LBC Radio #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He's having to work harder these days to fill the three hours without resorting to the same old insults and name-checks, but it's a great improvement.
He never needed to do all that nonsense. He can fill the time with so much more, that insulting people doesn't benefit him whatsoever.

Reactions: 2
He's having to work harder these days to fill the three hours without resorting to the same old insults and name-checks, but it's a great improvement.
It would be a great improvement if James O'Brien could avoid the same old insults too.

Oh and speaking of avoiding things has James mentioned that Shell has chosen the UK over the EU?

Reactions: 5
He never needed to do all that nonsense. He can fill the time with so much more, that insulting people doesn't benefit him whatsoever.
I genuinely find it more entertaining when he tells us about what he's bought from Waitrose.

I didn't feel entirely comfortable with James' last hour talking about delays with ambulances. Not sure why. I didn't the other day when it was being discussed on Shelagh's show either. I don't want to victim blame but when you hear stories about people calling an ambulance for a broken arm it makes me angry. Unless you're an old, fragile, vulnerable person with no one else around and you've perhaps fallen over, then call an ambulance. You can guarantee that will be the very person that doesn't call one though! Also there was at the guy with Shelagh going on about how he'd had a stroke, knew he was having a stroke so phoned 111 :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1
I must admit, listening to Steve witter on rather than be insulting is far more enjoyable. It's lighthearted chit chat which makes such a difference to all the doom and gloom going on in the world. Like him or loathe him, you don't spend years in a job unless you're good at it - and he must be an asset to LBC given the public outcry to sack him after the Tilly scandal (I'm glad that has died down!).

Reactions: 7
Meanwhile no wonder James O'Brien gets so few callers. No debate just goodbye caller to someone who has NHS experience.

Ooer. Iain on BBC's Politics Today, questioning whether Lammy's job with LBC constitutes a second income!

Ooer. Iain on BBC's Politics Today, questioning whether Lammy's job with LBC constitutes a second income!

But it's a just couple of hours at the weekend !! ... What a load of nonsense. I particularly like his excuse of his presenting a show being ' important for my constituents' .

But it's a just couple of hours at the weekend !! ... What a load of nonsense. I particularly like his excuse of his presenting a show being ' important for my constituents' .
In that case LBC should reserve the 3 hour slot on Saturday, for all the MPs to alternate so that their constiuents can hear them!

Reactions: 3
TBF to Lammy, he's not the first MP to have a show on LBC but not once they reach Cabinet level. J R-M gave it up as soon as he was promoted; Lammy is a Shadow Minister, so he should too.

TBF to Lammy, he's not the first MP to have a show on LBC but not once they reach Cabinet level. J R-M gave it up as soon as he was promoted; Lammy is a Shadow Minister, so he should too.
There are not many people with the Lamsters gift for comedy though......

• Haha
There are not many people with the Lamsters gift for comedy though......

That's almost as good as his appearance on Celerity Mastermind.
Q: Who succeeded Henry the 8th?
A: Er - Henry the 7th?
Q: What was the married name of Nobel winning scientists Marie and Pierre who discovered radium in 1903.
A: Antoinette?

• Haha
The opening at 10 am today was a combination of dog whistling and name calling. I guess some must derive pleasure from it......

The opening at 10 am today was a combination of dog whistling and name calling. I guess some must derive pleasure from it......
LBC's no.1 fan Colin from Raploch/Windsor/Gerrards Cross loves it, in fact Colin is totally convinced that Jobby is going deliver 'one of his finest monologues' in front of a parliamentary select committee in order to convict Nadine Dorries of........well whatever 😁😁😁

LBC's no.1 fan Colin from Raploch/Windsor/Gerrards Cross loves it, in fact Colin is totally convinced that Jobby is going deliver 'one of his finest monologues' in front of a parliamentary select committee in order to convict Nadine Dorries of........well whatever 😁😁😁
Colin will love the tweet below as it is a nasty and unpleasant one.

Petty and unprofessional.
James has a serious issue with Andrew Neil. There's definitely some sort of jealousy and bitterness because Andrew was a titan in his field and revered as an interviewer. Something James will never be.

I know the reason is because the BBC wouldn't allow James to carry on working for them but they allowed AN to. The thing is AN never let his politics get in the way of his interviews. If he was such a raging Conservative and Brexiteer why did Boris give him such a massive swerve during the election campaign?

James has a serious issue with Andrew Neil. There's definitely some sort of jealousy and bitterness because Andrew was a titan in his field and revered as an interviewer. Something James will never be.

I know the reason is because the BBC wouldn't allow James to carry on working for them but they allowed AN to. The thing is AN never let his politics get in the way of his interviews. If he was such a raging Conservative and Brexiteer why did Boris give him such a massive swerve during the election campaign?
I am not quite clear what it is that James thinks Andrew Neil has done? Yes he made a mistake going to GBNews but it is hardly the end of the world.

If Andrew Neil retired now he would be considered to have had an extremely successful career. He would be well regarded by most for the interviews you mention.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.