LBC Radio #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OMG! Andrew Pierce in the Mail. πŸ˜πŸ™„o_O:sick:
What's that all about? Looks like he is stood at a different angle is all. Probably did a few star jumps, skips and press ups before the photo. Is he being paid to promote something or someone fitness related?

Seen this trick so many times in the fitness industry. Better lighting, some oil to the body, few exercises before they take the photos. It is so ridiculous and frustrating to fool people like that.

Reactions: 2
What's that all about? Looks like he is stood at a different angle is all. Probably did a few star jumps, skips and press ups before the photo. Is he being paid to promote something or someone fitness related?

Seen this trick so many times in the fitness industry. Better lighting, some oil to the body, few exercises before they take the photos. It is so ridiculous and frustrating to fool people like that.
Celebrities are the very last people you should listen to about fitness. Remember Fern Britton and her "Ryvita Diet"? Then there was Andrew Marr and his claims about exercise followed by a stroke.

Reactions: 4
Anyone remember Nick Ferrari doing an article on getting his moobs frozen? Why do they do this? They are serious broadcasters.

The James O'Brien v Nadine Dorries war is ramping up nicely.
What is it about James O'Brien and successful women? He seems to attack every female cabinet member.

He undoubtedly got a huge payoff too. If he’s staff, he will be in line for a huge pension.
Actually he is middle aged and a gammon, so June and her diversity brigade at the BBC probably decided he had to go.

Meanwhile over on the other side I see the perpetually offended mob are in uproar over Steve Allen's alleged and no doubt mid contextualised comments this morning. Nothing short of summary execution is being called for once again.

Actually he is middle aged and a gammon, so June and her diversity brigade at the BBC probably decided he had to go.

Meanwhile over on the other side I see the perpetually offended mob are in uproar over Steve Allen's alleged and no doubt mid contextualised comments this morning. Nothing short of summary execution is being called for once again.
The Beeb has been doing masses of redundancies in the last year. They asked for volunteers.

What did Steve say this morning?

What did Steve say this morning?
Apparently he implied that a certain element of illegal immigrants being people traffic'd into this country from war torn France are not quite the tax contributing doctors, teachers and engineers, we would normally like to open our welfare benevolence to. Of course to the left there is no in between here and there's no ground for debate. Illegal immigrants are only ever 100% good for the country.

He escaped last time but stand by this time for Steve Allen to be cancelled.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
It's a compliment to his ability as a broadcaster that his departure from the BBC is being cheered by both the Left and the Right!
It is indeed. I've always found Marr to be quite fair and neutral tbh. Then again I thought the same about Andrew Neil. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
It been confirmed he will be joining LBC and Classic FM so I'll assume it's a weekend shift at LBC.

All the big hitters on the move. Neil, Marr and Boulton.

Marr maybe taking on 10am Sundays instead of Swarbrick? That would allow Swarbrick to concentrate fully on the late night slot and either he or Nick Abbot drop down a day (depending on whether or not they want a 5/2 or 4/3 split).

Marr maybe taking on 10am Sundays instead of Swarbrick? That would allow Swarbrick to concentrate fully on the late night slot and either he or Nick Abbot drop down a day (depending on whether or not they want a 5/2 or 4/3 split).
I wish they'd pension off Nick Abbot altogether and replace him with somebody fresher. Andrew Marr could take over from Matt Frei, who himself needs a replacement every 4 or 5 weeks. It's ghastly Matthew Wright this morning.

I wish they'd pension off Nick Abbot altogether and replace him with somebody fresher. Andrew Marr could take over from Matt Frei, who himself needs a replacement every 4 or 5 weeks. It's ghastly Matthew Wright this morning.
I was thinking that too. Andrew Marr could have a programme on Saturdays and Sundays. So perhaps 10 am to 1 pm on each day.

Fair play to Eddie Mair for this as it raises a smile

" It turns out that three years ago @global wanted to hire #Marr but because of a typo they got me by mistake. "

• Haha
Not sure if anyone listens to For the Many with Iain Dale, but he doesn't think it'll be a weekend slot.

I think he may be an hour a night 6-7, where Farage used to be before his termination.

Just seen a new low for DS on the Steve Allen thread.

Paul Bexfield, known as 'Paul from Manchesterford' , name being taken in vein to bad mouth Steve Allen. Someone he adored. Paul would have been disgusted.

(Paul died a little while ago for those who don't know him)

• Angry
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.