ... he did not say all immigrants are murderers and rapists.

I see that vile creature got 29 years minimum. May she spend everyone of those looking over her shoulder and never have a minute's peace.

Steve Allen is in the sights again of the sad trolls with nothing better to fill their morning/noon & nights.

• Sad
Made me laugh this morning when Steve was talking about the Masai mara and how the zebras were crossing the river, then crocodiles got it and were tearing it apart. He said why has nobody built a bridge across so they can walk across it 😂 that's not really how nature works though, is it steve? Lol

I see he's been making himself ill on fried bread. He just can't help himself sometimes.
Did he mention that this morning? I missed that. He said the other day that he had been getting a little chest pain, so I think he's got an appointment with the hospital. What he eats cannot help. He also doesn't get any exercise by the sounds of things.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.